rFactor 2 Round 1 Belgium 66 F3

Discussion in 'Classic Formula Festival Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Will try and work it out in the morning, as I guess I wont be playing golf with snow still coming down, but anyone advise where the pits start and stop here, as I got pinged in practice :)

I guess the yellow line?

3. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hey Nick. Happy to see you back at SRO :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

First rF2 race in over a year and I'm looking forward to it on my new wheel! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Being quite new to rf2, is the fuel readout reliable?

6. Ken Jagger

I would say no it isn't. I use one of the alternative HUD's available from STEAM Workshop which give an accurate per lap reading.

7. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Just re watched the epic ‘Grand Prix’ movie so very much in the mood :cool: exiting la source hairpin at this track looks photo real :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Oh :( how bad is it? Will take a quick look on steam but bit late notice :eek:

9. Ken Jagger

Not sure Mark, as I never taken notice of it since rF2 came out. Maybe it has been fixed in newer releases/updates. Last race here I got around 3.42 L/L.

10. Ken Jagger

Hug the right side of the track on exit of the final hairpin. The line defines the start of the pit lane speed limit and you must be inside it (like Monaco) and call for the pitstop before entering. If you are not to the right you will not get serviced.

11. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Got through the carnage at Aurouge then hit by a flying hay bale on a fast section in the first lap. Got a fright and had a spectacular crash.
    Nuff said lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Well that was a rubbish introduction to this series :( got as far as T1 before several cars collided and took me off track with their spinning cars. Couldnt you just follow each other through for the the first corner?! :confused: To add to that i got around about a quarter of a lap to find a car doing a doughnut in the middle of the flat out kink and hit them full broadside. Had steering damage and lord knows what else damage. Crabbed it around for another lap but as soon as i entered T1 the car went left into the arrmco hard. Wheel off, race over. :(
    Also suffered a game crash at end of practise, so missed most of qually but still managed to get it 13th with one lap so was hopeful of a good race with other cars, but not so.

13. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

That race was very exciting at the start and at the finish and snooze-inducing in between.

Excited for the F2 and F1 car races to follow!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

I just slowly and carefully followed the cars into in the first turn and then drove through it. These haybales are little pests though :)
    My PC froze between Quali and warm up so had a frantic time getting it back up and running and re entering in warm up

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Hay bale tragedy ended it. Where to next?

16. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Same track, different car next week, hahaha. Beware the Hay!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

A bit disappointing to have the carnage at the start, but with such a tight start to the lap it's almost inevitable that one little touch between two cars can have a major knock-0n effect to others. Hopefully everyone learns something from this race to carry forward into the F2 race in 2 weeks time.
    After going out with my 3-wheel wagon towards the end of the race, I was able to watch the fantastic duel between Ted, Jos & Mac for the podium places. A great final move from Ted at the final hairpin got him 1st place at the line. It was a treat to watch such close, fair and respectful racing, so thank you guys for that. :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. Ken Jagger

In 2 weeks actually ;)

19. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Sucks to lose out on another win (I'll get my first SRO win one day :p) but I wasn't in the best position on the last lap to take advantage of the fight between Jos and Ted.

Most of the race was really dull in general but the end was awesome. With a couple of laps to go I tried backing up to allow Ted to catch up. He caught up with about a lap or two to go before an almighty battle for the lead. Could have probably finished 2nd or even had the race win but I took one for the team and we walked out with a great result. Good job on 2nd though :) @Jos Ogos

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

First rF2 race for 2? 3? years not sure, but will certainly take that result.
    Was concentrating on not connecting with anyone (guess a haybale doesnt count) and realised with the mess behind I was up and running.

By myself for the most part in fifth place with guys drafting away in front, then I guess Paul had an issue and I closed in on him with a few laps to go, managing to get past with one scary slide into the kink which could have ended fatally in the side of a building.

But glad to make the end firstly, and fourth place a bonus as I get back into this title again.

Thanks for the welcome back from all, and look forward to the rest of the series.

• Like Like x 2