Project Cars 2 Round 1 Hockenheim National

Discussion in 'Group A Euroseries Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Ken Jagger

Our PC2 server is presently limited to 16 clients and we are currently oversubscribed for this race at 18 registrations. If this is an indication of greater interest for PC2 series then maybe we can consider increasing the server slots for future series, depending on member support and turnout of course.

In the meantime if anybody who is registered and cannot make the race, please unregister so your place can be taken by a Red Light member.

3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

I am surprised about getting a red light, that was never an issue at Automibilista (sadly somehow). So I hope there is some space for a displaced Automobilista driver ;)

4. Ken Jagger

Our Automobilista servers are run from a STEAM Dedicated Server, so there is no limit on the number of entries allowed, other than track mods and performance. We run Project Cars 2 on a separate Dedicated server provided by a 3rd party which we pay real money for (really!) and it is 16 client slots. We have never got near this number of members racing PC2 hence we went for a lower cost. No need paying money for something we never used, right?

The reason for this is that using Steam for setting up a PC2 server, requires a Host i.e. me for example, to have it running on their PC. Using a Hosted Dedicated server allows us to have the server running for a week or whatever, before the race.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys I'm pulling out of round one as I just found out I have to work the early shift on Wednesday :(..
    So glad to see the grid filling up & now at least one of the red lighters can get in. I'll be back for round 2!

6. Ken Jagger

Sorry you can't make it Rob :(

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sorry I couldn’t make the race guys, I had some technical problems which I managed to eventually solve……then logged back on to the server seconds after quali finished, so could race!:mad:

shame really as I cant make next week’s race due to a family celebration!

8. Ken Jagger

Tough to see my Team mate go out under those circumstances :( Unfortunately its something we all either have or will experience at some time. The frustrating thing is not knowing what the issue was that caused it :mad:

9. Well, I’m having some proper brain fades at the moment! Unregistered for the next race earlier, but just realised it’s 2 weeks away, not 1! So on standby again!:confused:

10. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Very hard race for me. Once more my setup was wrong, i used the same settings as in quali, but in the long run my tyres were gone
    too soon. So i was driving like a taxi driver, avoiding any contact and trying to make no big mistakes. Sorry for my teammate Björn,
    who was very fast and was closing a 10 sec gap to me, but 2 small mistakes threw him back.

Grats to Viktor, who started racing seriously a few months ago, perfect drive.
    Also to Ken, who is fast in any car
    And to Jose: he is a very faithful member of our PC2 community over the years, his podium position was well deserved!!!

Also remarkable for me was the developement of Helmut, his laptimes were really competitive this time.

Cu all at Algarve Portimao in 2 weeks!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Big congrats to all podium players , great race from you all.:rolleyes: I eco what Gerhard said about you all.
    As always a big thank you to admins for all the fun:)

Couldn´t really get any trust or confident in these cars or myself this time.
    7th at the grid I did a slow start, must have been the slowest start in PC2 history :eek::eek::eek: ,
    a fraction before the whole lamp installation would turn green. I got away
    did ok until turn 2 , where there was a encounter with "styix"?? something so going
    out last it was all about try to gain back some positions. Coming up on Gerhard ,not because
    I was fast , it was you mate going slow, thought I could challenge you for the position, but 2 misstake throw that away.

So now the old man need´s a lot off practice, not sure it will help:mad: :eek::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  12. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

That was @Franz Herbert Mann , not sure what exactly happened, but as a result he spun.

Regarding my race, it was my first PC2 race and hopefully my worst. Probably, I have to challenge Björn for the slowest start in PC2 history, because I already had lost contact to the rest of the field.
    The remainder of the race was not much better, some laps were ok, but when I lost my rhythm my lap times dropped below 1:40. PC2 is so much different to all the other sims, and with such a twitchy car it was a struggle all race long. In particular, the Mercedes turn, which temped to go early on throttle, but that put me in danger to spin the car. That happened twice and brought Klaus back into my clutches.

And I am sorry for the problems I caused the leading pack. I expected blue flags in the HUD or somewhere, but that was not the case. So I was a bit surprised how fast you reached me, although by driving so slow I should not.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

First welcome to all the new guys that joined us.

This time I have some tine to practice and sharp the setup a litle bit, mostly softing the car, as I have my birthday and a day of from work :).
    Nice qualy in 4th place not expecting to be so in front, good start following Hofmann for a couple of laps, my car feels great so I start to push and get to 3rd. The top 2 are a few seconds and we are lapping some pace so I need to push a litle more to close the gap. I was able to catch them and be on 2nd afer a spin from Ken but at that point my tires are gone and start to get a lot of understeer, failing apexs and smal mistakes he pass me back and end up defending the 3rd place on the last laps. Mostly I enjoy my pace and be on the fights ;).

Im going on vacations next week near Algarve circuit maybe I go there for practicing :D:D:D:D:D.
    See you all there

• Like Like x 6
  14. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

First off congrats Viktor on the race win, And really sorry for not being there, I got home turned on the PC and windows would not boot. I really didn't want to miss the race so spent the rest of the time frantically trying to get the pc up and running , I really did think i could get it going, but unfortunately by the time I did sort it the race had just started. so Frustrated!!:(:mad:
    Sorry guys. but I will defiantly be at Algarve .

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

For me, it was quite an uncomfortable race. The FF settings were always wrong no matter what. I guess PC2 is no match to AC in this regard.
    It also reflected in the lap times, as I was mostly correcting over/understeer visually and. However, ~3 seconds behind the best time was ok for me.

Yep, that was me. I am not sure why my old steam name would show up for you. I first joined the server with the wrong name but changed it immediately.
    From my point of view, you left a big gap on the inside of turn 2 but then closed it very late. I was attempting to break, but I locked the brakes and was only a passenger from thereon.
    I am sorry if this contact did ruin your enjoyment of the race. I should have been a bit more cautious in my first race.
    As I don't have the replay to view the incident again, I am not quite sure how bad it looks. I'll keep my head down for the next race :oops:

After the turn 2 incident, I closed up to @Brian Donald who made a mistake in turn 5 and spun, so I got his position. But in the latter stages of the race, he closed up and had the better pace. Making my car as wide as possible, I kept him behind me but was also struggling with my tyres and had more trouble keeping my car on the track. In the first corner of the last lap I lost it after accelerating too fast, so Brian got me and earned his place back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  16. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 1
  17. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

This race went well, I managed to get pole position, which put me in a massive advantage right at the beginning.
    I drove the Mercedes quite a lot in the past 2 weeks, so I'm happy that my practice yielded a good result. I had an incident with Ken close to the end of the race, I think both of us were slightly in the wrong, but we settled on the conclusion that it was a racing incident.
    Thank you all for the race, I'm fairly sure this was a one-off performance from me, I'm probably not gonna be as quick in the following races.
    Also, shoutout for my friend Aleksandar who almost got a podium finish is his first race, proper good job from him as well!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

No problem mate I had a Merc on the out side and was going for the apex, not to impact the Merc.
    Those things happend, nothing to do about it exept try to regain position/and race :)
    See you next time Franz

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  19. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

I use the G29 wheel. I will give it another try to configure it.

Is there anyone else who has the G29 and is satisfied with his FFB setup and doesn't mind sharing it?

Good to hear!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

I've also got a G29, I'll send you my setup when I get home

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1