Registration Open for Alfa Romeo 8C GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo 8C GT3 Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

There is a practice server up on server 1 !
    SRO Alpha 8C Cup

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I installed and ticked the checkbox for ptracker, but if I cut the track nothing happens. Did I miss doing something?
    Do you get a warning only after multiple cuts?
    Do I also have to activate "penalties" in summary? I have that option off standard.

4. Ken Jagger

I should've made this clear for everybody running in this series:

PLP App: MANDATORY APP This event requires you to use the Pit Lane Penalty program! Remember to turn it on via in game app menu once in AC (mouse over right side of your screen from cockpit) find it HERE

Anyone failing to use this app and adhere to any penalties it gives during the race will be subject to race DQ.

5. Ken Jagger

The PLP app is the one used for monitoring track cutting. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier John.

6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I had it installed and checked the box. So, it's oke then now?

7. Ken Jagger

Yep you should be go to go John :)

8. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I thought it just gave time penalties after the race (look at live racers/AC/ server 1/ sessions/ click on race)
    But not sure because it looks like Ed was maybe not running the app? since he was not valid on the lap time page..

9. Ken Jagger

John got mixed up with ptracker and PLP which are two different apps.

10. Zoltan Fiatal

Zoltan Fiatal Pro Driver

He dont cut the track, i checked in every lap :D :D

11. Ken Jagger

Yeh but what about you Zoltan.....:eek:

12. Zoltan Fiatal

Zoltan Fiatal Pro Driver

13. Ken Jagger

14. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

15. Ken Jagger

16. Zoltan Fiatal

Zoltan Fiatal Pro Driver

okay okay no prob :) But i remember when the PLP gave me a truck cut, when i slipped off from the track. The PLP cant make difference the real cut and when you make a mistake.

17. Ken Jagger

If PLP reports a cut its A CUT, whether it's a mistake or not. The video link I posted above explains it all clearly and how you can avoid building up cuts until they become a penalty after the 4th cut.
    I was referring to the results link you provided Zoltan which do not show ANY cuts when in fact you had at least 2 that PLP reported during the race. I also had one that I remember and that's not reported either. It's not a problem as you didn't exceed the limit and get a penalty :)

18. Ken Jagger

After further consideration about the issues caused with using the PLP App, we have decided that it will no longer be used, in it's current version, by SRO for any ongoing series or new ones. Feel free to uninstall it from your AC client or leave it installed if you wish for it's other functionality, as we will not be acting on an any cut messages it gives.

• Like Like x 1