Results - GT World Hockenheinring - Feb 10th. - 18:15

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Europe Closed' started by Doug Dezan, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

[ MONZA \ BRAND HATCH \ HOCKENHEIMRING \ PAUL RICARD \ ZANDVOORT ]

Hockenheimring
    Redesigned in 2001, the new Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg traditionally stages the DTM season kick-off as well as the final round of the season. The track demands precision driving, especially through the corner combinations in the Motodrom stadium complex.

GTR 3
    The GTR3 class is the most densely populated car class in RaceRoom to date, spanning a wide variety of exciting racecar models from around the globe.
    All on a level playing field, all capable of taking the win with the right driver at the wheel and all equally capable of biting you if you get it wrong.
    This pack contains a amount of liveries across the 18 unique car models from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche.

SRO Leaderboard
    You must have your team set as "SRO R3E eSports Team" for your time recorded to show on the leaderboard

[​IMG]

2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

leadr.png
    Practice Leaderboard
    1 - Balazs Flossmann - 1m 41.857s - B

Practicing with other drivers is fun and competitive on its own but there is not always someone on the server the same time as you or maybe the server isn't up yet. Here with RaceRoom Racing you can join the leader board and set a best lap for others to practice against or you can go and click that drivers challenge button and see if you are better then him.

Good Luck and may the fastest be with you :)

You can do it manually in your game, Click on Leaderboard set GTR3 for cars and Hockenheimring Grand Prix for track. and add on the
    leaderboard team;
    SRO R3E eSports Team

3. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

New update today ( Monday ). I will set up practice server as soon the new update is out,

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Server up!

5. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Hi
    Thought I give this sim a go , it was a sim I use to do a lot once . :)
    But haven´t done in a year or so now, ok don´t be worried I will
    be very careful as always ;)
    See you
    ( got to have something to do when wife is at hard work with this covid crap :mad: 24/7 , try to have her team/department going) :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

qqqqqqq.png
    Welcome aboard Björn Johansson, see you on the track. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not sure what was going on but the car felt strangely different for me tonight at this track. If the rear slid slightly e.g. going through T1, or when exiting the slower turns/hairpins, the rear wheels seemed to lock together and no amount of throttle application would get any power going through them to maintain forwards momentum. It was almost as if the T/C would not allow the engine to provide any power unless the car was pointing straight ahead. When it did start to spool up again, it was really slow to build revs and I seemed to be losing so much time waiting for forward speed to get going again.

After a web search I found some references to similar problems from other guys using the GT3R cars, so maybe it's only related to them? Doug do you know what "Factory T/C" actually means? Does it limit the T/C settings you can make in-car (or actually FIX them on one setting), which I only discovered you could alter after the race by testing them on the server :oops: I assumed T/C was one fixed setting so never tried adjusting it whilst driving. Maybe that's where the problem lay?

Also can I request we run the next races in normal daylight. The lighting in R3E for sunset races is not very good and I found it hard to clearly make out the apexes on some turns. It looks good with decent GFX settings, but doesn't add to the racing IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

Factory TC means if the car has in real life...you can also use in the sim.
    I'm using TC in-car adjustment (I used tonight as well) and it's worked.
    I'm using different TC setting at start and also changing depends on tyre wear.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

You can set the TC levels in your car setup also. And that reminds me why my car was sluggish as well I forgot to set them.
    TC 1 is when you try to get going with your foot floored on the pedal it will limit your wheel spin at 100% you can adjust that lower to allow less TC and power to the drive. As you see there are 6 of them and it controls the TC depending on torque and also for engine brake-traction when you slow down. In other words to cand adjust the car's computer to how you drive. You will have to spend a few hours setting that up. Remember when you do adjust your engine-brake you might have to go back to adjust the TC computer again.

Yes, that track was a bit of glare with the sun in ours faces, not all tracks are that bad. The 30-minute races I run at sunset. the others are noon or afternoon.

My car was pushing and sluggish badly today to I forgot to set the TC for this track. I usually adjust the first 3 or 4 for myself depending on the track.

20210210160059_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

The T/C % setting is saved in the setup, however the selection always defaults to TC1. If you change in session, it then keeps that setting. Don't remember if it stays over to next session or returns to TC1 again. 100% means full T/C, 0% no T/C.

Had little time to practice so used my Brands setup and have raced this track many times before so it went Ok.
    One of the better races with Björn and Ken, after the first intense laps, the final 28 minutes had little rest as well :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Björn Johansson

Think I did a ok come back to RRE , didn´t do much GT3 back in the days.
    And to do everything a new way I also took another car never used P4-5 before was :eek: about its perfromance.
    To bad here is no Aston Martin :(:(
    Practice went good with PB and good pace. :)
    Sorry to say I couldn´t make the same in Qual :(
    Race was ok at I had also a bit hard to judge the track with that setting.
    Had a bit off battle with Jens / Ken for some time, got a little rear end touch off Taner and
    there was 10 second gone. Did some try to push try to catch up but it only got me overshoot
    corners and miss brake points :mad::( and as we where really close in our lap times it was doomed
    no progress what so ever.
    So congrats to all podium player´s and a great thank you to Doug for all the fun :p

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Ken Jagger

I don't remember Toni being in this race Bjorn o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Taking into account the info provided (thanks all :)), that sounds like where the issue was.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Björn Johansson

Sorry to many race no it was Taner Selvi :oops: my exuce go to mr Talvitie :oops:

15. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

20210211110347_1a.jpg
    GT World Euro driver Balazs Flossmann cruised to victory in GT World Hockenheimring for the 2cd time in a row on Wednesday to celebrate a win. Not far behind battling for 2cd the two Fords, Jens Roos and Ken Jagger through out the race. Björn Johansson just kept his pace in 4th place and Taner Selvi looks like his car was understeering having trouble in corners.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1