Automobilista Round 1 Barber MSP

Discussion in 'Puma PO52 Revival Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Server seems offline?

3. Ken Jagger

Back up now Jens.

4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

hmm maybe I was one hour early in my mind here :D

5. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Nice race yesterday, sad that Csaba couln't race at the end, seemed that he was super quick yesterday in practice.

My qualifying wasn't good at all, so I started 2nd. Cold tyres are always a thing to look at the starts, and I lost control in the first corner in the most ridiculous way. At least I didn't crashed at the other 3 guys... :confused:

Then I just tried to be consistent in my lap times, and wait for some mistakes of the other drivers, wich are quite common with this crazy car :p
    Eventually put myself in 1st, but Ken was super fast yesterday and did most of the corners in a completely different approach than me, resulting in a very raw battle because when some of us attempted a pass, most of the times ended with a spin lol :D

At the end, 1st but more because of other's errors than my own race, wich wasn't clean at all, full of mistakes like the other ones. Nice car and great looking championship, let's see the next one. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ken Jagger

Your not joking, it reminds me a little of the early releases of the rF Enduracers mod which just loved to swap ends with the rear coming around on the front at ridiculously slow speeds. With the limited setup options for the car, it was hard to find a balance for braking into and exit from a lot of the turns, plus the non-adjustable gearing seems a bit off for a decent spread of power/torque. Having said all that I did manage to get a little more confident with it and for the first half or so of the race I was pretty consistent.
    When I saw Jens drop back and Ramon recovering forward, I monitored the gap without pushing too hard and figured I was ok for the win. What happens when you do that?, well I think you know the answer :eek: An unforced error allowed Ramon to close up and then a couple more let him get past. I did manage to catch him again when he had a moment and then twice fluffed it when a pass was possible. Great driving from Ramon and it was a shame Csaba couldn't stay for the race as I think it might have been a different story otherwise.

Fingers crossed for future races as we all get a handle on driving this car more consistently. AND I thought this AMS track version is one of the best versions I've run in any sim :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1