Assetto Corsa Round 1 Donington Park National

Discussion in 'Lancia Fulvia HF S1 Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Same here as yesterday, i can not race. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Really? I thought we pass the "I win the race in T1" phase

4. James Bird

James Bird Pro Driver

Really sorry guys, I had pedal failure :(.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Right I went to test the tyres in another car and no matter which car I selected the tyre was Slick 70s (S). So I am unsure what is going on. The only thing I can think of is the mods I have downloaded has overwritten a tyre file somewhere. However I would have thought this would come up as a file mismatch when I entered the server. Maybe AC is no good at detected this. I shall use AC Content manager to disable all my mods and then I'll re-install the Lancia mod and see whether that solves this issues.

Ken I don't mind taking a penalty if you think that one should be applied it won't take away what a great race I had with Louis but I certainly don't want to win races with an unfair advantage. Thanks

Louis that was an epic fight. Very tight and we gave each other enough space. Sorry about the knock into T1 somewhere in the middle of the race. I was trying the undercut but didn't quite get my timing right. Apart from the backmarker who shall remain nameless I thought it was one of the best AC races I've had. If we sort out the tyre issue this maybe the only fight we have this series. :)

6. Ken Jagger

Wondered what happened James as I tried to go around you when the lights went green.

7. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Didn't have a time to make set up even near right. I make some "panic" chances just before start and those worked well...for 3 laps, after that car went pretty much undriveble. Last time I drove Fulvia with GTL and there was way more traction then, I also noticed that car status screen was bit crazy ,is it just me or is this mod bit unfinished or sumthing?

8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Right I have fixed it. I just reinstalled the mod. Looks like I may have been running with an older version. I'm amazed and a bit worried that AC didn't chuck me off as soon as I entered the server dues to a file mismatch.

I ran half a dozen laps on the default settings with no changes. I ran a 1:21.4 fastest and probably averaged 1:21.5. This however wouldn't reflect my true pace as I would have made changes to the setup and done more testing. That said it wouldn't have been the pace I had with the soft tyres.

So this result shouldn't stand. Louis is the victor. What you do about applying a penalty is up to you Ken.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

I've also done some checking.
    There is only one set of car files which are used by all the different skins, so it's not as if there different folder for each car's physics etc.

Did you DL the mod from SRO or did you already have it installed previously? Our DL file is actually v1.5 even though it states it is v1.0? I'll change that label to correct it.

EDIT I see you found the problem in your post above whilst I was typing this :).

10. Ken Jagger

A bit of an unusual situation this one and certainly not one that was the result of some obscure, intentional manipulation of flaws with AC. However from Paul's own testing there was a clear advantage in him running the different tyres, so taking this into consideration along with his own personal feelings about it, I have adjusted the results by allocating him a 10 sec penalty added to his overall race time, which means he placed 2nd rather than 1st and Louis is now the winner of this 1st round of the series.

This is a good reminder to all members to make sure they are running the track and car mods listed on the race page for each event we hold, before joining the server.

11. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I've been thinking about this and your decision is probably final but I think the fairer thing to do here is to DQ me. As you say it's our responsibility to ensure we have the correct version of the mod downloaded. It just seems unfair to everyone else to give me 2nd when I may not have finished in this position on the correct tyres. Sorry guys it's a bit of a mess. If your decision is final Ken then fine but I really don't mind being DQ.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  12. Ken Jagger

I think something went seriously wrong with AC timing on the final lap for this to be a true lap-time o_O. I'll have to make an amendment in our database to fix this.

Lancia Fulvia S1 Donington Fastest Lap.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Obviously he found the qualifying tyres :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dionysis Faraos

Dionysis Faraos Pro Driver

The last lap isn't legit, I thought the race was over and i went to the grass a few times

15. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I think it was a good race for me in consistency point of view, somehow i could manage to do laps at 1:22 - 1:23, so can say i am getting a bit better at this.. I have to mention of course that the FW cars are much more easier to handle them with a joypad than the RW cars, thats why i did only a couple of mistakes at the whole race.. Evan that, i couldn't feel my both hands after the race and that's a proof of how difficult was to handle this car.. Massive understeer at full throthle, it needs very gentle moves at wheel, breaking and throttle for being fast from my point of view of course...
    At the start tried to avoid James car, i found myself off the grass, i rejoined the track without hitting or punting someone but i got ...sandwiched by two cars. I was holding my line but the car at my left didnt hold it's line, hitted me, then i hit the car at my right and finally i got hitted from behind.. The result? Me, out of the track and once again last.. That moment i felt like a ping pong ball lol and i was laughing, somehow it was funny as it happened :p After that i tried to do some clear laps, focusing to be stable at my times and i believe i did a good job at this and i finish fifth..
    I liked the race much and looking forward for the next races to come :)
    Congrats to winner and podium finishers and of course to all guys who raced.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Somehow server didnt ban your lap Dionysis and it looks like that your lap time was made with a spaceship lol.. :p You were almost 15 seconds ahead of me, why you pitted?

17. Dionysis Faraos

Dionysis Faraos Pro Driver

I didn't put enough fuel

18. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Get yourself this excellent app for AC. It will calculate the fuel you need dependent on the time of race. Avoids all that complex theoretical mathematics that even Dr Brian Cox couldn't get his head around ;)
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cbv-fuel-calc.30852/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Helder Carvalho

Helder Carvalho Pro Driver

GOOD, pilots who cut their way and take advantage of it to discuss positions !! and are not penalized ??? I have been really unlucky, as in Donington Park in the rfactor I was highly damaged by my countryman. But what can I do, NOTHING. Just thank Ken Jagger.

20. Ken Jagger

Helder I'm not sure what you are saying? Maybe it got lost in the translation to English?