rFactor 2 rF2 Issue, I can't spin out!

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Darrel Kruger, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

OK, I am over my head here and need some help.

I’m running GT3 F488 EVO @ Matsuska (Suzuki) and am getting this issue. I was running the USF-17 Tatuus @ Sonoma with the same issue. But I didn’t check all those settings yet, but I did for GT3!

TC available but off

ABS available but off

I am going thru the switchbacks and the car is throttling back, I have the pedal floored, the rear end is planted but I did reduce the rear wing a little to see if it would slide a little more to resolve the issue. But it didn't.

Look at the picture posted, it the data stream off the telem. Right where that line is I am full throttle, but my speed is going down, I am in a turn, I can’t understand it!

The Gforce is going down, Yaw rate is going down, engine rpm is going down, but I have the throttle pegged.

Does anyone have a clue to what is happening. It’s like there is something in the sim that is choking everything down.

Is there another driver’s aid somewhere?

upload_2021-4-23_7-52-55.png

2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Can you post a video of when that happens?

3. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I have a video of the lap @ that point inside rF2. How do you get it out of the sim to a video?
    I am literally endering a corner at full throttle, and the car is choking down before I even turn the wheel for the next corner.

4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

The only thing I can think of is do you have Braking help set to anything other than off.

5. Henri Miettinen

You need use some screen capturing app for that like OBS. But check first you have Braking help and other aids set to off.

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The graph looks odd in some respects. For that amount of throttle reduction i.e. >50% the speed doesn't show a big drop and the engine revs don't go down as much as I would've expected.

7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hmmm.. try the F-Keys
    F4= stability control
    F5 = spin recovery

8. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

This is all very flustrating, I couldn't keep up with Ken and now I know why!!! SRO put a virus on my rig?
    I tried to get OBS to run, I got it dl'ed, but my video driver (NVidia GeForce GTX 970M) does not comply with NVENC, whatever that is. So is there another alternative?
    I tried F4 & F5, still have the 'choking'. My ABS/TC are available, but set at 0.
    But it as I have been telling you all, I got the pedal to the floor and the engine is choking before I get to the apex. I'm trying to shoot through the corner (and blow off course if necessary) to test this choking thing.
    There really isn't any reason to race if I can't run my race. I could just floor it and drive around the course and let it protect me?

9. Rob Milliken

Is it only that car & track?
    For video, If you have Nvidia use Gforce Experience for taking your vids & screens. Some ppl don't like it but I've been using it for years & do all my vids & screens with it & its built-in, I have no issues at all with it..

Check your throttle to see if its spiking, It might be dropping in and out on the last 10% of full throttle, I spray mine out all the time, also the break might be dragging as well, check your replay for brake lights coming on when no breaking etc..

10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Do you have any dead zones set in the Controller settings?
    Have you checked the windows Games Controllers window to see if your pedals are properly calibrated?
    Does this happen in others sims? Could be a hardware issue if so.

11. Henri Miettinen

If you use Windows you can use Game bar for recording.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Ahh never mind I see you had the same issue already .. I would check the pots on the peddles .. you can check it in the controller menu of rf2 where it shows the throttle & break inputs ..simply hold it down for as long as you can & see if it starts to spike or crap out . Just 2 months ago I had to open up my g27 peddles and clean out all the dirt, dust & hair ..Then no more peddle spikes ..my breaks were also dragging & the clean up fixed that as well.

13. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

OK, I have a video, but it is 50,000KB, it will not upload. If you want to see it, PM my your email and I'll send it to you or a link to dropbox. After 11.36 there is a left hander, this is of the telem I posted. I am flat out into the corner, you can hear the motor being choked.

You can see on the telem that the gas pedal is operating correctly, it’s not cutting back. It is definitely not the pots, that is ridiculous, sorry.

edit: I uploaded the video to drop box, here is the link, thanks.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0upy3hjcpkd6pj/rF2-2.mp4?dl=0
    I used Nvidia GeForce option, works good although I had to chat to open an account to get it to work, some reason their www site is messed up?
    No, it is not just this track, it is happening on the USF-17 Tatuus @ Sonoma.
    But these tracks with the switchbacks really makes it noticable more. I think it's been happening all along, that is why I never win!!!!

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  14. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Darrel, post/link your log file and I can save a few laps with my car and see how it compares.
    (or I can take the Ferrari for a spin as well)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

OK, here are the logs. I renamed them from *.ld to *.txt so they would load. I think one of these are from the telem. The times didn’t match exactly, and the whole folder really doesn’t make much sense as other files are the same time & with different *.ld or *.ldx. ??????

16. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I'll do some test tomorrow, might not tell why if there is any difference but at least indicate if there is any relevant ones compared to my setup/configuration of rF2.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

Yes, your right, the telm would tell for sure if it was spiking:rolleyes:...
    just thinking out loud ...
    But I wonder if your onto something? in rf2 I have often found myself thinking the TC was coming on, or at least that's the feeling I get sometimes. This when TC is supposedly off like you say ..

18. Henri Miettinen

Did you check you have these aids off?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  19. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I got up this morning and decided to go through the whole game page by page.... and Henri & I found it.... That DIFFICULTY page is on the startup set, not in the game at the track. I found it this morning and the ALB & TC was on low. In the track pages, all that was OFF.
    Why do they have multiple pages where the same items are addressed? Who Knew?
    Thanks guys for your help, we figured it out.
    Ken doesn't have to worry, I went to the track this morning to test my changes, and I'm not any faster! Hmmmmf!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1