rFactor 2 rFactor 2 F1 1979 Round 1 Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 12, 2017.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Post all the reports and screen / video's here please.

2. John vd Geest

If anyone could not get in the first round because of the missing password, let me know and I will refund your money and pay for you myself.
    Those people can still do the series.

I really don't know what happend with the password. I checked it just before the race and I could see the password just fine.
    I will let Nigel Middleton look into it. Won't happen again.

3. Darien Bailey

Darien Bailey Pro Driver

The race was fun while it lasted. Finishing up lap 1 I got a phone notification. Went to reach for the phone to move it out of my line of sight and accidentally downshifted. KaBoom! Race over. Gutted. I'll see ya'll at Zolder stronger than ever! The only way from here is up, haha!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luis Moreno

Luis Moreno Pro Driver

Good race. Sloppy on my end though, was not able to get used to the racing setup quickly, I hit Michal on T1 (sorry bro :( ) and I had to pit for repairs at lap 2 after realizing I lost my front wing after another mess at T2.

Grats to Dino and podium guys :D

But overall, the race was good. Would be nice to have warmup just a little longer (maybe 5 mins at most?). Car was a fun beast. On to the next race :) Also, the schedule is nice, better to have an very early morning race here in PH than a very late night race.

• Like Like x 3
  5. John vd Geest

Rob Milliken sets up the server. We could do a 5 minute warmup if everyone else agrees.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  6. Luis Moreno

Luis Moreno Pro Driver

10 mins more than enough. In the other leagues I join in, warmups are usually only 5 min :)

7. John vd Geest

I choose a agressive strategie. 2 x soft. Pitted on the half mark piont and to another set. I was gambling a bit that I would be albe to overtake the guys again who past me during my pitstop. Sadly ... no LOL! I came very close to Yoeri on the last lap, but there wasn't time anymore to attack. Still, happy with P4 for the first race.

The first one was a cracker guys. Enjoyed myself very much. Great cars.
    Grats to Dino for the win who outclassed everybody. Well done.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

5 minutes is fine too (If everyone agrees) :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. John vd Geest

About the missing password:
    The SRO tech guy explained it was a software bug. He has found and fixed it. So we can be sure it won't happen again.
    Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

10. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Glad the PW glitch is fixed, that was fast !:)

I knew my race pace was well off the leaders so I decided to go with the hard's a no stopper ...
    HJ R 1 pic 4.jpg
    The Race Start saw some cars come together & and few spots were gained :).. knowing i was off pace & on hard Tires I just needed to keep it cool and hit my marks and who knows !

My struggles were only added to when i took an un expected broadside ...
    Hj R1 pic 2.jpg
    After shaking it off & now some 25 seconds behind the back of the field I went into survival mode & tried to keep it together !:rolleyes: The damage was only slight & I had some flat spots but the car was still strait so I pressed on lapping in the 14's :(

Saw some great battles as the leaders went threw under the blue flag ...
    HJ R 1 pic 3.jpg Early on Battle for 3rd JVDG & Yoeri ....

The hards proved to last for the no stopper but the pace way off for me probably more driver than tire related :D I was unable to hold any positions but did manage a 13th place finish !! lol

HJ R 1 pic 1.jpg

See you all in the next one !

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

This is no prob ... & a good idea for this type of event $$$

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

As a side note;
    If you go to championships / raceresults and look at the resultpage, you see a link "report" on the right side next to your name.
    If you click on that, you can see all sorts of info like all your laptimes / sectortimes / how many pitstops / consistency ect. Also very usefull to compair to others.

13. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

14. John vd Geest

I have found 2 people using Esc. and re-joning the track in qualifying. This is not allowed. These 2 people will recieve a mail from me.
    They will have to do a drive-through at the end of lap 1 in the next event witch is Zolder.

For people who want to file a protest, follow these procedures (there is a protest link in the main F1 1979 thread):
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/t...ne-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-834

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

But the penalties will be revealed right? Or you penalize people in private?

16. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Started the race off not to bad got myself up to 11th then car started to come round landed on a curb 45 or so seconds to get myself off.

Dropped down the order a bit then made a mistake looking at the tyre wear end of race.

Grats to Dino on the win

• Like Like x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Penalties are given for rejoining the track in qual after using the Esc. key on track to:
    1. Jose Casanovas
    2. Ken Hunter

They must do a drive-through right after the first race lap in the next event.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

That was a fun first race of the series. I could only join during qualifying because of the password drama. I had to quickly set up my mic to ask around in teamspeak, but I hadn't used it in forever and something wasn't working, but big thanks to Barret Erickson for reacting to the chat and letting me know the race pw just in time to make it :)

I had done my practice beforehand to judge the different cars in the mod, so joining late wasn't a problem. I was in a slightly pissed mood in q which I think helped with the laptime actually :D

Race was smoother then expected, only one small off-track excursion somewhere towards the end.
    I think Michal did very good with the Ligier here. I initially wanted to take that car too; but when I matched the laptime with the Williams in practice after just 3 laps and still had less tirewear doing so, I chickened out and took the safer option :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

Ah, so this is where the party is. There I was, staring at the general discussion page wondering why no comments or reports were made on the race...

Had a fun race. Hit a nice time in qualifying and put myself in 6th position. I raced on hard tires, not expecting softs to be racing tires, so I was in for a surprise when people pitted around the halfway point. I took a look at my tires, wondering what everyone else was on about... Oh well, seems I have to try them softs at Zolder. I think I also drove around with too much downforce. That was very neat in the middle sector, but quite difficult in the first one. Dino was way out of reach, but I was happy to snatch away a position or two in the end, earning me the third step on the podium. The hard compound worked just fine, allowing me to consistenly drive 1:09s with the occasional excursion into the 1:08s and 1:10s. Glad to see the race lasted no longer than one hour though... Another lap and John would have blasted by!

I'm looking forward to Zolder and I'd also very much appreciate a 5 to 10-minute Warm Up session to get drinks, a toilet break and some starting practice to get into the rhythm. I was kind of surprised to jump straight to race. It worked out though, so no complaints here!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

As I said, I had some incidents in this race. :confused:
    1 - Lap 1, T1, with Jose Casanovas. I hited his car from behind, and now I think I know why: I think he trashed his engine before t1, was so slow... and i couldn't avoid him.
    2- Lap 4, T1, with MichaƂ Mazurek. We touched... could not see he was so near in my camera view (didn't see his car until my spin).
    3 - Lap 39, with Nick Phillips. He came very fast from the left side (could not see him - when i did was too late).

Incident 1 and 3: I thought that maybe the fault was mine, that's why, to be safe, I did two drive trough in the end of the race

Incident 2: I thought Michal had the blame.

Incidents 2 and 3: Funny, I run with triples and the view angle from my car and the view angle from outside the camera are very very different. In my view, they are both racing incidents

Cheers all!

• Like Like x 2