rFactor 1 Round 1 Algarve

Discussion in 'Skoda Octavia Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gaetano Gianino

Gaetano Gianino Pro Driver

Hello.

Should we communicate the choice of vehicle? If yes, Where?

3. Ken Jagger

Unless the Series Info thread states that car choice must be made, then you can use whichever skin you like. This mod has lots, so we shouldn't get too much repetition of the same skin. :)

4. Gaetano Gianino

Gaetano Gianino Pro Driver

All cars (2007, 2008, 2009) are the same about engine, fast and performance?

5. Ken Jagger

Yes they are all the same.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

7. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

I couldn't do the race guys.
    Couldn't see 2007 skins, every time session changed I lost my mirrors (Jorge also lost mirrors too, and I think two more drivers Luis and Toni), and when going to race not only mirrors but lost the wheel too. Too much bugs for me. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

I lose my mirrors in each season change. I tried to race without them but it's too dangerous, so I quit. 2007 and 2008 car are different even if they don't seem different. I need something to fix the problem with the mirrros at season changes or I will be forced to unregister this championship :(

9. Ken Jagger

There were many more guys who didn't have problems with mirrors, LOD distance views and/or performance than suffered with problems, so it isn't a 100% widespread issue for everyone. This mod has been used successfully for many years at other online communities, so I don't know what is causing the problems for a few guys here. The physics for all cars are exactly the same, so performance is exactly the same.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Cars are not the same, for example the fixed gear ratios are different as can be seen in two different soc_Gears.ini and soc08_Gears.ini. Because of that 08 version has more top speed than 06 and 07. Physics has also changes, for example the height of the cars are different, and the suspension parameters are different too, as can be seen in soc.hdv and soc08.hdv.

Regarding the other problems, yeah you're right. A shame some guys like me are suffering those rare bugs, I'll try to solve it but have no clue about sorting the mirrors problem. I can run with the LOD distance problem with a little bit of extra care, but race without mirrors isn't safe neither for me or the other drivers.

If I can solve it I'll post it. ;)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  11. Ken Jagger

Yes you are right Ramon. I was referring to the in-game display of power/torque/weight which of course is not the complete physics picture, so my bad on that. For equality we will only use the 2008 cars for the future races.
    The mirrors problem is really unusual and a strange one. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

I have to comment a detail that I missed in the previous post... The problem with mirrors is not that mirrors stop working... it still work at the season change; but "they" point to the floor; so the issue is a cam related issue. 2007 car have a different seat position that 2008 and mirrors angles are related to seat position....

I will check cams for my car and compare with ken's car (that I guess It works) looking for diferences... by the way, Ramon and I drove from the cockpit... Did you use the same camera, Ken?

13. Ken Jagger

I used the bonnet cam, but by default its set to cockpit. When the session changed the mirrors including Virtual mirrors were displaying correctly in both views.

14. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

I request to allow 2007 cars in the next race in order to test if the mirror problem also happens with 2007 cars. The have diferent cam files and diferent head files so maybe they didn't have the mirror issue... BYW; in offline mode it doesn't happens...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  15. Ken Jagger

I'll leave the server car settings as they are Jorge so you can test when the server is put up for the next race.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

Stefano Zanti has been Banned from SRO for his unprofessional and totally unsportsmanlike behaviour in the race tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

Thanks; I also will try to let bonnet cam selected in season changes ... who knows if that makes the difference...
    OMG... There is a reply file? XD

18. Ken Jagger

I'll put one up tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

I was about to complain about him, took me a couple of laps to get in position to overtake him because he was constantly blocking me (even had to lift or brake in straight line for not hitting him). For a moment forgot about the fight and aimed for the best line in penultimate turn in order to reach higher speed earlier, got ahead and he hit my rear in plain start-finish straight. That's why I had to retire from race.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  20. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

Done dozens of races with this mod in old R2P days, never had a problem with the mirrors but today they went off as soon as we went to qualy and never came back. Maybe mod/track combination don't wark as well as they should. About performance of the cars (2006/07/08) they are the same, before race I was doin 2:06 with all of them, the differences are only on skins (didn't look at .veh files). Today was a bit slower because physiotherapy was a bit tiring than usual.

• Like Like x 1