Assetto Corsa Round 1 Palm Beach Raceway

Discussion in 'Florida Winter Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  2. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

Anyone else is getting "problems during checksum" I installsed the track and custom skins linked on the page.

3. Ken Jagger

A checksum mismatch is what happens when a file on the client and on the server are not identical.
    When players get this error it can be for various reasons, but most commonly they are:
    • A recent Assetto Corsa update has not been applied to either the client or server. As such the files on the client and server don't match.
    • Some (add-on) content on the server is not the same as on the client.
    The first issue is quite easy to fix by using the steam update function in the control panel and using the verify game cache files in Steam on the client.

Jose are you sure you installed the skins as per the readme.txt file in the skin pack download?

I have no problems joining the server, does anybody else other than Jose have issues?

4. Jose Branco

Yes, and is all good on offline

According to steam I have the AC 1.16.4 build 6945667 installed and no updates to install :confused:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Two other members have also been on the server and recorded lap times, so the issue can only be with your client install Jose.
    Do you have the Helicorsa App installed? It is mandatory for all the AC series that I host.
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/

I've also added a link to it on the race pages :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  6. Jose Branco

No I haven`t,
    Its working now thanks :)

7. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Looking forward to this. It'll be my first open wheel championship so it'll be interesting for me. I won't be able to partake in the last race as i'll be on my honeymoon.

8. Ken Jagger

Nice to have you in the series Tom and congratulations ahead of time for your upcoming Wedding :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Thank you.
    I’m probably missing it somewhere obvious, but how long are the races?

10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Untitled2.png

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  11. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Thank you

12. Ken Jagger

A reminder to all our members that SRO require you to use your Real Name and not a nickname when joining any of our servers, including for practice only. We have had somebody using the nickname "jitzer" on this server, so whoever that is please change your STEAM/AC profile name to your real name.

13. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Sorry Ken that was me , trying to get my head around AC, will make sure it changes, apologies, Happy new year.:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

My very best wishes to you and the future boss, Tom. :)
    Just nicely off the server for a quick trial. Initially, I couldn't join as per José above. A checksum error. I looked around and discovered I needed an update to my Helicorsa file. You can find it here...
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/
    See you raceday, chaps!

15. Ken Jagger

A reminder to anyone who has not selected a car skin for this series yet. If you do not pre-select one so I can assign it you, the server will allocate a random one to you when you join. If you're not bothered what you get then that's fine. If you want a specific skin that hasn't already been pre-selected by somebody else, then let me know here https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/skin-preselection.25161/.

Also if you have never raced in AC here at SRO before, I will also need your STEAM GUID number which you can find by following this https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/how-do-i-find-my-steam-guid-number.25334/

16. Stephen Hayward

Stephen Hayward Pro Driver

Hi Ken, cannot connect to server issue. AC files are fine as i did a file check only yesterday, i downloaded map from here, did skins the lazy way with CM first and they are on my system then read your file and dropped into steam apps common. Only thing i can think of is my helicorsa which i updated from your link does not show up on desktop but never has. I use radar usually. Any ideas please ?

17. Ken Jagger

Helicorsa is an in-game AC plugin App and so does not show up on the Windows desktop. After installing it to AC you need to enable it both in the Options/General/UI Modules screen and then also when you are in the car cockpit from the list of Apps shown on the right-hand side of the screen.

It's explained better than me in this link, but don't use the DL from there, use the SRO version.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605282473

18. Stephen Hayward

Stephen Hayward Pro Driver

That is the problem, it does not show up on the side bar on the right. to make it worse i cannot open original AC these days. Just hangs at 100% and fails to load. Not an issue as i only use CM but obviously not right. Will helicorsa recognition problem stop me on the server? I have had no problems on the other groups i am on.

19. Ken Jagger

Sounds like you know your way around AC Stephen. If it's not enabled in the front end menu it won't appear in the cockpit.
    That doesn't sound good. CM should not affect AC opening from Steam.
    Yes it will as on our servers Helicorsa is set as a default requirement.

20. Ken Jagger

With AC configuration, because we are limited to the lowest number of grid slots of all the tracks we use in the series, which is 20 for this series, we have three Red Light members who have registered to race. If anybody who is also registered knows they can't make it today, would you please unregister which will release a slot for these members.