Round 1 Algarve

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2018
  2. Rob Milliken

10 drivers signed up so far ! that's great !
    Be great to get a few more before race day !!
    Hers a couple things off the check list :
    Make sure you understand your pit stop menus and are able to change on the fly using the ICM ..
    Have your lights and wipers mapped ..:)

3. Rob Milliken

Alright we now have 14 ! 2 more spots !! tell your friends !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Drivers remember we have a dedicated server just sitting there during the week .anyone signed up for the series feel free to jump on and set up a practice session ..If you know pc2 you should have no issue choosing the track & cars just remember to set a practice and or Q session or you wont be able to start it … (When the server sits idle it defaults to 0 sessions and the race ..) server : SimRacingOnline
    In the mean time I have been hosting from my PC .. > FKR @ SRO GT3 I have it set for 7 lap races / 15m Q then I rotate threw the series tracks ! ..I leave it public so if you see it jump in !
    Also we can use steam friends to help on race day ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Hey Rob i'll probably be on later tonight for a practice session so will set up a session if no one else has. My username on steam just now is r3c14im3r if you want to add me to Steam, if I understand right i'll need to swap this to my real name on race day for SRO results?

6. Rob Milliken

Yes we need real names .. & you do this by changing your steam aliases' , your steam name. If you don't know how check THIS POST

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Woo Hoo we have filed the grid ! @16 drivers !
    I want to remind everyone to have a look and the Championship series thread HERE
    Make sure you are familiar with pc2's pit stops and menus' These are endurance races to finish first you must first finish !

8. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Sorry lads something has come up with work. I will not be able to race on Saturday evening. :(:(:(

9. Rob Milliken

Thx for the heads up Sean ! sometimes work sux ..lol been there .. no worries see you in round 2 !

10. Rob Milliken

TeamSpeak Addy found HERE (I will make a fkr gt3 room on race day)
    I highly recommend everyone to be on TS for these events if at all possible , (although we are not going to force anyone to do anything :rolleyes:) ..The chat system in pc2 is cumbersome .. Even if you don't have a mic Please jump on so you can here whats going on in the race .. It might just save your race ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi everyone, I've put the word out to a few PC2 fans, fingers crossed they may join in.

Work has been pretty crazy recently and I haven't had much practice time this week. Can you any of you give me a target time?

I normally look at server information but I can't see a PC2 one, no problems with that though.

Looking forward to this though, being an AM supporter it'll be the Vantage for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

@Rob Milliken I may have missed it somewhere, but has there been a weather report for round 1 posted yet ?

( It's Portugal it must be sunny, right ? )

13. Rob Milliken

Excellent question & Yes I was about to post ..Expect fair weather with some clouds the day starts with some heavy clouds but it thins out as the day progresses ! so No Rain ..that's the important part !
    Remember at some point in the series there will be 1 random weather slot selected of the 4 .. It will be announced at the event .. hell it might be a thunderstorm or simply sunny for that segment of the weather (1 of 4 - see the championship post for details on weather time slots) ;)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Rob Milliken

I should have the official practice server up by 19:00 BST for a 2hr P session ,with pc2 there is no restarting ,no advancing the session & remember you cant get on the server with less than 3 min left in any session ..so if you miss practice by less that 3 min and it says WAITING stay on as the server will be joinable again once the session changes for the 10 min Q .. but that's it ! NO restarts ..so please everyone try to be on before the 3 min cut off .. :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Looking forward to tonight. Fingers crossed for a good turnout. Hoping for some more during the season maybe.

For its faults PC2 looks amazing and really adds to the sim driving experience. Especially with the sun setting and rising again. Really nice.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rob Milliken

Race day server is up !!!!
    All drivers remember to send me a friend request once on the server , its easy just click my name in the lobby & when the screen pops up you will see the friend request tic box :)

17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I'm so sorry guys but I think I may be out.

My wheel and pedals are not working and looking at controller properties it looks like Windows has replaced the official Fanatec drivers with it's own? They look completely different.

Anyway, the PC is no longer working with the wheel or pedal. I've removed the drivers a dozen times (and installed the official Fanatec ones) and the Windows ones are still replacing the Fanatec ones every time I plug the wheel in. Tried disconnecting from the internet, everything I can think off.

So frustrating, really looking forward to this, if I manage to get in I'll have no practice....again! lol

I will keep trying :)

18. Rob Milliken

You on win10 ?

19. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yes I am, just hunting for the Fanatec beta drivers again...

20. Rob Milliken

Dario has his fantec working on win 10 with fantec drivers .. you have some time still! Server is 8 min behind iffical time he also has fonoleds’ app to Anyway hope you get it sorted ! Try another usb port ??