Registration Open for Historic F3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

These cars are great stuff. Please try an join.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gerhard Hofmann

If you are interested in testing car and track: tonight we will test on a private Server. Watch out for Acd Server. No Pw required. Open from 18.30 on.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

hi guys, anyone willing to share car setup for EVE F3? I'm more AC guy and new to RF2. These F3s are perfect but seems too understeer to me with default setup. thx

5. Gerhard Hofmann

Patrik, i am driving the Spark, so i just can offer you its Setup.

6. Ken Jagger

I last drove these cars over 1yr ago and rF2 has been updated several times, including the new tyre model, so my setup will probably be useless now :(

7. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

Ok guys. Thanks anyway. If I have time, iI will try some tweaks. If not I'll use default one. :) actualy I was quite OK with defaults, but it seems that after last updates the car is not willing to turn when I want to :)

8. Ken Jagger

Try stiffening the rear and /or softening the front, that usually helps. Also don't make the steering too sensitive, you need plenty of wheel motion for these cars.

9. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

Where are you looking for Patrick? It is not logical but i upped all the dampersettings and lowered the car and springs., and a little more front toe

• Like Like x 1
  10. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

I didn't play with setup yet as I'm not familiar how and what to do. yeah - I read a lot of theory but still I'm not confident enough to do the setup by myself :) I just have a feeling that before recent updates to RF2, about 2 weeks ago, this EVE F3s were less over-steering. I'll try to tweak these dampers and springs a bit to see results. thx

11. Ken Jagger

There's no magic in developing a setup which suits you personally Patrik, it's just a matter of making a change, testing it over a few laps and then either keeping or reversing the change and then move on and try something else. We all know the theory :) so just try things out and find what works for you.
    I've tried lots of setups from other guys and in most cases they don't work for me, as it's all about driving style, where we can all be a bit different. In fact some of them look totally unrealistic when you baseline them against basic car suspension data.

Work at getting something that you feel comfortable with and forget anybody else's setup is my advice :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

will current grip stay on the track? or will we start on clean track and build the grip starting with official practice? I made some changes to the default setup but works good only on full grip track :D. Anyway, I'm still almost 2 second after the best time, but it is not problem of the setup :p

13. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

I would have the same question. "Unfortunately" ;) my wife found last minute vacation and I will not attend silverstone race :( gl to all drivers there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not looked at the track as not installed.

Your decision sounds ok to me Gerhard.

15. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

sorry I will not know to Tuesday if I can make the race. What is the maximum number of drivers?

16. Ken Jagger

Our server is set for 30 Players.