Round 1 Brands hatch

Discussion in 'ACC Tuesday Night GT4 Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

ROUND 1 GT4 2021.jpg
    Welcome to Round 1 of 2021's Tuesday Night racing !
    30 min sprint race !
    Live broadcast !
    Start type: Short formation lap/with widget
    Official Practice @ 19:00 GMT
    Quall @ 20:00 GMT (10 min)
    Race time 20:15 GMT
    Rules to Remember :
    If you make contact that cause's a spin or an off at any time during the race
    you must do a drive threw immediately on your next lap! (unless your able to wait for the car you hit and give the position back .)
    See all the Rules Here
    No mandatory Pit Stops !
    Random Weather !
    50 slot server !

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

err looking at your race announcement, does that rule about contact apply the whole race length or just lap1 (apart from the bit about waiting for anyone you nerfed) kind of rules out any close racing which this class thrives on o_O

4. Rob Milliken

Its all about knocking someone off … 1st lap is under a microscope for sure .. After that door to door banging that does not result in one driver knocking another off is ok ! This is not a new rule it's like it's always been just hammering it home to try and assure a clean start :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark Jones

Mark Jones Pro Driver

Arrrgggghhhh, sorry guys I kept losing connection in warm up and then end of Qually, no idea why as pc doesn't seem to have lost internet. Anyway it then lost connection again just before lights changed. Bit gutted to miss this one, hope it was fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

A puncture?! My first ever in 20yrs of sim racing :eek: and only 3 corners from the flipping chequered flag :mad:
    That race was actually a lot more fun than I anticipated. I was a bit blasé thinking I’d find them slow and dull but they move about a live thing! Problem was it’s the first time I’ve raced them and hadn’t had time for any practise other than 2 laps of each car to try them out. Decided to take the Ginetta and turned the TC off straight away :p
    Qualified in the top 10 despite all the quicker cars around me. Survived lap 1 on ice cold tyres and then pretty much enjoyed a race long fight for 7th/8th with BJ’s Aston. :)
    Around mid race I started to get left rear pressure warnings and had a spell where the tyres went right off and I could no longer fight off BJ and then Joel’s McLaren. :( A few laps later they came back to life and I put pressure back on Joel until he cracked at paddock. Then closed on BJ for last few laps until my tyre exploded at Dingle Dell and I spun off :(
    I rejoined and tried to trundle to the finish line but 4 other cars got past me :confused: Finished a cruel 12th.
    But good first experience and had fun sliding the Ginetta about :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Surprise for me, not an acc expert tho been stubborn and driving porsches..
    1h before race decided to give this car a go and it was boring and stable but result was little better than hoped for. I actually allmost unregistered for not having any time at all with this game. Good i didnt.
    At start was going to just follow @Tim Muttram and wait for 2nd half and if im still there, try to give him pressure and get him to do too big of a slide that way. Luckily for me, his pitcrew sux :)
    Then it was just matter of making 0 mistakes as guys behind cant pass if i dont mess it up. Such is the way of drivers with close pace with each other. Consistency and 0 mistakes usually gives the win 99/100.

Cheers all, not sure if im there for next one. have no clue about work :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Well, that started well and then went downhill rapidly...
    After taking Pole I ended qualifying with my wheel off center (Again - it did it in the Cayman series yesterday too), and was so busy trying to remedy that that I forgot to add my race fuel load and revert to a race setup. Added to which I still didn't fix the wheel.

As a result I had my overly tail happy Wazarati to contend with all race while having to consciously keep track of how far out my steering was all race (Sorry for some of the track limits Rob, I generally managed it but when the wheel moved I generally only found out when exiting corners).
    On the plus side though, the Waza seemed to be able to adjust for loss of grip by just flowing my slides more through the turns.
    It was very strange, I was lapping within tenths of my early pace on 11 litres even at the end of the race. I think it would be harder to attack/defend driving like this as the overall grip levels were down, but unchallanged I had no problems making pace.
    Maybe this is the one advantage that having no TC or ABS gives, as the car isn't designed to let computers help you out it has a much more compliant chassis - which suits me to the ground. Until it rains at least :D

For Laguna I'm going to take the A110 for a laugh - just because I can and it's the most out-of-place car I can think of for there :confused:
    Then it will be back to the Mazza with maybe a brief sojourn in the Cayman at some point to compare against it's AC counterpart, From memory the AC version is infinitely more fun..

