Registration now Open for FIA GT3 Series

Discussion in 'FIA GT3 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Hey Ken.
    It's good to have a GT3 series for rf1.
    But I was wondering why you pick this mod over the blancpain2012 mod. Both are made by gpfan... but the latest one is pretty much an updated version... not perfect but with far less bugs and really good/improved physics and models.

Anyway consider this for an eventual futur serie. I'll try to make this one if I'm able to fix my config in time.
    See ya on track.

3. Ken Jagger

Nice to hear from you Kahel :)
    I didn't know the Blancpain mod was an update for the GT3 2010 mod, I thought it was a different mod altogether even though GPFan was involved in both of them.
    Whatever the situation is, I chose the GT3 2010 mod to use for this series as a change from the usual mods. I never did "run with the herd" :)

4. Sandor Csiha

Sandor Csiha Pro Driver

I register this series, i will try it on the track.... :D
    Car: Chevrolet Corvette C3

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cesare Pomarici

Cesare Pomarici Pro Driver

Good race today, congratulations to Sandor who had a good pace, sorry for the chat in the final but Victor is dangerous.:):);)

6. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Some drivers tell about problems with mirrors in game chat. Make sure that you have this values zero in .plr file. My mirrors was fine

Code:
    Self In TV Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)
    Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

My settings are at 0 but You still see the car in the virtual rear-view mirror if you use the Bonnet cam view.

8. Sandor Csiha

Sandor Csiha Pro Driver

Thank you Cesare, and big Grat for your win. You are very fast ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ken Jagger

The initial testing of this mod appeared to show that Traction Control & Anti-lock Braking worked with these cars. After the first race last week at Hockenheimring that doesn't seem to be the case, so TC & ABS have been disallowed for the remainder of the series.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cesare Pomarici

It is always better to remove all driving aids
    with driving aids you never learn to drive well and to make good setups:);)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Some cars are just undriveable or extremely difficult to control without a bit of TC or ABS e.g. the original BES mod for rF2 which locked the brakes as soon as you even thought about applying them :eek:.

Some mods are created with physics close to the real world cars which actually use these driving aids, so without them it's unrealistic to expect to be able to control them. In my experience, driving aids do not make up for the lack of driving experience or skills, or prohibit developing the knowledge of creating car setups.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cesare Pomarici

Mmmmm:):):D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I like how you think Cesare. Driving without aids is a lot more fun for me. I never use them. Also don't use paddle shifters unless it's modern F1 or Indycars. Manual clutch and sequential shifting are my preferences. Really good fun in older cars, like F179 mod for RF2. But I don't have a problem with drivers who do use aids. They are typically faster than me but not always. I don't use aids for DTM series and can keep up with the front runners.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cesare Pomarici

I with the aid I get worse, especially with the TC does not turn well the car accelerating as I would like:):):)

15. Cesare Pomarici

we hope that in Macau there are more drivers
    Ken but the departure was not rolling ?? ... hehehehe:):):eek::rolleyes:;)

16. Ken Jagger

You clearly need to practice your standing starts Cesare ;)

• Funny Funny x 1