Automobilista Round 1 Brands Hatch GP

Discussion in 'NGM Touring Cars Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Password not working: I tried with caps and it works

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race pwd now set in lower case :D

4. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Sorry, work is keeping me out of simracing today... :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Again, thanks @Michael LaBelle for the fight. Driving wheel to wheel for a couple of turns without a collision is not easy. I knew passing you will be hard, and I needed a much better exit. And although I got that it is still required to have a competitor who sees you and gives you room.

To be honest I don't know what I should think about this mod. I did not struggle this much with the original Marcas Mod to keep the car on the road, we raced that in 2018 and as I check the result now, the pace was not much better in relation to Ken, Csaba or Jens. So the only achievement is that the next Gen Marcas are trickier to drive and that they want to sell as a Mitsubishi as VW :p

Somehow I felt that the car more unstable when I took new tires. In the quali session I had not clean lap, the fastest 38 included an excursion through the gravel trap. That was even worse in the first couple of laps, @Csaba Lako had probably the same problem, as he saved his car in turn one. I had not that much luck and spun around. Some laps later Csaba did run out of luck and crashed causing him to lose a wheel. At this point I was nearly envious of him, because he could stop, and I had to continue with this twitchy car.

But somehow with some more laps I got it, at this point I had more than a 30 sec gap to Michael. But I was able to shrink that down and pass him. I think my pace after passing him my pace was quite ok, not that far off in comparison to two leaders. I hope this gets better with a different track.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

This mod/track combo suited me rather well, had before the race tried the different cars a few laps and selected the one with better cockpit for my taste. Guess these are more or less the same since they all have the "NGM option" installed (if my memory stands correct here).

With stock setup (minor adjustment for tyre pressure) the pace was surprisingly good and got pole with less than 0.1 second margin to Ken who got second. Lost the pole in the start but after Ken did an minor mistake, I could overtake him and slowly build a gap and try to manage the tyres. Pace was solid over the race with only minor mistakes.

Pole, fastest lap and win at the first race, had a lot worse starts of a new championship, pressure is very much on for next race :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

(things only another admin would try :p)

• Funny Funny x 1