rFactor 2 Round 1 Fuji Speedway - Sun Apr 4, 2021

Discussion in 'Super GT500 & S397 GT3 Asian Region Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-2-8_15-39-19.png

Welcome to Round 1 Fuji Speedway

Fuji Speedway Fuji Supīdowei) is a motorsport race track standing in the foothills of Mount Fuji, in Oyama, Suntō District, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. It was built in the early 1960s. In the 1980s, Fuji Speedway was used for the FIA World Sportscar Championship and national racing. Originally managed by Mitsubishi Estate Co., Fuji Speedway was acquired by Toyota Motor Corporation in 2000. The circuit hosted the Formula One Japanese Grand Prix in 2007 after an absence of nearly 30 years, replacing the Suzuka Circuit owned by Honda. After Fuji Speedway hosted the 2008 race, the Japanese Grand Prix returned to Suzuka for races from 2009 onward. The Super GT Fuji 500 km race is held at the racetrack on Golden Week.

Fuji Speedway has one of the longest straights in motorsport tracks, at 1.475 km (0.917 mi) in length. The circuit has an FIA Grade 1 license.

2. John vd Geest

GT300 Winner リアライズ 日産自動車大学校 GT-R OnBoard / 2020 AUTOBACS SUPER GT Rd.5 たかのこのホテル FUJI GT300km

3. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

What cars are everyone thinking of running at the moment? Phantom and I are split between the Honda and the Lexus atm, but if everyone's going to jump in the Nissan, we can run either XD

4. John vd Geest

I quite like the Honda. I think it's gonna be that one.

The GT500 is full already.
    Class GT500 = 15 cars
    Class GT3 = 17 cars

• Like Like x 2
  5. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

Oh we're both registered already, just nailing down specifics :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Unfortunately I cannot participate due to home relocation and renovation during this period. Would mean that I have to miss at least 3 or 4 races.
    Resigning from the series offers opportunity for someone else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

This is as iconic it will ever be :D , can´t resist join here also :rolleyes:
    Not sure why I nearly missed out on this one :confused:
    One off the first car I couldn´t resist to try out , at my first attempt with
    RF2 when I saw it was there:eek::p. Now have to persuade the "government" its vital ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I really like this first track, being a F1 track it is wide with a lot of back/forth turns, so there is plenty of room to pass, very difficult to block. I think the other drivers will like that.
    The speed differences between classes I hope will be a lot less, so not constantly checking the mirrors for dots coming at 'break neck' speed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

The difference between the classes is not as much as the LMP2 - GTE cars so you might find some quick GT3 drivers with the GT500's!. And to double check there is no mandatory pitstop?

10. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

At 92 min race, your going to have to pit, or stay off the throttle.

11. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

Ill just turn off the AC ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. John vd Geest

13. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

Important Notice
    We are experiencing a problem getting the server up and running for the Fuji event. The problem seems to be caused by combining the GT500 and the GT3 car packages. The GT500 cars seem to have a problem playing nce with the GT3s. If you load a GT500 and click Drive, you get a CTD. We are working to try and solve the problem and we wanted to give you some advanced notice about the issue. If you have experienced a similar kind of problem we would like to hear from you. Thanks!

14. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I have done a practice race with GT500 cars, I'm driving a GT3. If I program both as an option, all I get is GT3's.

15. Tom Parton

Tom Parton Pro Driver

What is going on with this Series?
    We are supposed to be racing this coming Weekend and as of yet I have no idea if we are at Fuji, Suzuka, some other track or if we are racing at all??
    Could we have an update please so hat we can start practicing for the required track?

16. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up with no Mercedes GT3, The Mercedes crashes the server we have an admin looking in to it but will most likely run without the Merc.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The Fuji server is up and running but without the Mercedes AMG GT3 car which we are experiencing difficulties with configuring it as an available choice. Initially it appeared to be a problem with a potential track/car conflict but that has proved not to be the case after more testing.
    Work continues to find a solution to include the AMG GT3.

• Like Like x 3
  18. John vd Geest

The GT3 Mercedes AMG is out.

Following the problems we had to configure the GT3 Mercedes AMG to the server in combination with the other cars, we have decided to take the Mercedes AMG out.
    Work to fix the problem however continues behind the scenes. So maybe we'll be able to add the car in a future series.

19. John vd Geest

20. Andrea Ricci

Andrea Ricci Pro Driver

Unfortunately I have to confirm my absence in this first race!
    too bad because fuji is one of my favorite circuits
    see you later

• Informative Informative x 1