RaceRoom Round 1 : Hockenheimring Pre/post race comments

Discussion in 'DTM 2019 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Sorry for being so rubbish.

I haven’t raced this car for years and probably haven’t been on Raceroom for about a year.

I’m so used to the Oreca 07 on RF2 this is completely alien to me, lol.

Anyway I wanted to test the pedals out now I’ve built a new base for them. All works well, so fingers crossed if I can make the next one I’ll be able to put some hours of practice in :)

3. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

^^^You weren't the only one, I gave up trying.

Seem to have the same issue as I had in PCars 2, steering does not feel right. Calibrating solved that in PCars. Thought I got on top of it at the end of practice but come qualifying and race it was like driving on ice. Pit stop ruined it as well, set up a pit stop to change tyres at front and add a little fuel. Got the tyres but no fuel. Sat at the end of the pitlane pressing every button on my wheel and keyboard trying to find how to get fuel into the car. Realised I couldn't so sat there until I had enough fuel to get to the end of the race but after the 40+ spin I decided to drive it like a milkfloat.

Not sure if I want to continue racing. I don't mind finishing last if the car is fun to drive. But the fun went out the window from the off. Will be still hosting though whatever I decide so don't panic ;)

4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah I need to adjust things a bit. The steering is pretty heavy in RF2 but in Raceroom it’s gone pretty light. Almost too light and I’m steering too much into the apex.

The brakes feel a little dead (if that makes sense) and I kept overshooting corners. I need to play with the various settings to get that right :)

Like I said I haven’t been on this sim in ages and I’m soooo out of practice. Lol :)

However, being DX9 I can run this sim on max at 4K on my tv and it looks glorious. These guys did a great looking title.

Stick with it matey. We did have a little battle at the beginning which was fun :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fredrik Söderstedt

Fredrik Söderstedt Pro Driver

You really have to be easy on the throttle with the DTM cars in general but specially at turn 2 and the hairpin. I attached my setup for the audi, you can give it a try see if it helps, though the race is over so it wont do much good in that regard.
    _________
    The race really started off on the wrong foot for me, my webhud didnt work as it should. Some of the elements like DRS didnt show properly. So that was kinda annoying.
    The race itself, wasnt much wheel to wheel action. first the turn 4 kerb almost spun me into the wall and then i went to deep at t1 and the kerb spat me out into the wall. guess i was lucky the damage was minimal if any at all, the car felt alright. so i manage to drag the poor car over the finish line.

Attached Files:

6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Thanks for the setup, I'll try it later on :)

I've seen about a dozen setups on Race Department that I'll try those out as well.

Yeah I just haven't driven these beasts in ages and I'm not used to them. I've done a few thousand miles in the URD DTM cars and I think I'm trying to drive them like that rather than the more delicate approach these cars require.

I need to setup the wheel properly with RR as well. Not quite to my liking at the moment. I jumped in with about 30 minutes to spare after work and it was all a bit of rush.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  7. Fredrik Söderstedt

Fredrik Söderstedt Pro Driver

My ffb settings for my T300:
    FFB intensity 100
    Smoothing 25
    ffb spring 0
    ffb damper 0
    Steering force intesity 95
    FFB min force 5
    understeer 60
    vertical load 50
    lateral force 60
    steering rack 100
    slip effect 20
    engine vibrations 20
    kerb vibrations 20
    shift effect 0
    collision effect 76

And then i usually adjust the settings for the car in the car setup if the FFB is too high.

• Informative Informative x 1