• Like Like x 4
  9. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to all podium players and off course great thank you to admins for all our fun.
    Even though one is making PB by PB its never enough :D well they where small:D.
    Was a bit confused at the start when the "widget" moved around first I thought it was one line
    but thats only on a full lap ?? not on this short one ,sorry Mark and all the rest.
    Still happy with the out come off the race, couldn´t have done any thing better this time.:)
    See you in USA , its the only travel one could do those crazy times :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  10. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Indeed fun Mark and would have been going on for 30 min, just try to follow you as close as possible until you went off track.
    Maybe tyres where more fragile with the latest update, I had some pressure problem when practise in sp, and to hard on kerbs ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

although i had rather it hadnt happened to me, i am all for more mechanical reliability issues in sim-racing. I thought it was actually quite cool that its possible to puncture a tyre in ACC. Maybe i shouldnt have disabled that traction control and been less slidey :p but it felt great to have a modern car moving around like an old school racer.
    The Ginetta was however disapointing in the one corner it should have excelled at 'Druids'. May have been a setup issue as i didnt tweak much with so little time, but it was prettty agile everywhere else and likes to rev, but lacking the low down grunt/torque of the fleet of Astons in the race.o_O

Great action up front for 4th to 6th , just watched the replay :cool:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

oh its you!! i just wanted to say thank you for the little battle we had (i was the black and purple mclaren), i hope my move wasnt TOO aggressive ;)

then i cocked up and made a mistake :((

STILL!! good battle Mark :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Well that was my very first race at ACC and also a very first race with a wheel (g27). I was so so nervous i dodnt want to ruin everyone's race because i know i was not so fast as the guys in front.. Actually was at least 2,5 seconds behind at race pace with zero experience to race with a wheel (i was racing wit a pad so far) and zero experience at ACC.. Still trying to learn how to drive, how to navigate the menus, how to do a setup, i didnt even know how to enter at the online server..
    Somehow i manage to get in thanks to Rob, and starting to do some practice with the Aston Martin (i also did some offline practice with this car the previous day trying to find some balance). My best laps was around low 36 - 35 when Tim was lapping low 32 with the Maze.. without abs and traction.. Toni the same.. Pfff i need a lot more practice for sure..

Anyways.. Quali for me was good i can say, i was 11th i think with low fuel and then comes the race.. I didnt know how much fuel to add ( as i said i am still searching the game i dont even know how to calculate the fuel consumption) so i did put about 85 liters to be safe.. lol. At second corner after the start a McLaren in front of me breaked heavily and i hit him from behind, thankfully the guy could manage to continue (I think was Joel) and i hope i didnt ruin his race.. My bad Joel i am sorry about that :( . After that i was racing alone because of my poor race pace and my mistakes.. After 15 minutes i saw Tim was behind me and was in big surprise because i thought he was lapping me.. I was in my own world because of my nervous i was feeling like a fish out of the water lol and my first thought was.. "WTF? How its possible Tim lapping me, is he lapping at 1:28??!! :O"

After the race i still believed Tim won the race and congratsulated him for the victory but then i realized that he did a pit stop and found himself behind me.. Lol i felt like an idiot.. :p
    Congrats to Toni for victory and to podium finishers and of course all the guys who raced and Eike for his great commentary...

Last some thoughts.. I realize, i can be more consistency with a wheel.. by far.. I also can be faster with more practice..
    I need a bigger wheel for my logitech, i feel weird with the small one that it haves..
    My custom brake mod it works like a charm, i get a much better feedback compared with the basic brake of g27..
    I also need a better and heavier table to put the wheel on, that one i have now is a completely crap.. I have a lot of work to do..
    To be continued - Sorry for my big post but i wanted to share my thoughts with all you :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

you did give me a little tap of my behind (didnt know you liked it so much ;)) in all seriousness it didnt ruin my race! although in the moment i remember thinking "why did he try brake so late everyone is bunched up" my tip is to try be carefull on the first lap, as everyone will be trying to find their bit of tarmac, but dont be afraid to be aggressive, as long as you dont divembomb down the inside from MILES back people usually (in SRO its a ALWAYS) give room and i find passing is a two player game, the attacker and the defender working together to get the pass done saftely

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Generally satisfied with yesterday's race, my first online in ACC. The few previous attempts (offline) with ACC had given me the impression of being far off the pace in this sim so I was expecting being pretty slow when tested online against the always very competitive SRO field.
    I actually started doing 1:35s for a good half an hour in practice, which confirmed my fears, and wasn't happy with the balance of the car so I started to engage with the setup of the Aston Martin and, to my surprise, pace was improving beyond the few tens into the seconds and, eventually, down to mid 32s (all in the last 10mins of practice). That gave me some momentum into qualy but didn't manage my distances with cars in front and had to slow down in the lap I was doing low 32s... It would have been shocking ending that close to pole...
    The race went generally alright. I was on my "beginners" caution mode when close fighting which removed a bit of an edge (fine by me for a first race) and made a few silly mistakes in Padock Hill that prevented me from consolidating on the gains I had made earlier in the race. Nice battles with @Taner Selvi and @Simone Meazza and looking forward to the fantastic (although specially challenging for me) Laguna Seca.
    Congrats to the podium and thanks to Elik and Rob for putting this together.
    As always, I leave the video of the race from my angle here: Enjoy!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Actually i didnt expect you to slow down so much, you almost stop thats why i missed my brake.. If you could hear me that moment you would listen me to say "Oh ****.." lol.. I am trying to be as much clean as i can and i am trying to give all the space it needs specially to the guys they are faster than me.. Believe me at next races i will much better and much careful on this :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2021
  17. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

you were alright! i must have overslowed when i tried a move down the inside

• Like Like x 1
  18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

@Vasilis Doumanas You did great as first timer, behaviour on track and so on. happy to have you onboard with us and keep at it!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1