Round 1 Brands Hatch GP - Thu Oct 1, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa league: DRM mod Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 5, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Brands Hatch GP

This event marks round 1 of the DRM challenge. The beginning of a great series.

We will be using the "Real skins" v1.3 pack.
    You can get it here: Real Skin Pack

If you want a skin for your car, this is how you get it:

Don't post it on the forum, because I might miss it.

Click on my name in the avatar and send me a mail with:
    1) the car
    2) the skin nr.
    3) your GUID info

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

DRM v1.3 league discount

The DRM devs have given me a league discount. DRM v1.3 will come out at the end of July.
    You can send me a mail for the discount code:

From the Devs:

Hi John,

thanks for your mail
    Of course it is possible to give you a discount for a league event.
    I can offer you a discount of 35 % for our DRM REVIVAL MOD.
    Let me know if you are interested, I will send you the discount code.
    The discount code is only available for the members of Sim Racing Online.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  3. John vd Geest

The DRM mod is constructed in 2 divisions as shown below. This makes the series a multi-class series.

Division 1:
    • RMT 1N
    • Carma 308
    • Marod Aero
    • Puriano 1H / 3H
    • Delikata
    Division 2:
    • RMT 1001
    • RMT 120
    • RMT 121
    • Marod Scream
    • Lardo Monastir

4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Are you going to list the car/skin choices so we don't replicate John?
    Also it'll let me choose something less Porky for some variety if everyone picks the K3 in Div 1!

I'll send you my prefered K2, and then a 'backup' car/skin that you can chuck me into if the Porsche is over popular ;)

5. John vd Geest

Sure, I can do that. I'll post an inventory list later :)

6. Dennis Matzies

Dennis Matzies Pro Driver

Sorry about the question, but how long is the race ? I found nothing about the race length :(

7. John vd Geest

All races are 60 minutes.
    You can find all info about the series here: Series info
    You can find all info about the event itself here: Event info

8. John vd Geest

I am presented with a problem for 3 chosen tracks.
    Brands Hatch
    Imola
    Nordschleife

Although we have increased the number of pit boxes from 24 to 32 for those tracks with the patch (you should always make a backup first),
    acServiceManager doesn't let me put more in than 24 cars. So I can only set up 24 cars on the server for those tracks. I think that patch was made for single player only as it doesn't work in acServiceManager.
    We can either reduce the field to 24 cars for the whole series or choose 3 new tracks from the list that can hold 30 cars.

What does the league want?
    Vote results for tracks list

9. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Just asking why not 2x25min and second race reverse grid? It would be much more fun than running 60min alone.

10. John vd Geest

Are you joining Henri? :D

11. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Yes

12. John vd Geest

Cool :)
    The ground rules for the series have already been laid down and we don't change the rules once the series has been launched unless there is a technical problem that needs to be fixed. But feel free to suggest this in a following series. :)

13. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

I meant to ask, John. I don't see that there is a Mandatory pit stop w/ tire change as there was in the TC League. Is that correct or am I simply missing something noted in the rules somewhere?

14. John vd Geest

A mandatory pitstop was not discussed by the league. So it's not mandatory. But as I understand from testers, the Endu tires won't last for 60 minutes. So there's that.
    But that's hear-say.

15. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Affirm. Thank you!

16. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

John, are the pitbox increased tracks the OSRW versions? These work as we've used them at Srou in the past if whatever you have are no good
    I think they also add a second track rather than over-writing the stock ones. I'd have to dig through racedepartment and/or my spare HDD to find them but am sure they were some of the first community mods for AC

17. John vd Geest

The pitbox patch works fine for Brands and the Nords, I just don't see a OSRW in acServerManager for Imola.

18. Dennis Matzies

Dennis Matzies Pro Driver

Hi Guys,
    i have choice the Lardo Monastir for Brands Hatch ( DIV 2 ) and would ask, if anybody have some lap times from the DIV 1?
    I hope the DIV 2 vehicles can cause a little trouble against the DIV 1 ?!?!?!

19. John vd Geest

Haven't tested yet. Only did a few rounds on other tracks, but when those tires are warm ... Wow, these cars go man!!

Edit: just did a few laps in the Lardo Monastir on default setup and came to 1.33.087. Probably too slow LOL.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  20. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Mid 29's in the 1H on Endurance tires and 50Ltrs fuel - I think the Lancia will equal or better that time based on my own testing :)
    That said I still have to do some work on the Porsche to try and make it corner with out getting too loose when the tires get old, so I might go faster yet - 2H, 1N, Aero etc should be in the low 28's to mid 27's based on the testing here on the server