Round 1 Aosta Race reports & Screens!

Discussion in 'FKR Formula 3 Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Screenshot_dallara_f312_aosta_31-3-118-0-33-53.jpg
    Have Your Say !

• Like Like x 1
  2. when first time I run on Aosta my first thought was - what a cr..p track.. later with more runs I started to like it and I'm in LOVE now. So technical and demanding. Changing your racing line just a bit can be easily 0.5 sec difference. My first race was a kind of pursuit a car in front. Gap was between 3-4 sec. Finally I catch the car but overtake was not good, we crashed.
    Second race - in first corner managed to be 1st, then later made a mistake - 3rd. Then car in front made a mistake - back to 2nd and at the end of the race over overtaken by aliens - 3rd again

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andrea Giachè

Andrea Giachè Pro Driver

First race in a long long time. How I missed it!
    Qualifying: the highlight of the evening. I put on a great lap, the best I could have done, I think, and almost got pole position.

Race 1: of course, the race was not mine to win, nor I had the pace to finish second. My foot slipped a bit and overshoot the first corner, so I lost second, but then, as I said, I couldn't regain it.

Race 2: for this one I did some setup tweaks that I knew would have worked, as they did. I could have won it, to be honest. But, on lap 2 (if I remember correctly), at the chicane I hit the guy leading the race. Our speed delta was so big, that from my point of view he just stopped in the middle of the corner, and I could do nothing, if not slamming on the brakes and hit him.
    I waited on the gravel for him to restart, but I guess he got way more damage than I had, and he retired. I went on and tried to fight my way back from the bottom. Again on T1, I was on the outside this time, I was sure I had space, I was sure I was giving space. But me and Rob (was it you Rob? I'm sorry I have yet to associate cars and names) touched. Despite the unknown of who was to blame, in virtue of the lap 2 crash, I decided to self-impose myself a drive-through, as stated by the rules.
    I'm rather new to Assetto Corsa, so I didn't know there were pit-lane speeding penalties, lmao. After two drive-through, the race looked over. Still, I tried to push and see what could have happened. I managed to finish fourth, God knows how.

Rather an eventful return to sim racing. What a shame, though, because I wanted to avoid collisions and everything, but in the end I might have caused a couple of them. For those, I apologize.

• Like Like x 2
  4. STREAM recordings is here:

• Like Like x 4
  5. special Thanks comes to my GF who helped with camera car. :cool:
    still we have to learn how guys at RD manage that - you don't see for camera car to press Esc/Go to pit..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

No fun, very bad feeling.

7. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

as usually, my best lap times looked promising, and as usually I made so much mistakes that I was unable to keep the pace and have a nice race. ..not with aliens of course ;) you guys are beyond my reach. (..yet.. :p ). otherwise, 2 short races and reverse grid is good idea, I like it. maybe one comment - there is still lot of crashes in T1. especially if it is that difficult as in Aosta. We are small group and we know how the others drive. it is not that difficult to predict how fast or slow other driver will be in the turn and we should be careful to not destroy a race to each other.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Martijn van t Land

Martijn van t Land Pro Driver

First of all thanks to Rob for organising this league! Also thanks to Vyacheslav for the effort to get the stream up and running!

Quali was tens. Andrea set a quick time early on and only just pipped him by 0.067sec in the last lap of quali.

Race 1 had a good start and could stretch out my lead lap by lap with some nice consistant high 1.07 / low 1.08s.

Race 2 was something completely different! Have had experience with double headers with reversed grid over at SRS. It's always a bit of a gamble... especially with a chicane like at Aosta. Also speeddifference can be an issue as Andrea stated.

On lap 2 guys in front crashed had to take evasive action and had to go through the gravel. 3rd lap same happened..... fighting back i had a great run through last chicane and got in slipstream of Vyacheslav but lost the rear in the fast righthanders slaming into the pittwall:oops: resulting in a dark red frontwing.... My mistake! After that got my head down closed the gap to the lead back from +22s to +10s at the finish. But Tommi was cruising....

Well all in all had great fun and looking forward to Mugello.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Roel, please don't make it hurt you! I enjoyed a lot fighting with you in Race 1!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Martijn van t Land

Shame pole and fastest race lap doesn't get an extra point;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

Not as much that one, but race 2 was @#&!! . These cars seem to have no brakes and are 20 feet wide

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Tommi Tanttu

Tommi Tanttu Pro Driver

No extra points for you Martijn ;) Let's try to keep this championship tight as possible.

Qualy for me was little disappointment, but P1 & P2 times were really good so P3 I think was best I could achieve yesterday.

First race started P3 then Andrea P2 made small mistake and I could pass him. After that gap between me and Andrea was really close like -2 seconds for long time. Unfortunately Martijn P1 was able to increase gap lap by lap. His race pace was too fast for me. Of course I can't blame me so I think it was the race setup, tyre temperature or the food I ate before the race;).

Race 2 was lucky time for my white Dallara. I started P7 and was P2 after first chicane. After few laps P1 and by then gap was pretty big. I was watching realtime app and monitoring the progress behind.

It was fun to race with Dallara and track was crazy, but in good way.

Thanks for Vyacheslav for stream! It was really good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

@Vyacheslav Potapenko - I just watched part of yesterday's stream and it is good indeed. I'm surprised how interesting the race looks like. almost more than behind the wheel ;) thanks for that effort you did!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Andrea Giachè

Andrea Giachè Pro Driver

I agree 100%. Here it wasn't that big of a deal, but when you approach T1 at Barcelona, for example, the brakes feels very lazy. Lots of people enjoy it, anyway. AMS F3 is still the best in my opinion.

15. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

That's not exactly what i was trying to say, i go punted so badly i lost the will to race.

16. Martijn van t Land

Will server be setup for Mugello?

17. Rob Milliken

Screenshot_dallara_f312_aosta_11-4-118-12-28-36.jpg
    Screenshot_dallara_f312_aosta_11-4-118-12-39-10.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Rob Milliken

Yes its up !

20. Martijn van t Land

Thanks! I noticed and did some laps already:)

Maybe open the Mugello thread?