rFactor 1 Round 1 Lienz Foothills

Discussion in 'Osella PA20 Sportscar Sprints Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Getting mismatch error
    Track Geometry mismatch
    Lienz.tdf mismatch
    Lienz_foothills.gdb mismatch

I have just downloaded files from site :(

3. Ken Jagger

The track files are actually part of the base rF install, unless you are using the rF Lite version when you need to DL and install this track. Did it tell you it was overwriting exiting files when you installed it Paul?
    Maybe try the Terrain TDF Fix patch https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/terrain-tdf-fix.272/

I've just logged on to the race server without problems.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Same problem here as Paul. Offline works fine but online I got multiple mismatches. Tried the patch but didn't work. :(

5. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

I had same, but i did copy the track from full version (1 gb) and solved.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Ken Jagger

After further investigation there are some differences in the track .gdb files. I think the problem might be caused due to a difference between the content provided in the Trymedia download version and the DVD version used by ISI in some countries. Whatever it is, you should be able to fix it by DL and installing this smaller Lienz version linked to in post #14 in this thread https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-2-lienz.2289/

Thanks to Juris for providing the fix originally.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

All fixed now. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Intermittent internet again. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    So may or may not be racing this evening.
    Damn you Sky :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:I'm mad:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:very very mad:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Do you sense how mad I am yet:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:mad mad mad mad mad:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Ken Jagger

Hope it plays normally again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ramon Llupart

You are not the only one my friend, yesterday I had F1 race and was going quite nice until... someone called home and (sometimes) my internet connection crashed.
    Shit happens with ISP's. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Messy start, lots repairs, had fun and afraid of the mountain :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Ken Jagger

Didn't look that way to me when you went past. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Pole. Happy days :)

Race
    SPIN! 3 metres from the start line :oops:.
    Hit someone ahead of me. Sorry I don't know who it was. I did a drive thru for it. :(
    SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!
    SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! ARGH!!! HAY BAIL! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! ARGH! WALL! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! ARGH!!! HAY BAIL! Oh look a piece of my car. SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!
    End of lap 1 :)
    SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! OK you get it. I used to have these races when I first started racing. I measured my success on how few spins I had :)
    By rights this car shouldn't be undriveable. Finally had to pit for repairs and decided to ditch the medium tyres for softs. That would solve the spinning problem.
    SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! ARGH GODAMIT! :mad:
    Finally put together a decent run of laps to catch and pass 5th and 4th places. Then promptly well you know.
    Caught them again and got into 2nd after those ahead pitted. Was hoping to get to the end of the race on these tyres but they fell off a cliff and I had to pit to get fresh ones. This gave Toni 2nd.
    This race was an adventure and on the 'Spinometer of racing success' it was a complete disaster but somehow I got 3rd place. As I said before if the damage setting was 100% I wouldn't have finished at all.

Well done Jim for the win :)
    Well done Toni for 2nd :)
    Well done all for driving this absurd whacky track. Thanks Ken for including this track. It was a complete pleasure to drive I loved slamming into walls and hay bails :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ramon Llupart

Although a complete disaster race I have to admit somehow I enjoyed it. :D

When I was in the starting line I noticed I didn't tried even once a standing start. So I started in panic mode only to notice almost everyone was starting quite bad. I even had to brake to not smash the car in front of me, obviously my rear wing paid the price of this. :rolleyes:

Three cars in front of me went out in the first corner of the first lap so I was 3rd. Some laps later another one in front of me spun into the wall and I was 2nd. And I figure what happened to the first because yeah, you guessed right, I even put my car eventually on 1st. I was so happy at that moment, everything was ok with the world.

And then, about 20 minutes of race... the soft tyres disintegrated, particularly the rear ones, with the front ones overheating more than 100ยบ. And then the crashes began. And they came to stay. :rolleyes:

Two times destroyed my car and had to go to pits for almost 1min30sec each repair. I changed to mediums but tyre degradation was almost the same and the car dind't turn at all. I even ended upside down outside the track. In no man's land... thanks rFactor for returning my car to the track anyway. :)

So at the end, I think I was dead last and something like 4 or 5 laps behind. But as I said at the beginning, somehow I enjoyed the race. :cool:

• Like Like x 3