rFactor 2 Rf2 GT3 DLC

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

How many drivers here have purchased /or will purchase the GT3 DLC from S397 ?
    I bought the pack when the first car , Mclaren was released ...the other 4 cars with the Bentley should be out soon ...
    I would like to have a rf2 GT3 championship here at SRO .these would be top of my list but they are payware ...
    but if enough players have the DLC it could happen ...
    I'm considering the latest release of the simtec GT3/world series as an alternative we have been racing the endouro mod so that's a possibility as well but I would like to try something new ..& I like the BMW M6 ! lol

2. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

How does it drive? I will have to buy it...sooner or latter..

3. Rob Milliken

For me its one of the best cars yet ! Can't wait for the other 4 !

4. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Do they have a date? Any clues about the cars???
    Btw, i tried the simtek...
    IMO, the apex and specially the URD are way better

5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'm going to be running a Simtek GT3 series elsewhere (which BTW doesn't clash or compete with SRO) and IMHO this mod is just as good as either Apex/URD, but then what do I know? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Yes last weeks update to the simtek mod made some nice improvements !

7. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Sure, me too..what do i know?? I just go by the "feel" of it...

8. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I just saw some videos with the gt3 cars from s397... and they look good!
    I'm thinking of buying them...

9. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I will buy as well, Then get a series up asap

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

I have them & got to drive them the night before i left ! When i first fired them up in DX11I was kinda un impressed, then I saw ther was a new DX11 build that came out with them! Once I installed the new beta they came to life!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I haven't had any real chance to test the cars out but just thought I would offer some guidance in case of any difficulties with the pack.

I purchased the full "pack" when the McLaren was released as considering how much Studio 397 have done so far for free I wanted to offer some support (and I just like the McLaren anyway!)

I found that when the game was trying to update the McLaren it was throwing up errors but I didn't pay too much close attention to it. I think it was a kind of mismatch between the Workshop and the packages system within RF2.

Anyway, when the other cars were released I noticed that although I bought the full pack back in August the other cars were not downloading so I put a quick post up on the Studio 397 forums.

You need to go to your inventory menu option within Steam, and you'll see the other cars there. I had to manually unsubscribe and subscribe each car to trigger the downloads. Otherwise nothing was happening. It also looks like it cured the issue I was having with the McLaren and the odd error messages.

Would be nice in the future to maybe have the Lamborghini, BMW and the Porsche added on as well. Being an Emil Frey fan the Jaguar would be cool as well but that's very unlikely.

It's difficult with licensing and costs, easy for a mod group as long as they are careful that they don't charge for anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Hi Andrew!

"You need to go to your inventory menu option within Steam, and you'll see the other cars there."
    The were you can add and delete mods? Where you choose SinglePlayer or MultiPlayer?

Thank you..
    :)

13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hiya,

Here's the original post I did, if you scroll down you'll see the screen image someone posted showing the inventory menu option, plus an image of the cars page. Learn something everyday as I wasn't even aware of this menu!

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gt3-cars-not-downloading.58069/#post-917432

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Neither was I!!
    ahahahah

I'll try these cars this week end!! :)
    I hope we get to drive them here real soon!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Interesting, I was just looking at the Simtek Facebook page and I see the Audi R8, Emil Frey Jaguar and the Renault RS01 are in the works to be added soon so the choice becomes even more difficult! :)

The Simtek mod I understand handles very differently to the Studio397 cars. I haven't had chance to check yet but makes interesting reading.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Still to try the new s397 cars...
    But, i've tried the URD, the Enduracers, the Simtek, the Apex... and in my opinion the Simtek is not the best one
    That title, so far, IMO, goes to the URD mod which is great AWESOME stuff!!!...
    And the Apex... specially the Porsche is also very very good.. Perfect for a Porsche cup i say

There's another which i think is very well done... is the Corvette from ISI (gt4 class i think)... and the Nissan GTR (gt3 class i think) ... GREAT (gt cars) mods

• Like Like x 2
  18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yes if I remember rightly, for one reason or another the Simtek mods are not well liked on RaceDepartment. Can't remember the exact reasons why but its probably the usual stuff about handling physics, etc. Probably I suppose due the guesswork involved in creating a mod of this type. However it's a nice collection of GT3's and it is a free mod so I can't complain too much. It's still cool to drive.

I agree with you though. If you want to create a WEC style grid the URD mod is a great choice (P1, P2 and GTE) with the Enduracer mod in 2nd. For me anyway. The Enduracer loses out not on the vehicle type, choice or quality but on the age of the vehicles, some would prefer newer cars and that's fine. It's good to have the choice though. The older P2's are still very pretty :)

URD seem to have this ability to create a car that's fun to drive without being incredibly tough. The DTM's are a good example. They will bite you if you are crazy with them but you can really lean on them and that makes them good fun. Also the detail of the models is not over the top so there isn't the performance hit that you would get in other mods.

It would be great if someone did a few of the IMSA DPi's. I know the Mazda was done for Assetto Corsa but if we had the Cadillac, Mazda and Acura for RF2. You could have Dpi, GTE and GT3 fairly easily from other mods/DLC's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Agree... it's a good mod.. and on top of that, FREE!!
    As I said before, i go by the feel of it.. and with my settings i do prefer URD handling physics´to the one on the simtek mod or any other.
    I can't explain why that is (honestly) ... i just like it best (entirely subjective so open to discussion)
    The URD is a solid master piece of work.. all the cars feel great

And the Apex Porsche? Man, solid piece of modding.. awesome work!!!

Btw, never tried the p1 or p2 from URD.. only the p2 from enduracers :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

BTW, Stock cars? Do you like them?? Or the SuperCars V8?