Automobilista 2 Round 1 Daytona Rd.

Discussion in 'USA GTE Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

AMS2 R1.jpg
    Registration

The practice server is up!

server name: SRO simracingonline.co.uk
    Use the default password until race day!

For Round 1 we will be using the manual formation lap!
    This means we will not launch on the in-game green!
    When the timer counts down and we get the green lights the pole sitter will lead the pack in a manual formation lap at approx 100 kph.

From the rules & reg's

1.4. Procedure - Manual Formation Lap - Single file
    Once all drivers are on the grid the timer automatically expires and the starting lights will go green, signifying the beginning of the Manual Formation Lap, Maximum speed of the formation lap will be given by the race admin. During this lap, all cars should maintain a safe speed in single-file order for the entire lap. Use this time to heat the tires, and be aware that other drivers will be weaving and slowing. The top qualifier may accelerate at the final turn to officially start the race.

If you accidentally spin out or wreck on the manual formation lap, you MUST line up at the rear of the field. Please do not pass other cars to re-take your qualified position.

Event manual formation modification
    For Daytona, the race will begin after the bus stop on the back stretch!
    The pole-sitter will lead the pack through sectors 1 & 2 then when we hit the oval part of the track the race will begin at the exit of the bus stop chicane!
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.09.09 - 00.48.06.41.png

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

Race Day PW set on the Champ page
    the server will restart at 18:00 admin must be the first to join.
    the race is 60 min plus 1 lap.

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I downloaded a setup from Time trail and blew my engine in the race.
    I was set for a hotlap. Serves me right for not checking it for race trim :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Rob Milliken

The next update came out as we raced! go figure..:rolleyes:
    I feel bad for those who had server issues :mad::(.. we had a great turnout only to have some not be able to race ..Im gutted for this and very sory , frikin AMS2/ PC2 MP code is shaky at best ..o_O
    I forgot to add fuel after Q so had about 6 laps worth lol ..Had fun trying to keep my pace up but was a long lonely race for me lol.
    Congrats to Taner in the Vett! un touchable! & grats to Zsolt & Szilard for the podium! well done guys!
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.10.02 - 14.00.32.67.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Zsolt Csók

Zsolt Csók Pro Driver

Radiator must have been fully closed I suppose.... Typical TT trick. Good for one lap only.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

It did indeed have fuel for only 1 lap. I just filed her up ... good point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Results have been posted, To the players that got disconnected, If you made the Q session you got placed in the results, We did not give you guys DNF's as you don't deserve that as well, as it was not your fault lol, also we used your q times to set your finishing order..
    For that matter, we did not give any DNFs, if you Q'd or Raced you placed..:D

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

It was my first time using AMS 2 and to be honest I found it a bit of a struggle getting used to it after playing mostly PC2, I downloaded it the day of the race and set it up just to do the race, which I did enjoy but felt I was way of the pace, However it was good fun and for me the multi player side of it worked with no problems.
    I seem to really struggle on the brakes in this sim as the car just swings around on you at the last moment which i find different to the other sims, more practice needed i think.
    Thanks to Rob for the work,:) and everyone for good fun clean racing:)

9. John vd Geest

So did I. Some guys came shooting out of the chicane like a rocket. They were a good bit behind me first and then after the chicane I was being overtaken ....

I have to get used to this sim as well. I'm mostly used to rF2 physics but this is different. I have to try out some setups to get it to my liking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

After the race the oct update with Monza DLC was downloaded, I was setting up the server for round 2 @ Laguna Seca and to my surprise, the car, same car I raced at Daytona the Porscha, felt completely different, I mean it felt a lot better! lol it was amazing lol. I was just checking the server to be sure it's set proper & found myself doing lap after lap & did not want to stop lol .. read me says they did make some psyx changes ? The steering felt a lot better & that weird camber spring-like feel PC2 has when you turn the wheel a bit to much was gone ..:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. John vd Geest

That's good news then ...

12. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi All,
    It was a challenging race for me but good fun. Thanks @Rob Milliken for organising.
    I don't have much time to practice these days and the setup was standard, very regular and slow... That kept my pace far from the podium positions but I still had good fun. I think I was to blame in the early race incident with @Balazs Flossmann when defending at the straight before the chicane. Lost a few position whilst waiting his recovery (and giving another position as I wasn't sure what car I was waiting for!) but got back again in the chase with the standard, noncompetitive but safe setup...
    I hate making that mistake (only serious one in the hour race) in the last part of the race that gave @Szilárd Halászi such an easy run for the overtake. It would have happened anyway (most likely) but not great in that way...
    Other than that, sorry about @John vd Geest newby mistake (that prevented us from our usual battling :D) and looking forward to the round in Laguna Seca (always a difficult track for me...) We'll see.
    Video of the race here as usual:

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

No problem mate, you just listened to CrewChief...-defend position, don't let him through- in the video at 8.50... LoL
    Next time be careful...all good now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  14. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Indeed, my CrewChief is generally pretty good at picking up when to alert me of a car already at the side. I wonder if it is struggling in AMS2 with the references. In any case, it was very tight and I should have kept my line. Sorry for that.

15. John vd Geest

Oh, I like Laguna Seca but I have to get used to the Porsche physics. Rob said there was an update after our first race. Maybe it will click now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

How is AMS2 nowadays? A match for ACC yet?

17. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Not that much but it is ok If you liked PC2.

18. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

In my view, AMS2 is much better than PC2 even if they share the same graphic engine. I would say AMS2 and ACC are in a similar level (once you set everything up correctly)...
    Jos

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. John vd Geest

Totally agree. AMS2 really improved on PC2. They turned it into a real racehorse making it much better than PC2 ever was.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Yes, I always point that AMS2=PC2.5 which is not to say bad about it. But sorry Jos and John, cannot put in the same league with ACC but AC. Much more way to go for AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1