Round 1 Eifel Sudstrecke

Discussion in 'GPL Mclaren M2B Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 23, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to Round 1 Eifel Südstrecke

Please contact me for track download information !!

The Eifel Südstrecke or Südschleife (south loop) was a German motor racing circuit which was built at the same time as the world-famous Nürburgring Nordschleife (north loop). These two layouts were joined together by the Start und Ziel (start/finish) area and could therefore be driven as one track that was over 28 kilometres (17 mi) long.

Opened in 1927, the Südschleife was rarely used after the Nordschleife was rebuilt and updated in 1970 and 1971 and was finally destroyed by the building of the current Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit in the early 1980s. Today only small sections of the original track remain.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

I'll be setting up a practice server which will be up as many CET evenings as possible starting today. I'll probably start out with the Sudstrecke but might rotate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

what is the server called Louis

4. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Sorry, I hadn’t opened it yet today.
    It’s called
    SRO M2B Challenge - Practice by Louis
    (and is open now!)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Thanks to tip from Karl Steeg over on the Porsche 718 Spyder RS Classic Tour thread, I've been messing about with graphic settings and options in the Post-Processing Effects section. The changes I've made to date are very much more to my liking for a dash around the Sudschleife. Now I can actually see where I'm going! :)
    Looking forward to the series. Thanks for organizing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Official Servers up ~

• Like Like x 2
  7. Martyn McClune

hey
    Im getting checksum error when trying to join . have redownloaded and still not getting in

8. John vd Geest

I just checked the server and it works correctly. You are not having something installed.
    Possible solutions:
    Do you have the track installed?
    Do you have the correct mod version from our download section, containing the bonus car Mclaren M2B?
    Did you install the skinpack, located in the thread "Skin pack download"?

9. Martyn McClune

Ah ok will do
    Thanks

10. Martyn McClune

Where di i install skins to

11. John vd Geest

Install the skin pack here:
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\gpl66_mclaren_m2b\skins

12. Martyn McClune

done just checking car mod

13. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

I'm away from home earlier in the day on vital medical business and it may boil down to a 50/50 chance of my making it back in time for the start. Fingers X'd.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

Gents, I won't probably be able to race just because I can't download the car package. Tried more than 10 times, the download always fails around halfway to the end.

EDIT: I downloaded the package from other sources, but there's no time for me to learn the track and the car anymore, 2:16 AM here now.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  15. Rob Milliken

16. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

For those interested, the race will be broadcasted here!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dionysis Faraos

Dionysis Faraos Pro Driver

I get a download error at around 80% when downloading the gp67 mod, not sure if i'll make the race.

18. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm really sorry @Rob Milliken. Looks like this series is to late for me. I will unregister now to reduce the future damage.

19. Rob Milliken

LOL no Flaviu it was not all your fault ! There was carnage ! :D I got stuck in the fence and could not get the car out .. But I agree this series requires a lot of practice time of witch I don't have so I'm out as well .. Make sure if you unregister that you wait until after the results are processed ! :) otherwise it throws an error ..:rolleyes:;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

Unfortunately I lost the connection.
    The race was beautiful up to that point, with an intense battle with John, and then also Louis.
    Nice win for Tim and congratulations to all who have finished a race such difficult !

About my connection issues, I had same trouble during race on the Nurburgring (AC track) with Porsche 718. Maybe the Ring hates me as I hate it. :)
    Jokes aside, could it be a problem due to my PC too old for long tracks? I noticed that both disconnections occurred near the S/F straight. I hope I don't have this problem anymore. :(

• Agree Agree x 1