Round 1 Brands hatch

Discussion in 'Tuesday Night ACC Porsche Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

PCC1A.jpg Registration

Round 1 @ brands !
    For this round we are testing the Practice grip levels by having P1 on day 2 @ 12 noon to 2 pm / then Q starts at 2pm (in game times)
    weather randomness is set to 2 !
    Short form lap 30 min sprints /no mandatory pit stops .
    New for this series
    Reverse grids !
    Round 1 will use the normal q session then all the following rounds will have top 12 reversed !
    13th through the rest - will be in the order they finished !

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  2. Rob Milliken

Anyone have any set up tips for this car ? ..It seems to plow a bit with default ...:D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  3. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

Race Day PW set on the champ page !
    Good luck all ! cant wait for the broadcast !

4. What is the ideal pressure for this car's tires, still 27.5?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Live broadcast link

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

OMG that was awful! Not even close to good lap in qual. Everytime when I was running good the was slow car ahead. Then in race start I found new bounce in fourth corner and the car got out of control like a missile. Sorry for that guy who I kill there because of that! After that I had some damage, but continued race. Couple laps and tried to overtake two slow cars and they crashed and hitted me. Car was so damaged that no reason continue race anymore. There always seems to be something going on when I race here. Fortunately, I don’t practice at all because they would be wasted.

7. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

That was me who you killed Henri but actually, I'm still alive. Those two slow cars that you also tried to pass, I actually killed you on that same corner you killed me. Not on purpose though. Strange how things happen. ;)

I had fun racing in the back. Racing Rob was fun. Figured I'd come in this race knowing something might happen so I didn't keep my hopes up lol. Either way, it's all for fun and respect of other drivers. :cool:

Grats to the winner and podium!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I can't wait to watch the "live". This morning I visited the barber shop after 3 weeks preparing for some nice foreground ;) (WfH, so I was like a caveman :))

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Had to go to work .sorry missed it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I really enjoyed that!
    I only joined at the last minute on a whim, will be doing my best to make the remainder of the series now (will hopefully be quicker with some actual practice/setup work under my belt).

I was having a fantastic battle for 4th with (Simon?) until I put a wheel into the dirt exiting Sheenes' and span, (very glad I didn't collect anyone in that off) I rejoined in 12th and had a blast fighting back up the pack - think I ended up in 6th or 7th behind Jonzo.

My favourite move had to be throwing the dummy move at Mark Jones into Clark and forcing his poor exit - even if I did nearly out-brake myself while covering into Druids :D

Well done to Gavino, Matteo and Jeffrey on the podium, bring on South Africa and some more chaos!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Was Jeffrey, you, me, with Simon closing up behind.

I got lucky twice in that race, or maybe it was just my driving skill :p:p jk

Congrats to the podium, those two guys up front were quick :eek: and what is worse, they both start directly behind me in Kyalami :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Wow! That was close! :oops:
    In the first instance I'd moved over to give you more room when the car ahead lost it - looking at the replay I guess you hadn't realised as you barely shifted!

13. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

Great result for the VDA team at Brands!
    Gavino worked a bit to setup this car in a proper way, and we had a couple of evening with some funny battles on the track in the days before the race, so we were pretty ready for this one.

In my last quali lap I had the chance to gain the pole, but the second sector was not so good, so I finished 1.4 tenths behind Gavino.
    During the first lap of the race I defended the inside at the bend, and then I was alone until the checkered flag, trying to keep Gavino's pace, that was really an hard work.

I'm happy for the final gap by him in terms of time, considering that I had to push a lot to keep that pace without making quite any mistake is not bad. Now starts the reverse grid action, and I'm curious to see what kyalami will reserve to us in the middle of the pack, as it's a really difficult track to make an overtake.

Grats to Jeff for the podium. Happy to read that Tim will join the rest of the champ

See you for the next

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Had a poor qually, always catching slower traffic and fubaring my lap and when i did finally get some clean runs the car went around on me at dingle dell twice! Was at least half a sec up at that point so wasted opportunity to move up the grid.:( qualified 11th i think.
    Got a good clean race start and enjoyed the spectacle of 25 cup cars heading into Paddock hill, all clean and tidy from what i saw. Passed a few cars having incidents in the first 15mins and Had a great fight for 7th with M.Jones for a long while putting him under pressure until he ran wide at Surtees. I was slowly closing on Simon for 5th towards the end but not able to put him under any pressure before race ended. The last 5-10mins i seemed to be hanging onto my tyres around the back of the circuit and was keeping an eye on the changing weather, which thankfully held off drizzling until the last lap. Finished 6th :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  15. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Nope, didn't realise. I was just fixed on Henri's car to see if and when it was going to come back across the track.:oops: