Raceroom and ACC

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Andre Depit, May 27, 2019.

1. Andre Depit

Andre Depit Pro Driver

Now I have been trying to give these 2 games a go. Let's start with Raceroom as I have played this a lot today. Now this game is so nearly there for me. The things it lack are good AI and a league system like iRacing for Multiplayer. In single player mode this game has the best sounds great tyre wear which is realistic for me and way better than PC2 and AC. The graphics are good in VR but it does push my hardware to the limit and I have a good PC. I sometimes see stuttering and stopping which isn't great in a racer but it is workable as not all the time. Now the AI needs serious work as it will shunt you off and go into the race line and not give way and ACC is just a bit of a mess in my opinion at the moment though it looks good but the handling seems a bit off and I can't get VR to work. This is so much worse than AC on VR setup and not good why did they change a working system for this?

Please your thoughts as Raceroom could be such a good game but just misses the mark I love the handling just not the matchmaking or the AI. ACC looks nice but maybe style over substance at the moment.

2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

The last time I tried R3E is probably a year. Is not bad, but I think the ffb isn't as good than like AC, and there are too much grip on the tires. But it looks and sounds good.

1.0 Upgrading to ACC is coming in 2 days, so it will be much better. I like the ffb, physics and graphics, but the menus, huds and stuffs are pretty bad in VR. That rain and night is so cool in this game.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  3. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

some of the drivers here have done s few races on R3E in the past and it was very good close racing. some very different tracks are available, and as you say the handling , FFB and sounds are amazing. it could be not enough have this game.