Project Cars 2 Round 1 COTA

Discussion in 'Global Endurance Classic Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The race server will be setup at 13:00 GMT on Sunday.

2. Ken Jagger

My first real experience with PC2 other than running a few odd laps here and there and it looks like it will be quite a challenge in many areas. I'm still not sure I've got my wheel setup right and I didn't get on well with the default setup for the LMP900 BMW, which needed a lot of changes for it to get anywhere drive-able for both me and this track.
    Oddly the Ford GTE felt pretty good out of the box, which makes it more puzzling. :confused:

3. Ken Jagger

For this series we will be using the SRO TeamSpeak PC2 channel if you want to join us. :)

4. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Is the server up? Only one server seems that is << simracingonline brands hatch>> : /

5. Ken Jagger

6. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I’m very sorry, I was out this afternoon at work at got the times mixed up. Thought it was slightly later.

If you want to kick me out that’s fine, otherwise I’ll see you at the next one.

@Ken Jagger there’s a good YouTube video of the lmp900s and what the reviewer felt of each one. Admittedly it’s console rather than pc but in my view it did help.

He felt the Audi was the most stable and easy to drive fast. The Toyota I think he said was the most evil.

The 333SP is the slowest by about two seconds a lap, however I’m probably still gonna drive it anyway. Haha.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

9. ii also cant't find the server
    how can i join the teamspeak Ken?

10. Ken Jagger

Sorry my mistake the server name is SR Classic

11. Ken Jagger

12. Ken Jagger

The race is now only 60 mins due to low turnout.

13. Very weird...
    After qualy i dindn't be abble to join the race...
    Only on "spectate" mod.
    I have the a rank of U1500, so that's not the problem?
    Any sugestions?

14. Ken Jagger

Did you click on READY when in Warmup?

15. Ken Jagger

So this was my first Voyage of Discovery with PC2 as an Admin, so apologies for any issues that arose out of my unfamiliarity at this stage.

With only five of the entries turning up and me being the only one in LMP900 5 mins before Qualifying, I elected to switch to the GTE class and with everyone's agreement the race distance was reduced to 60 mins. I saw Andre join when Qualifying had just started, so he hadn't been involved in the pre-race chat about switching classes. Let this be an example for all to not turn up that late in future.

Having only done a few laps in GTE I expected to be running at the back, but was ok with that as it was my first experience in a PC2 race. Surprisingly I improved my previous PB by 2.5 secs and grabbed 2nd which was very lucky with Ed & Roger not reaching their own previous PB's of 1.08's. The inbuilt Rolling Start was another new experience, but again it all adds to the bank of information about the sim and how it works. I seemed to be very slowly edging away from Ed/Roger until the first kerb in the esses decided to teach me a lesson and swung me into the barriers, damaging the steering and dropping me behind both of them. I thought about stopping to fix the now very off-centre steering wheel, but figured as I was at the back anyway, I might as well continue and gain some knowledge of how the car behaved in that condition. I was 3+ secs of my typical lap times, but got used to the asymmetric handling between left/right turns, so plugged on to the bitter end. :D

An interesting first race and one which I'm happy to continue with. A shame 4-5 didn't turn up or unregister but that's par for the course I suppose. Grats to Taner on his strong performance and win. :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry I was not there Ken, I've had computer problems all weekend.
    I originally thought it was the rF2 update but then PC2 would not run either, turns out it was my graphics driver update, so I've rolled back the driver and things are running fine now, appologies for not unregistering or showing up.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I can admit that so many component to adjust in the garage of PC2. Not very simular to RF2. It is a really big forrest to discover. When you find the base setup, then you just tune it up.
    I believe PC2 deserves much more racer. But I think people are a bit away from PC2 because of the developer does not update small issues even. Well, hope next time, we will see more racer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I have to check it next race.
    Also i have to solve my problems with my micro. I hear you in TS but i was enable to talk...

19. Ken Jagger

The results for the race have now finally been posted, but apologies for them not showing any lap times. This was due to my error in the way I setup the server which shouldn't happen in future.