Results - GT World Monza Grand Prix - Jan 13th - 18:15

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Europe Closed' started by Doug Dezan, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

GTR 3
    The GTR3 class is the most densely populated car class in RaceRoom to date, spanning a wide variety of exciting racecar models from around the globe.
    All on a level playing field, all capable of taking the win with the right driver at the wheel and all equally capable of biting you if you get it wrong.
    This pack contains a amount of liveries across the 18 unique car models from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche.

SRO Leaderboard
    You must have your team set as "SRO R3E eSports Team" for your time recorded to show on the leaderboard
    [​IMG]

2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

leadr.png
    Practice Leaderboard
    1 - Mariusz Lebioda - 1m 49.989s - B
    2 - Balazs Flossmann - 1m 50.108s, +00.119s - B

3 - Beng Bandrover - 1m 52.509s, +02.520s
    4 - Doug Dezan - 1m 54.025s, +04.036s - D

Practicing with other drivers is fun and competitive on its own but there is not always someone on the server the same time as you or maybe the server isn't up yet. Here with RaceRoom Racing you can join the leader board and set a best lap for others to practice against or you can go and click that drivers challenge button and see if you are better then him.

Good Luck and may the fastest be with you :)

You can do it manually in your game, Click on Leaderboard set GTR3 for cars and Monza GP for track. and add on the leaderboard team; SRO R3E eSports Team

3. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Challenge if you dare :D

Leader-board is work in progress.
    Click on link above

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

I dared :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Race Server Special Practice Notes

Raceroom's last massive update has many bugs for the multi player hosting and some of you may know this by now.
    There is a small chance there could be a hot fix by Tuesday or even on race day. For now I will have a server set up for practice with some server settings that are not used in the series just to by pass some of the R3E bugs.

At the moment the bugs are this;

1. The pit lane speed has issues and can DQ you or penalize you for speeding even with the pit limiter on. Ihave the flag rules set to visual only from Black Flag, I hope this is a by pass not to get DQ I hope. Please drive through pitlane and report back here if any problem. You must follow the pit lane speed.
    2. If this is not fixed by race day the session changing and end of race has a issue also and I will be manually overriding the controls on the server. At the end of the race please wait on the server until the count down ends, It will only start when I force it to start counting which I will wait until the last car passes the finish line. This might be fixed by race day,
    Server will be up soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I am thinking it might be a good idea to postpone the Monza race and reschedule it for March 24th. There is a "what if" problem and we could be wasting our time racing and have bad race results. I will wait until tomorrow to Officially reschedule Monza encase R3E has a hot patch before tomorrow night.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

Today 11.14 GMT George Ortner on Discord...
    @everyone we are going down for maintenance to deploy a small update containing various fixes. We will try to keep it as short as possible. Thanks for your patience.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Balazs Flossmann

• Like Like x 1
  9. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

race on1.png
    Server will be up soon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

From update notes:
    Missed from December patch notes: After an exploit had been found with pit lane speed limit tolerances (where players would be seen in the pit lane without the limiter on to gain a small advantage by going slightly above the limit), that tolerance was reduced. This has caused some reports of harsher pit speed penalties, which have felt unfair at times. While we look into improving on those cases, players can seek to adapt and adjust their techniques: be careful to enter the pitlane under the limit and make sure not to turn off the limiter too soon when leaving the pitlane. While driving down a slope, avoid giving your engine too much torque as it will be more likely to cause your car to speed above the limit. (using 1st gear with full throttle is more likely to make you bounce above the limit)

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

So, postponed or not? : /

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

We go racing

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

SERVER IS UP!
    New cars are available in this series

Untitled.png
    NOTE!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rob Vandenberg

I'm struggling with R3E a lot...:(
    Lots of track limit penalties for the NEXT lap (annoying!)
    Got a drive thru, car went automatically in pit stall???
    When driving in pit lane apparently game takes over driving (even in Get Real mode), causing a crash in pitwall because I was steering to left (practice race at Daytona Road coarse), so as soon as player is given control your wheel is in the wrong position.

These are things that IMO don't belong to a Get Real mode. Not sure if I'm gonna like it enough...
    (I'm comparing it with RF2)

15. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I will go check. sounds like a set up mistake

16. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I have to wait, another Admin is on the server.. I will get it reset ASAP.

17. Rob Vandenberg

My issues were not on the SRO server. I have the opinion it is not related to a specific server though. But I could be wrong...

18. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Try our server and see. I was on it and it seems normal to me.. Our server has no pit AI control and flags are just visual no penalties. There might be time refused if cross over the line.

19. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I am going on to practice now.

20. Balazs Flossmann

Next lap penalties because on some of tracks you can be faster on the next lap if you going wider or cut the last corners of the the actual lap.
    In this way could "cheat" even 1 sec on next lap.