Assetto Corsa Round 1 Bhudd International

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Asian Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 3
  2. James Bird

James Bird Pro Driver

Hi Ken, I'm getting a checksum error trying to join the server.

3. Ken Jagger

You have to have the AC Helicorsa app installed. I'm making it mandatory for this series, whereas previously we have left it as advisory.
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/

• Like Like x 1
  4. James Bird

James Bird Pro Driver

Thanks Ken.

5. …..sorry guys, but countless failed attempts this evening to log on to the server without success (it’s showing constantly to be in quali mode) have resulted in me unregisterung from the series. Was really looking forward to this but just can’t face the constant frustration of setting some time aside to practice…….and not being able to.:mad:

6. Ken Jagger

Chris I may have identified the problem. See my PM to you.

7. Ken Jagger

I have noticed some guys practising on the server using nicknames, so please remember to change your profile name to your real SRO member name or you will not get recorded in the results.

8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It is soooo frustrating. I can't push any key (ESC) in game :mad:. I can't do nothing. Must alt+tab and kill AC

9. Tell me about it Flaviu……..for reasons unknown I haven’t even been able to log on to the server at all, hence my exit from the series……I feel your pain!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

Hi Flaviu, Not sure if its the same problem I had a while back but I managed to get through by mapping a few important buttons to an xbox controller.

Might be worth a try. Cant hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nassim Alaoui

Nassim Alaoui Pro Driver

you need to have the AC Helicorsa app installed. it's mandatory for this series,² without it you can't access the server
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Interesting, thanks Nassim,wasn’t aware of this, where is this published as I don’t recall seeing it anywhere?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nassim Alaoui

Nassim Alaoui Pro Driver

it wasn't posted anywhere i think , i just got it from one of Ken's posts in this forum , i'm sure others are having same issue as well

14. Flaviu Bozga

Well, after a restart of AC, I was able to drive around 30 minutes, then ... bang. Again no keys ........

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nassim Alaoui

Nassim Alaoui Pro Driver

i can confirm , i am having same issues

• Like Like x 1
  16. Flaviu Bozga

Yes, Nassim is right. @Chris Belfield you must have Helicorsa installed

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Very frustrating again... Lights out and a disconnect :mad: I have had a similar issue in the last race of the previous championship. I was diconnected there in the end of the waiting time. Before that I did 4 races without any problems.
    Can somebody help me with this problem?
    PS: sorry if my car was in somebodys way at the start :(

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Post #3 in this thread after James was unable to connect.

For people loosing connection if you are all Content Manager users there is a good chance it's due to that.
    There is a bug that's been present for about a year where if you enter a car just after you've been doing anything in the chat window and haven't clicked elsewhere on the stock AC parts of the screen then you loose all keyboard controls.
    It happened to me in the practice server and happens now and again whenever I forget to wildly click around the time screen before getting in my car.

As for the race, it was fantastic - I've never driven this circuit before so had to learn it during practice. I've also only ever done 1 race in the MX5's so had to re-learn how to drive them.
    A bit of an odd combo, Hated the track at first and then it started growing on me as I got to know it better and better.
    It was quite amusing that it takes the best part of 10-15 minutes to get the tires upto temp as you really have to lean on them to make temp - but can't lean on then if they're cold :confused:

I got mugged at the start, and after a fight to escape from the clutches of Andreas I had to put me head down to catch back upto Alex.
    That must have taken at least 15 minutes - from from that point on we were trading 10ths and generally lapping within about .5 of a second apart.
    We swapped positions a few times and I may have 'slightly nudged' Alex at one point :oops:
    Then with only a couple of laps to go and our fight getting - if anything - more intense, he dived off into the pits leaving me free and clear.
    I'm not entirely sure how, but in the final 2 laps of the race I then went on to record a pair of PB's too.

Only remaining funny thing to report was that a celebratory doughnut proved near impossible, as the hotter my rear tires got, the grippier they became so I just snow ploughed off the track or stalled :D

If every remaining race is this good then the season will be epic :cool:

Well done to the podium and massive commiserations to Alex!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Sorry to Phil Brown for the small bump in turn one. That seemed to be the last straw for Phil.

Sorry!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  20. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

To your point Tim, this is the first race where i really noticed the track improvement and lots of people were setting PB's lap after lap at the end.

Great race everyone! Hope there are all as much fun.

• Like Like x 1