rFactor 2 Round 1 Jerez

Discussion in 'Studio 397 LMP2 & GT3 Endurance Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 3, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Jerez

Circuito de Jerez-Ángel Nieto
    (formerly known as Circuit of Jerez and Circuito Permanente de Jerez), is a 4.428 km (2.751 mi) racing circuit located close to the city of Jerez de la Frontera, 90 km (55.9 mi) south of Seville and deep within the sherry-producing south of Spain. The project was led by the Spanish engineer Manuel Medina Lara, based on a preliminary idea from Alessandro Rocci.

Circuit history
    [​IMG]
    The track during 2010 F1 pre-season testing
    [​IMG]
    The layout prior to 1992
    The circuit opened on 8 December 1985. During 1986 the circuit hosted the first international motorcycle event in Spain in March and the Formula One Spanish Grand Prix in April. The circuit's relatively remote location hindered significant spectator turnout, although up to 125,000 can be accommodated. Because of this, F1 moved to Barcelona following the 1991 race.

In 1992, the track eliminated four corners to create the long right hander Curva Sito Pons. Due to the hosting of the European Grand Prix in 1994, a new chicane was created (the Senna curve) at the corner where Martin Donnelly had a career-ending accident during qualifying for the 1990 Spanish Grand Prix. Jerez also hosted the 1997 European Grand Prix, which was the championship decider between Michael Schumacher and Jacques Villeneuve, who collided during the race.

During the podium celebrations of the 1997 race, Jerez's Mayor Pedro Pacheco disrupted the podium celebrations by presenting a trophy that was supposed to be presented by a dignitary from Daimler-Benz. This incident resulted in the track being temporarily banned from hosting a Grand Prix.[1] It has not hosted another Grand Prix since, but continued to be used for winter testing until 2015.

[​IMG]
    The start line

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Will miss this round on holiday.

3. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I got the track, thks.
    Can we decide what the track temp/weather is for the race?

4. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Hey guys just signed up but i think i need to get the gt3 car pack..i signed up for lmp2 for now but may change after i test the gt3 cars .is that ok?

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Yes, that's fine.
    The rule is that you must keep the car that you place on the grid for your first event. You can go back and forth before that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

Road America is changed for Jerez.

I'm very sorry for the track change. A member had sent it to me and said it was tested in his league and it would work. Maybe it did on their server, but not on ours.
    Jerez was also on the poll list and next in line.

Practise server is up for testing to make sure this track works oke.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

No problem, I'm all for new tracks anyway and Jerez is a cool choice. I was watching the World Sportscar Review '89 the other night and the first race was there so it will be good to race on it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Hard to choose a car. The one i love to drive, Porsche, needed tons of laps and tuning compared to 2 other i got same times with.
    With the exception that those 2 were on default sets and 5-10 laps max... :/
    BMW was not my liking, dont like how it turns in. There is a moment of weirdness but it feels like most grip in mid corner. Specially in long corners.
    McLaren feels like a toycar and understeery but i had best time with it on default set nevertheless and best view out of cockpit.
    Aston is a beast so maybe look into that more. Bad view from cockpit.
    Didnt like Audi at all.
    Just my drunken 5 cents, bought the pack today :D

And I just think its Jerez..it sux lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. John vd Geest

There are 2 layouts for this track. We are driving "without" the chicane version in sector 3.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

hi hi

i will be missing this round.
    im taking part in the VEC 24hr Le Mans and will be sooo tired.
    see you all at round 2

and yes, ill be in my Porsche GT3

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Something tells me that today was my last time training for this race...... :D
    Had no enough time to try any other cars than BMW. This track has a very defined character, sure will take the best of us !!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Ran some laps tonight but I did a ten mile run this morning and I’m still a bit tired. Haha.

Some work to do still,and for some reason sector three is driving me nuts, just can"t get my lines right there just yet.

Will do some AI practice on Saturday and learn from them a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

I take that back. Its actually a blast with lmp2. Makes me want to swich but just paid up for new pack so guess i keep with it.

Heres my best go. 1.27.5 on server. Couple corners went with little errors but dont think you ever nail it spot on here.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Nice one, you seem to have much more front end "bite" than me. I was struggling for front tyre grip last night and the car kept trying to push wide. However I was playing with the setup and slowly getting there. I know I was also turning in too early on some corners as well. Otherwise I'm using the same gears into the corners as you so I'm on the right track. I just need to be five seconds faster! lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

I may have to sit this one out i just got my rig back up and havent had any chance to practice or decide on car at all.

16. John vd Geest

You still have all day to learn the track :)

17. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  18. Paulo Rodrigues

Paulo Rodrigues Pro Driver

Hi ro all,
    Just arriving (yesterday). One (silly?) question: if someone choose the same car there's any chance to have some kind of collision if they go to boxes at same time?

19. John vd Geest

No, each entry of a car is registered as individual.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paulo Rodrigues

Paulo Rodrigues Pro Driver

Ok. Thanks