Automobilista Round 1 Enna Pergusa Post race comments

Discussion in 'Porsche 911 RSR Historic Closed' started by Philipp Pichler, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I have no clue why the race thread is closed, maybe a mistake? Anyway, I hope it is no problem to open a new one.

It was a surprise for me that I was able to secure the pole position, which is still something special for me. Under normal circumstance I would say Paul, Ken or Flaviu faster or as least closer.
    Before the start I was a bit nervous and it was bound to happen, I jumped the start. It did not come from nowhere, because the lights were confusing. (See my onboard in the vid) The green light is shown, but the start is not freed until the green light goes out. The HUD showed still red so that mistake was silly.
    I hope Flaviu that it was not my fault, which made you do the same, but if it was, I am sorry.

The race after my 10 sec Stop and Go was difficult first of all. Lost more time due another mistake but form that moment on, I gave everything. I tried to put one quali lap to the next on the asphalt and drove nearly flawless until the checkered flag. I cannot remind myself to something similar, because I was pushing but I was feeling comfortable all the way. Did not destroyed my tyres or force the issue too much on track limits.

I think after that I need a rest but before I summed the race up as a video

See you next week.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hi,
    It was only my fault Philipp (I just try to follow you ;)).
    Sorry to all for my rage quit. It was a little to much for me (jump start, qualy tyres, a big mistake after second pit stop) so I cracked.
    I'm having a lot of frustration IRL this days, so I didn't handle right this one in Sim Life. My apologize to all of you.
    WD podium, and congratulation Phiipp for the win.
    I hope to be able to race next week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Hardly did any practice for this and it showed. My pace was up to 4 seconds a lap off Philipp's pace. In the race I ran in 2nd place for most of the race but I noticed the freight train that was Philipp coming up behind me. His pace made it so that I didn't even bother defending my position there was no point. Wouldn't have had a chance to anyway as he sped past me and soon disappeared. Finished 3rd or so I thought. A look at the timing screen at the end had me in 2nd. Ken had got a penalty for exceeding track limits. I had 2 strikes against me and thought it was 3 strikes and you're out (or penalty) . From lap 2 I had 2 strikes against me so it was always in the back of my mind that the next one and I was going to get a penalty. Turns out it was 5 strikes and you're out. Ended up with 3 strikes by the end of the race. Would have been nice to know this from the start. Can we please have the server settings such as this specified in the race event page? Would be a nice feature. The track limits were way too harsh here as you got strikes even with 2 wheels still on the circuit. Kind of spoiled what is an excellent track. I guess this can't be changed unless you can set the penalty settings to None. Something to think about if this track is again.

Well done Phillipp you drove superbly well :)
    Well done Ken for 3rd but commiserations for losing 2nd you deserved it. The track limits were too harsh here. I suspect you'll find you had 2 wheels on the circuit in all 5 cases :(

Great cars should be fun at Surfers Paradise. I've noticed that you can drive through all of the tyre walls here. Track limits will not be a problem there :)

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes I should have notified members that since we were getting many complaints about track cut warnings, due to wonky track mods, I increased the cut limit to 5 from 3 before a penalty is given. This is now standard for all rF2 races.

• Like Like x 1