rFactor 1 rFactor crash when choosing "load track"

Discussion in 'rFactor 1 General Discussion' started by Paul Upham, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I have not used rFactor 1 for years and I am trying to get it working with windows 10 now that i have joined SRO. I am having a problem with it crashing when i have chosen either testing or race weekend and then i choose Load Circuit it just goes back to desktop. I reinstalled from disk and it won't load the game at all with the new install. I am lost as to what to do and I would like to race with you guys tomorrow.

2. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Maybe some files are missing? Do you get an error message or the game just crash to desktop?
    I don't know, I saw in the past people with W10 complaining about rF1 issues, I can't help more because I use W7.

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not sure as I have not used RF1 for a long time.
    Run as administrator might help?

4. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

No error just crash to desktop. I have heard it maybe a 64bit thing. I was wondering if there was a patch that i am missing.

5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I would but it is a little high price for such an old game. The only reason to use it is to join the races on this server.

Thanks for you help. I got it working with a patched exe file.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

You could have also searched for rFactor Lite on the net. It's a free stripped official version from ISI that only includes one track and car, but allows any community add ons to be installed. Lots of the DL links no longer work but with a little patience you should find one that does, like possibly RFactor - OVGget-good.net › title=RFactor

8. Tom Burt

Tom Burt Pro Driver

Hi Paul, I'm having the same issues now trying to get rFactor 1.2.5.5 running on Windows 10. I'm not using the Steam version. How did you manage to get yours to work? What 'patched exe' file did you use?
    Thanks for your help!

9. Ken Jagger

Tom have you tried installing the Lite version available from the link in this post above?

Remember to run the Installer as Administrator.

10. Ken Jagger

Make sure you install it to another folder and not to ..Windows\Program Files (x86)

Try starting rF using Win7 compatibility mode and/or Windowed )not full screen) mode.