Round 1 Goodwood

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race password has been set

2. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hi guys,
    I want to apologize in advance. I will try to run this first event, but because of some work related problems, I could exit in the middle of the race if my phone ring. Please don't consider it as "rage quit", it is a ... "work quit" :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kevin Elmes

Kevin Elmes Pro Driver

i would like to report an incident on the last lap where a rejoing car gave no space and turned into me costing 3 places i would like to ask for well i dont even know since i have never had this happen before but i am kinda miffed about it since it was the last lap and all

4. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

I really enjoyed that, so big thanks to the admin and all who came out to race.
    This was one of the longest league races I've done. Nice change to be able to settle into a rhythm rather than pushing all the way - even if I did lose that rhythm in the last few laps, and with it what turned out to be third place. This was also my first proper race with clutch and h-pattern, so all in all I'm pretty pleased with the outcome! Spent a big chunk of the race chasing Kimi - even though you got away after I did some stupidities, I was really disappointed to see you slow on the last lap. Fuel, I assume. And Flaviu a constant orange threat in my mirrors, congrats on sneaking by when my rhythm departed :)

Well done to podium folks, and I look forward to the next one.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

hi kevin. i think its me u talking about but i am not exactly sure . i lost the control went to gras but when u came from the corner and crash to me i was on the right side of the road and as i remember my moving was very minimal, at least u must see the yellow flag that game shows u , u turn the corner with your normal speed and when u saw me it was to late . i couldnt do anythink in that situation , u are the one that have to be carefull of yellow flag and take attention . but like i told i am not sure of all of that . i need the replay file to watch again ,maybbe here it will be later. hope net race will be less crash and better for u and me . have nice days ..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kevin Elmes

Kevin Elmes Pro Driver

On the replay it shows me going up the inside and you turning into me and I had to go on the inside I had to much speed to go any where else and it's down to you to look for fast cars when you rejoin and you should of seen me in the mirrors or in helacorsa or crew chief and you should of given me room

7. Kevin Elmes

Kevin Elmes Pro Driver

Rejoining the race after an incident
    • It is the responsibility of any driver who is returning to the track to make sure they do not interfere with other drivers.

Rejoining drivers should stay off the racing line and give way to faster cars until they are fully up to speed. Rejoining drivers should not attempt to keep anyone behind them until they are fully up to speed. Any driver who rejoins a race and, owing to negligence, causes another car to crash or take severe avoiding action, will be penalised.

8. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

kevin 1- like u said u are to fast and on yellow flag ,its mean also at the corner exit can be a accident or else and u must take attention and go down from speed 2- in helicorsa i see only cars that are very close , and i was already on track and i couldnt act so fast when a car is coming with full speed from the blind corner that i cant see and as i remember i didnt move that much but your at your speed u didnt had tha chance to avoid the crash . and also crewchief doesnt help in that situation and all of them is installed by me . if u can upload me the replay i wanna watch and say my last word aftter that..i personnaly try to race always fair and many times i go from throttle by side by side racing when i feel it will be dangerous ant thats coast me like today places or not be able to take the corners of losing the line. Some guys know me. its just a race and nothing else BUT after i watch the replay and if i decide that i am the one who coused that on purpose or etc i will say sorry and want from admin to give u my points and yours to me . ok :)

9. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

b) Yellow flag:
    [​IMG] image by Phil Nelson

This is a signal of danger and should be shown to drivers in two ways with the following meanings:

• Single waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake and be prepared to change direction. There is a hazard beside or partly on the track.
    • Double waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake and be prepared to change direction or stop. There is a hazard wholly or partly blocking the track.
    Yellow flags should normally be shown only at the marshals' post immediately preceding the hazard.

In some cases however the Clerk of the Course may order them to be shown at more than one marshals' post preceding an incident.

Overtaking is not permitted between the first yellow flag and the green flag displayed after the incident.

Yellow flags should not be shown in the pit lane unless there is an incident of which the driver should be made aware.
    ;) ;) ;)

10. Kevin Elmes

Kevin Elmes Pro Driver

i am not saying you did it on purpose mate its just you was on the racing line and i had nowhere to go but f it racing is racing shit happens lol

11. Kevin Elmes

Kevin Elmes Pro Driver

except that dont apply to rejoining cars its down to you to stay off the racing line and check your mirrors for fast cars and give room

12. Kevin Elmes

Kevin Elmes Pro Driver

But it's cool it's racing and shit happens so let's just forget about it and look forward to the next race mate

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

At SRO we have a basic set of Rules & Regulations which outline our expectations of our members behaviour, both on and off track. We could produce a document which would run into hundreds of pages of racing rules, but for an Online organisation such as ours, where enjoyment and competitive fun are the main objectives, if we did, it would likely be an immediate turn-off for most of our members. We therefore stipulate adherence to a more basic set of rules and look to our members to "do the right thing". If this results in disregard for fair play or clear disrespect for the unstated rules of racing, then we will take action which is not a case for discussion or debate.

This opening race of the series was I felt generally to be a good example of what SRO is here to provide, although I did personally observe a couple of marginal track rejoin moves which were probably over the line as far as our implied rules are concerned. In the heat of the moment we have all been guilty of that in one race or another, but we should learn from that and improve our behaviour going forward. As a general rule of thumb at SRO, it is ALWAYS the responsibility of the car rejoining the track to avoid affecting what is happening on track at that moment.

Let's all learn from the unnecessary incident's in tonight's race and move forward to the next round which I for one am looking forward to expectantly :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

has anybody the replay file ?

15. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

I have it, will upload this evening if no-one else beats me to it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nathan Lockie

Nathan Lockie Pro Driver

Really enjoyed last nights race, great car and track combo. Really suprised myself and managed to get pole but then had a fairly slow start to the race falling down to 4th. Managed to work my way back to 2nd place but couldn’t keep up with Tim who drove a perfect race. Congratulations Tim on the win, looking forward to the next race!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Nice racing with you Neil and fuel it was or more like lack of it.

K

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It was a nice first race of the series. I qualy OK, but at start ... :confused: I don't know what I do ???? I lost in first turn 5 places, from 6 to 11 (if I remember right, I didn't have time to watch replay).
    It was some minor incidents along the course (racing is racing ;)) and I hope didn't do anything wrong to mess someone race. If, I apologize :rolleyes:
    First half of the race was hard, with a lot of cars around, in the end I manage somehow to survive and reached the 5th place with @Neil Rocks on 4th. His pace was a little faster then mine and in the second half he pull away to a safe 3 seconds. And in my mirror was bigger and bigger @Roel Postma, to my luck it was only 45 min race not 60 :). After a couple of Neal's minor mistakes I pass him with 2 laps to go. I thought I was on 4th, but to my (pleasant) surprise it was 3rd :cool:, @Kimi Martikainen had some (fuel) problems at the end of the race.
    I had a good race with Neil, and few others along the race.
    Congratulation Tim, Nathan and well done all.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Ken Jagger

I'll upload it to the race page shortly :)

20. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Pro Driver

Enjoyed my first run with you guy's, had a few issues including starting on quali fuel, schoolboy error, then played dodge the blue flag for the next 35 mins.
    Looking forward to round 2 after my holiday.

• Like Like x 3