Race Report SRO Euro F3 Mugello

Discussion in 'Vermin Racing Team' started by Richard Tippet, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Richard Tippet

Richard Tippet Pro Driver

This is where I will post the race report, before putting it on the Vermin Racing Team website.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard Tippet

Richard Tippet Pro Driver

Qaulifying

Qualifying, the track just kept progressing, each driver seem to improve with each lap and no real incidents. Van T Land was provisional pole in the early stages with Tanttu and Tippet in pursuit, only to be toppled by Nieminen who put his car into 2nd with around 2 minutes to go. The top 4 drivers were covered by less than a second with around 30 seconds of qualifying left, but it was nega lap from Nieminen to snatch pole away from Van T Land with his last qualify lap. Nieminem and Van T Land were split by 0.333 with Tanttu 3rd and a surprised TIppet in 4th. Trefny who had been very close and ahead of Tippet in most of the pracice sessions lined up 5th, closely follwed by Potapenko and Postma with Milliken rounded off the grid.

Race 1

As the revs increased, along with Heartrates, or at least Potapenkos, who was testing the new heart monitor device, the lights went out and everyone was clean off the line. Tippet managed to just edge in front of Tanttu, before having to run out wide in turn one. Van T Land demonstrated a similar start, however he managed to take the lead from Nieminen. Behind Potapenko there was a collision between Trefny and Postma, when the later just accidently tapped the read of Trefny who was running on the kerb in turn 1. Towards the end of the first lap, Tanttu made a mistake and Tippet tried to capitalise by driving around the outside, however struggling with the car under braking he almost lost the car and Tanttu slipped up the inside, then Potapenko just clipped his rear wheel, sending him wide into the sidepod of Tippet who had managed to save the car and was leaving room for any cars to come down the inside. Unfortunately for Potapenko the collision sent him sailing off track.

The accident allowed Millikento slip past Tippet around the outside of the final corner and down the straight. Tippet and Milliken would have a good on track battle for a couple of laps, until Milliken made a mistake and ran wide on to a kerb and off the track allowing everyone to move up a place. After about 10 minutes of racing with the positions remaining the same, until Van T Land had to pit for fuel to finish the race. which dropped him out of the race. With around a minute left on the clock, Potapenko ran off the track allowing Trefny past into 5h, Postma had been chasing down Tippet hard who had some serious damage to his car after the collision on lap 1 and was unable to catch 2nd place Tanttu, but Tippet managed to stay ahead of Postma by around 3 seconds at the line. However it was Nieminen who took a fantastic race victory in Race 1.

Result:
    Nieminen
    Tanttu
    Tippet
    Postma
    Trefny
    Potapenko
    Milliken
    Van T Land

Race 2

Race 2 was a reverse order grid determined by the results of race 1. this put Nieminen at the back and Van T Land on pole. A pre race glitch caused Rob Milliken's car to be facing the wrong direction. This was like a stalled car on the grid. Everyone managed to avoid him on the start, with Tippet having a sneaky look down the outside of Trefny, who closed that gap and Tippet backed out dropping down to 7th, with Milliken in after spinning his car around to face the right way. Postma ran a little deep and dropped to 7th behind Tippet. Potapenko made his way up to 3rd with Nieminen into 4th chasing hard by the end of Lap 1 and passing on Lap 2 promoting him to 3rd with an excellent move. As the top 3 strung out a gap at the front, the train of 3 cars would battle it out for 4th place for a number of laps. Potapenko, Trefny and Tippet would all be within a second of each other during this battle, with Tippet closing the gap to the 2 cars in front in sector 1 and 2, only for Potapenko and Trefny to pull away in sector 3.

Up at the front Nieminen was able to catch and overtake Tanttu for 2nd place and began to pull away and close down out leader Van T Land. Trefny made a mistake running wide off a corner, Tippet seized the chance and slipped down the inside of him to take 5th after a brilliantly fought battle and tight defending. With Tippet in front, Trefny chased hard, missed his braking point and slammed into the rear of Tippet who flew off the track at the final corner. He was able to rejoin but very badly damaged and had dropped to 8th, after he let Milliken pass. Trefny apologised and took 2 drive through penalties, although it should have only been the one but an error caused him to take two and dropping him down to last. Tippet struggled and settled in to chase down Milliken towards the end of the race and crossed the line just behind him unable to find a way past. But it was Van T Land who took the honours in Race 2 with Nieminen an amazing 2nd and Tanttu 3rd. All in all a great event with excellent level of skill shown by all the drivers.

Result:
    Van T Land
    Nieminen
    Tanttu
    Potapenko
    Postma
    Milliken
    Tippet
    Trefny

Vermin Report:

I think from a personal view that was one of the best races I have had online ever... A great way to return to racing, I was very pleased and surprised I was able to be as quick as I was and also grab a Podium (although it was only because Martijn was running on fumes :p) but really enjoyed it and great to have Vermin Racing back near the top of Sim Racing. Slava did an excellent job, not only of hosting the live stream but also pointing me in the right direction on the setup, although a special thanks to fLxTiCaL as well for helping out and getting me up to speed.

Tippet!