rFactor 2 Round 1 Castle Combe Modern

Discussion in 'Historic BMW 2002 Tii Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

came late home, installed mod and track and straight to Q.
    went bad.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I've lost count how many times I've done that Toni. Then the question I ask myself after the race would be, why did I do that lol.

Grats to Will for the win, podium and all racers. Will was just looking way to pretty. Turning this way correctly, turning that way correctly. It was disgusting. So I lost it and hit the barrier. I couldn't take how clean and patient he was behind me. What's this world coming to.

Had a great time with Caitlin. Thought about making a move but held off. First race of the year, had to be clean and fun and that's what Caitlin delivered. Thank you for the race Caitlin. It was awesome. Couldn't have had it better.

Edit: Apologies to the back markers for coming in so fast and overtaking. I know in the mirror the car looks like a few cars behind but then, bam, it's right their. Mirrors always make it seem like the vehicle is further behind.

On to the next race amigos.

Johnny,

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Ken Jagger

I figured it must've been something like that Toni, as you seemed to be a bit at sea with the car from what I saw. I'm 200% sure it will be different at the next race:)

5. Ken Jagger

The results file shows some interesting and different times for the in & out laps when guys made their pit-stops. So who took tyres and how many?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Saw that Ken. I thought Caitlin had a good one until I saw yours. I think we 3 were the only to go just rears? (in top 7 anyway) I did a couple practice pits but wow I was slowwww:eek:

edit; Just remembered, a slower car went in just in front of me.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Man, I really missed how flat spots feel like in rf2. :D
    I think this was my first proper rf2 race in two years, and I needed a while to get a grip on it. I think it should be working now, the second stint was already on pace. I could keep Scott behind me, although that only meant I saw now blue flag :oops: Scott you pushed me to chase Ken, although he likely had tire problems?
    Regarding your question Ken, I took four new tires and repaired the damage to my car. However, I aborted the repairs because I saw that Ed would have passed me soon. Probably my in-lap was also too careful. So I lost a lot of time in the pits.

So it was the right decision to save at least some time, but I have to try to change only the rears, too.

8. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I don't wanna say :p
    I do think it had a big effect on the way the race played out though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Could be some tight fun next round!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Johnny Gutierrez

I took five tires. One on each corner and for some reason I changed the spare. AND I still only had 6% percent on the left rear and still had a few laps to do so I had to ease off the gas. Finished the race with I believe 1% left. Scratching my head.

11. Johnny Gutierrez

Your telling me :D. My words were, "we'll look who's behind me.". A few seconds later. "Wait, she can't pass me in the pits, wait!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Ken Jagger

No that was my mistake, as I thought I could manage them for the full distance so didn't take tyres, only fuel. Big mistake as they went away big time in the final 10 mins :eek:

13. Caitlin Penny

There's a spare tyre? XD

14. Caitlin Penny

I actually jumped Will too, but he was just too quick to hold off! It was great fun to lead a few laps though, especially since I knew I didn't have the pace to do it in a straight fight.

• Like Like x 1