Results - GT World Paul Ricard - Feb 24th. - 18:15

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Europe Closed' started by Doug Dezan, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Paul Ricard
    Paul Ricard is a fixed stop on the calendar of all major racing teams, this is where the limits are tested.
    The signature blue markings on the track act as massive run-off areas, allowing teams to run at 101% without having to empty their car for gravel when it goes wrong.This challenging and fun track is catering to races from formula cars to GT and touring cars, it is a busy place, and one that you can now finally get to experience in detail.

GTR3
    The GTR3 class is the most densely populated car class in RaceRoom to date, spanning a wide variety of exciting racecar models from around the globe. All on a level playing field, all capable of taking the win with the right driver at the wheel and all equally capable of biting you if you get it wrong. This pack contains a amount of liveries across the 18 unique car models from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche.

SRO Leaderboard
    You must have your team set as "SRO R3E eSports Team" for your time recorded to show on the leaderboard

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

leadr.png
    Practice Leaderboard
    1 - Csaba Lako -1m 53.695s
    2 - Doug Dezan - 1m 59.004s, +05.309s -D
    3 - Balazs Flossmann - 2m 00.153s, +06.458s - B

Practicing with other drivers is fun and competitive on its own but there is not always someone on the server the same time as you or maybe the server isn't up yet. Here with RaceRoom Racing you can join the leader board and set a best lap for others to practice against or you can go and click that drivers challenge button and see if you are better then him.

Good Luck and may the fastest be with you :)

You can do it manually in your game, Click on Leaderboard set GTR3 for cars and Paul Ricard Solution 1A for track. and add on the
    leaderboard team;
    SRO R3E eSports Team

3. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

What a rush this is going to be, all out foot to the floor racing. I was up until 3am setting up the wheel hardware for the Porsche, no more big cars for me. I can see some 300s' kph here once I start adjusting the in-game car settings.The leaderboard is set up. I find the cut track sensitive on the right side to lose your lap time.
    2:00 lap at the moment, I will try to bring that down to 1:56 today.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Practice your pit stops

If you have any questions how to set up your pit stop presets ask now, race time is not the time to figure it out.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

ARG, I forgot to sync OBS with the game res. Quick guide for who doesn't know about preset for pit stop.​

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I hope the next update doesn't happen during race time, There is one suppose to happen very soon.

7. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Thank you guy´s had a good race despite all trouble :rolleyes::eek::oops::rolleyes:
    First a great start , a bit slow on the long straigth , but gain in the corners :)
    until I gear down to fast and got it to N :oops::oops::oops: and spun. And after that 2 other
    misstake due to try to push to much and not really know the car yet.
    After that it was a chase for 30 min or so until I just got on Jens "fish tail" at that moment,
    so keep my plan I do the pit stop now :cool: yeah until I got out and saw I didn´t got any fuel:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O.
    So had to do another pit stop to have fuel :mad::( had forgot to make it green :mad::mad: just fill in the amount. :oops:
    I suppose Ken and Artur got similar problems.

When I had all things done it was a chase again but now -1 lap down :mad::(:mad:
    But with a great smile every lap in that S curve after the start straigth :p:p:D
    A spec thanks to Doug for the fun and congrats to Taner and Jens !

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Fun race despite the bit low number and my lack of practice, especially the first stint was intense.

I assume both Artur and Ken had some kind of pit-stop issue, to answer Björn you can create pit-stop preset with fuel and tyre settings.
    These should then light up "green" on the pitboard when requesting pitstop.

Not sure if it's correct, but I always have to turn of ignition to start the pitstop when in the box.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I notice your second time going to the pits Björn I was just passing the start finish line when you got back on the track and I got to 5 seconds behind you, I though I had a chance to pass you but my left front was not gripping anymore. I know I made a small clip about pre setting pit stops but it wasn't very good. I will make a complete decent video to night.

Yes , the car will not fuel unless the engine is off. There are two settings for that too but that setting is not in the preset. I will show in the video.

When I saw Artur and then Ken leave the game I figure there was some confusion happening with pitting. We will all be RRRE experts by the time the next series begins:D

My race went as I figured, I guess the Porsche 2019 is faster then the regular 911 I had. 175Kph is the max I can go and notice the other Porsche did 177Kph. It's not a huge difference but over 90 minutes of racing wide-open it gains a laps. I have to move my pit limiter button, 3 times I hit it in a chicane and I do a weird slide in slo-motion in to a 90 degree stop in the middle of the track.

After my pit stop my car was running awesome, I am not sure what Jens was thinking having a lap car hang on his rear for 5 laps o_O then I hit the pit limiter accidentally again and he was gone out of site.

Thanks for join the event everyone, yes it is small grid now, but it is just beginning. I think by next year it will be even better. We have another race Roomer joined SRO yesterday and we are going to be making some plans to do with the new rank racing. I was doing a test with today's event here at home which looks promising for the futur and it should bring more Roomies to SRO ;)

Great race and grats to Taner and the podium finishers.
    And watch for the how to pit tutor video, it should be post tomorrow in the RaceRoom 101 thread

• Like Like x 4
  10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I didn't change my tyres at the pitstop, not sure how if Taner or Björn did that but at the end I was around 1.5-2s slower/lap. Did gain on Taner on the final two laps, but my guess he was taking it bit easy not to do that final-laps-mistake that might happen :D

11. Björn Johansson

Yes Jens new tyres first and then fuel :mad::(;)

12. Björn Johansson

This is the most embarressed I look at it and still forgot to green mark fuel :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

13. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I did not changed the tyres just to cover my 3 spins to shorten the gap to Ken but he was lost connection I think.
    The tires not work proper after pitstop. I lost 1-2 seconds lap by lap keeping one eye on the gap behind. The last lap, yes, just done mat and decided not to lap one more as sitting in race time : )

• Like Like x 1
  14. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

There is some odd reactions RR physics. After 2-3 laps car established its own liberty and strated to move oddly at some of the turnes. I also discovered that If you go out of race line a little, physics react unsencronisely. The transition from race line to the out of the line it is too quick. That might cause the car behaiving weird and distribute very fast mass weight. My all spins are about this. So, the next setup absolutly will have understeer settlement, otherwise I will be spinner mad in this sim. : )
    Ken drove very smooth and consist. I needed to push the car to melt the gap between. So push and push caused spins ( with help of what explained above ). Something helped me and Ken was out of the race so I could sit on top step.
    The last race is decider race. I got advantage but who knows. : )

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I used this quote of your post Taner and addressed it to Sector 3. Lets see if they reply back

• Like Like x 1
  16. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I will be posting a better guide soon. I do not find any complete setup for pitstops other then parts of some video. or old and out of date,, I will get on it today.

17. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Here is an answer to my post .

18. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Lets compare that with a fixed set up Taner. If it does or doesn't we will know then.

19. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes you're all right I made a hash of the pitstop. I had pre-set for fuel and tyres but my unfamiliarity with R3E stops meant I, like Bjorn, I hadn't clicked on Fuel to green so when I stopped I didn't get any fuel. I didn't have enough to quite do another lap, reaching about 150m from my pit box after a very slow out-lap. However I also wouldn't have switched off the ignition so wouldn't have got it then either. :mad:

Part of the problem is not running R3E enough, especially online and also in longer races where pit stops would be necessary. Only these mistakes and more experience will fix that.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

• Informative Informative x 1