rFactor 2 Round 1 Brianza 1966 10K / Sun Sept 15, 2019

Discussion in 'The DNF S3-Howston Dissenter 1974 Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 5, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to Brianza 1966 10K
    (Autodromo Nazionale Monza)

[​IMG]

The Autodromo Nazionale Monza is a historic race track located near the city of Monza, north of Milan, in Italy. Built in 1922, it is the world's third purpose-built motor racing circuit after those of Brooklands and Indianapolis. The circuit's biggest event is the Formula One Italian Grand Prix. With the exception of 1980, the race has been hosted there since the series's inception.

******************************************************************************************

If you haven't tried the Howston Dissenter 1974 on the 10 kilometer circuit of Monza, then you don't know what you've missed. The car feels very much alive and you really feel like you're driving a car at it's core.

Demo race at Monza full course

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  2. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

at the pit exit, the IA takes the right lane towards the ring which involves making 1 lap and a half before launching the clock.
    should we do the same?
    and for the stops in the race how is it going, we will have to cut a track either at the entrance or at the exit?

3. John vd Geest

First question: that is just for getting on track and starting the outlap in practise. The race itself starts of course at the start / finish line.
    There is no formation lap, so when we start the race the lap time begins where it should.

Second question: you can not cut the track when pitting. There is a steel barrier on the left side all along the pitlane. Just like any other track, you enter and exit at the beginning and end, because there's no other way to do it. So it's all good :)

4. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

I did not intend to jump the barriers :rolleyes:
    it's just the two tracks parallel to the stands that were confusing me, but looking at the layout, it's all good :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

The fun thing with the 10 K layout is that both straights run side by side (the pit straight and the main straight). So it can happen that you are running side by side with other cars in sector 1 and sector 2. Then 1 car goes on to the banking and 1 car goes to Curva Grande That is a cool thing to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Just to be aware it is only 1/2 a lap you need to do (the banking section) before triggering the timer on an outlap.

7. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I saw that the practice server is online on the website, however I cannot find it in the launcher.
    Is it not up or what query can I use to find it?

8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Type SRO in to the search bar at the top of the page in multiplayer.

rf2 online.jpg

9. Gert-Jan van Osch

Thx, I did that before but it did not show. Retried it and it showed up.

10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Something odd happens with triggering the timer. Sometimes it triggers and other times it doesn't. Anyone else?

11. John vd Geest

On the server or off-line?
    On the server I didn't have any problems with it.

12. John vd Geest

It's a shame that people are afraid of this car. Once you get used to it's character, it's not difficult at all. It's actually a very rewarding and awesome car.
    People are missing out. This is truly a sim and that's what I'm here for.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Johnny Gutierrez

On the server. Sometimes it tracks my time, other times it doesn't. I must be doing something wrong.

14. Gert-Jan van Osch

I see that happening too. Sometimes the timer starts after half a lap sometimes one and a half lap. I expect it has something to do how close you are to the outer lane when you exit the pit.

15. Gert-Jan van Osch

I did a few laps on the server yesterday and voting to restart weekend did not seem to do anything. (Caitlin Penny was also practicing and I think the same happened with him.)

16. Gert-Jan van Osch

It is a beast you have to tame. I think a lot of peaple are used to drive open wheelers with rear engine and a lot of aero. This ca has completely different handling characteristics.

17. John vd Geest

It's not a high downforce car, that's for sure LOL.

18. John vd Geest

Does that only happen on your first flying lap?

19. Johnny Gutierrez

No. Sometimes I'm doing a few laps and let's say on the third lap for example, it stops timing me. Head scratcher lol.

20. Johnny Gutierrez

I believe so. I guess you have to be pretty close to the right side wall I'm thinking.