Round 1 Imola

Discussion in 'Historic F1 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Konstantin Bach

Konstantin Bach Pro Driver

Funny Cars!:D

3. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Cool cars, great tracks, good team signed up
    I regret that I will not be able to participate.
    Unfortunately, on Saturday at such an early hour it is almost unrealistic to be able to sit in front of the computer.

I wish you all good luck and good fun

Regards

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Sorry you won't be able to make it Michal. :(

5. Paulo Rodrigues

Paulo Rodrigues Pro Driver

Hi all,
    Regsitered but then unregistered
    First time with this cars just yesterday. For now without any clue about setup. Just 6 or 7 laps. 8s (!!) behind the fastest. Felling the car like something with butter in the wheels. It will be crasy to try go in track (also because I could ruin the race of someone). so, I hope to be more confortable with the car for the 2nd race.
    cheers

6. Konstantin Bach

Someone caught me under braking at the hairpin, I flew over the track with broken wings and wheel. Something he found leaving the track.

7. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Had a lot of fun today in my first race for the league but had absolutely no clue about what sort of setup to use xD

Happy to finish 2nd despite a dead front right tyre though :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

For me it looks like we had no real road today. Track was green for whole race, maybe something isn't right with server setup.

Sorry I was late today and have no time to prepare enough. :(
    Look forward for next round :)

9. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

It's a known glitch with rFactor 2 unfortunately. You need to restart your game and enter the server again to fix it.

10. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Never had this problem before and never heard about it. Interesting. Thanks for info

11. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Thanks for organizing this.
    Pretty much remembered how to drive this car properly in the race, which can be summarized as brake earlier then you think you should and then do it even earlier on top of it :D
    Realroad was definitely working as it should. The car became more stable throughout the race.

Also one tipp for the other rounds: Forget the hard-tyres, they are completely pointless on this 2 cars :)
    Cya next time hopefully

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Burnell

Chris Burnell Pro Driver

Thank you to the guys at SRO for this series.
    I guess I was the only one to not put enough fuel in :(
    Congrats to Dino and the other guys on the podium.

13. Ken Jagger

Not sure if you use any other hud stuff Chris, but take a look at this as it gives a VERY accurate readout of your fuel use-age every lap, so it's then easy to calculate your tank level based on race time/lap time :)
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop...edfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=home

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ken Jagger

I didn't get much practice in before today and had only got a 1.49 anyway, so I figured I'd be trailing around at the back in the race. With a bit more practice and some setup changes, I worked down to 1.45 which I was more happy with, although I still wasn't comfortable with the handling in the chicanes. Some last minute setup changes gave me a bit more confidence, even if I wasn't quicker, but at least I could run consecutive laps of similar pace :)
    When Mark & Zac caught up after their early issues, we had a lot of laps running close together and although I was clearly a bit slower than both, I felt I could hold the position if I didn't make any errors. Famous last words!! Coming out of the Varianta Alta with Mark close behind, I clipped the kerb with the left rear tyre which was enough to let him past and then ease away. Another mistake at the same chicane a bit later also let Zac past , so that was it for me till the end. A bit more work on the setup will hopefully help me in future races, but I did enjoy this first race of the series with the strong competition throughout the field which bodes well for future races :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Congrats to Dino for the dominating win. One of the toughest races yet for me. Started off bad when I put my car in gear and it died. Clutch must have been out of calibration but I was able to refire the engine right at the green flag. And then things got really slow at the first high speed left hander. I was behind several cars and my front wing lost downforce and I drifted off the track and fell behind. But I did manage to catch up with Zach and Ken and then the race was on. Great fun you guys. Ken I don't know what I was thinking when I tried to go inside of you at Rivazza. Got greedy but I'm glad we both recovered ok. Sorry about that. This will be an awesome series and I look forward to Brands Hatch. See ya then.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I'm pretty gutted.

Qualifying - Fantastic! My first pole position in any series, beating a Superleague driver by half a second! That might well be the best feeling I've ever experienced in Sim Racing.

Race - Terrible. I made so many silly mistakes. I threw away not just a win, but a podium too. I hope that it's just that I was rusty after my break, and maybe I can hold the lead next time.

Overall - One to forget.

League - Fantastic! Great drivers, great events, great cars. I will certainly attempt to make this full series.

Well done to @Dino Paolini for being the safer and more consistent driver. You deserved that win, and I'm sorry I threw away my chance of fighting you for it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I tell you what, these are fantastic cars. You really have to wrestle them. You see those dark purple lines on my thumbs? That's bruising caused by handling this beast. I love it. IMG_20180901_182321.jpg IMG_20180901_182305.jpg

18. Ken Jagger

Turn the FFB down.... :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Nice. Yeah, they are fantastic. Try driving them without driving aids. Use your clutch pedal and no paddles. :)

20. Konstantin Bach

And turn off the paddle shifters, and use the shift lever as in a real car.;)