Project Cars 2 Round 1 Brands Hatch 25/05/2020

Discussion in 'Formula Renault Eurocup Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, May 25, 2020.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race 1 was a learning curve, Waiting for the lights top bar was red thought they would count down but no went straight to green that caught me out big time.

Not sure who it was who run in to me, Hope you did not suffer to much damage I had to pit to much damage for me.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  2. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Thank you all for a good race night.
    My first and second win at MP :rolleyes:
    I don´t even like open wheelers :oops:
    Well there was some good reason to it all, a lot off trouble at the first start.
    In race two I was so scared to get too close too Branco "you where all over the place??"
    or was it the old PC lagging??
    Big thank you Admins for you´r effort put in here!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I apologize, for saying you hit me Bjorn. I just checked the replay and it was Jose Branco that hit me hard twice in one corner. My car was useless after the hit. Hopefully the next will be a better experience, once we get the bugs out of pc3. Thanks to the host(s) for a valiant effort

4. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

No problem Paul I knew it wasn´t me all :cool:

5. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

First race I just saw a flying car and can't avoid it, I need to pit and then just bring it to the finish line.
    Second race I made a mistake touch the barriers just a little and got my wheels sideways, I have to fight that car for more than 12 min trying to get it in a strait line, even so I have a nice pace until the final laps and cant hold it anymore I has just begging for the finish line.

@Paul, sorry to hear that, I didn't notice touching you, my car was sliding all over the place, very sorry.

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It might have been me Nigel, although I tried to jink right when you didn't start, the slight contact slowed my car and I got a massive hit from behind, which almost totalled the car. One very slow wobbly lap back to the pits with a 2 min stop ended my 1st race with these very nice cars.

For the 2nd race I got away from pole position cleanly and pulled away until I got the message from the pit crew to stop?? By the time I realised why, I didn't have enough fuel to make it to the pits. I started the race on Qualifying fuel of only 20L....DOH!! :rolleyes:

7. Erik Einarsson

Erik Einarsson Pro Driver

Congratulations Björn on the victories, was a nice first race! Too bad I had to run for work otherwise I would have loved to race in the second race.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I did expect the lights to count down and not go straight to green, Lesson learnt.

Was surprised after pitting I could get up to 3rd happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

I know Kenny is the SRO Admin host for this series, but I need to remind all those of you who ran using a nickname that we do not normally allow this at SRO. You MUST use your real name, so please make sure to resolve this before your next race here, in any series and not just PC2. Thank you :).

10. Erik Einarsson

Erik Einarsson Pro Driver

How do I goa bout changing the name? Do I have to change my name in Steam then? Because changing the name in game does not work for me

11. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

It looks like you have no choice but to change you Steam "Profile" name to your real name in order for that to show up in PC2 Multiplayer mode. It's a bit frustrating but the only way around it is to change your Steam "profile" name to your real name before logging on to race PC2 on SRO and then change back after we are done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

That will apply to Assetto Corse also as that uses your STEAM name.

13. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I don't have that issue with AC. Just raced and it uses my real name

14. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I believe it is just PC and PC2 that uses your "Profile" Steam name. Real name and profile name are different in steam and most have there nickname in the profile space. So that's only applicable to the Project Cars games. Thats my experience anyway. I believe the other use the specific game profile name. I might be wrong. ;)