rFactor 2 Round 1 Oschersleben

Discussion in 'ADAC GT Masters Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

3. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

That chicane is tricky. Relatively easy to cut the entrace, the 2nd apex or both.

I've read the rules and it says 'Off-course' is defined as leaving the marked course with all four wheels. The definition of the term 'advantage gained' will be left up to the sole discretion of the Race Steward(s) and may include when a driver goes all four-wheels-off on the exit of a corner, or was deemed to be an unnatural and/or unrealistic racing line.

I remember that at R2P this rule was quite strict and it didn't allow to put the 4 wheels off track at any time, here it seems a bit more flexible, (just like IRL sometimes) but I'd be glad if I had an official clarification about it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

We rely on drivers to inforce this rule as we do look at races but cannot look at all of them.

Our rules here are more strict than R2P, all breach of SRO rules will result in a penalty, Saying that we do rely on drivers informing us of any driver breaching these rules.

We do randomly choose a race and review and give out our own penalty even though there has been no protest filed.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

If DELIBERATE AND INTENTIONAL abuse of the track limits, as defined by the white lines, is seen during a race or reported to Admin's after, then the race will be reviewed carefully with a view to applying any penalties felt appropriate. Abuse of SRO rules such as this, is not only determined by running a faster lap time, and can still be considered liable to a penalty due to it being "an unnatural and/or unrealistic racing line"

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alberto Alvarez

Ok, good to know. Thanks, guys

7. Alberto Alvarez

Well, my winning streak finishes here :eek:

I had a great top speed that allowed to pass Ken at the start. but after a few laps it was easy to see that he had an advantage on the twistier part, specially at that damn chicane. Ken, Barret and I had very similar lap times and I was confident I could keep the lead, but my Lamborghini was a bit critical over the kerbs. Eventually I couldn't hold it and spun. I rejoined 3rd right behind them but my rear tires were overheated and I was loosing time, so I with nothing else to loose I changed tires and see what I could do in the last 30 min. Turned out I did nothing much and eventually spun a few more times.

Guess I have to work in a less agressive setup next time :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ken Jagger

GREAT pictures as always from you Alberto!
    And it was a lot of fun during the early laps when we were all running so close together.