Assetto Corsa Round 1 Riverside Nascar

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Screenshot_ks_mazda_787b_riverside_4-6-118-0-53-1k.jpg

The track was built to accommodate several different configurations, depending on the type of car and race length. The three options on Riverside Raceway were the long course (3.27 miles (5.26 km)), the short course (2.5 miles (4.0 km)), and the NASCAR (2.62 miles (4.22 km)) course. The original racetrack had a 1.1-mile (1.8 km) backstretch from 1957 to 1968. When the track was redesigned in 1969, Turn 9 was reconfigured with a wider radius and a dogleg approach added to reduce strain on the cars' brakes.

2. John vd Geest

Riverside in game. Awesome !! :)

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

This is a home race for me ! I was born some 20 minutes from riverside raceway & lived close enough to here the engines roar on Sundays ! We lived on top of a hill & I remember sitting on top of the wall looking off across the what was then desert to where the raceway was & hearing the roar ! My father sold insurance & one of his good war buddies/clients owned the local ford dealership so we got race tickets all the time ! We always sat right across from the pits so it was frikin loud all the time ! I remember to the right we could watch them come off the long back strait into the what was then cutting edge banked turn .. then to the left we could see pit out up to the start of the esse's! in game if you look left when going in the pits you see the grand stands ! that's where I sat haha ...
    I actually conversed with ltlski a bit while he was building it & sent him some pic's from my brothers 35mm stuff but he already had plenty of resources & I must say he nailed it .. those drab desert wash areas looked just like that , plus it was a dust bowl ! when ever anyone went off you could see the huge/brown/thick dust cloud .....lol I have some old super 8 movies my brother took of Dan Gurney & AJ Foit .. I need to find thoes .. ,he was older and went the most , I was a wee lad ...lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. John vd Geest

Wow ... good times buddy! Did you ever take a spin around the track and how does it compare with the AC version?

5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

No I was like 8 .... lol Its sad now because where the track was is now a shopping mall ..
    I can say this ..I have driven my old BMW 328i coop on a track day up here in WA & I can say NO sim can ever reproduce the one thing that makes racing on the edge so insane ! it's G-force !.. you have no idea how heavy your head is with a helmet on in a hi speed turn when your sitting on your ass with a refreshing beverage by your side on your fav sim lol.. or when your so hard on the breaks & your eyeballs feel like they are going to pop out & go threw the windshield ..lol & then that feeling of weightlessness when you hit the rise in the road at hi speed & feels like you have no control of the car .. For me these things make it hard to compare any simulated track to the real ones ..:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

Yeah, that's true every time :)

7. John vd Geest

The setup for all cars in the thread "Group C video guides".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stefan Fritsche

Stefan Fritsche Pro Driver

Hey there,

I just couldnĀ“t wait for the Training and Drove some round without twicking the setup. (Mercedes C9)

Is 1.09.654 a good time with this Car on this Track?
    Course i dont want to be the badest driver out there and without autoblip it is hard to drive ;P

9. John vd Geest

Watch the guides video's I did in this thread. That should give you a good indication:
    Apart from the Mercedes, the 10 lap races were done on soft tires and low fuel.
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/group-c-video-guides.2599/

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  10. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stefan Fritsche

Stefan Fritsche Pro Driver

12. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Looking forward to this championship, Hoping to get some practice in very soon or i will be at the back of the grid :(

13. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

I will miss few races :(, Round 2 and 3, Saturday it's not the best day for me to race. Anyway, looking forward to this one, feels like gonna be a cracking champ :rolleyes:...

14. John vd Geest

That's oke, Davide. Just un-register for the races you can't do, then it will be fine :)

15. Davide Ricciardi

Hi,
    is the server race ready? Tires and fuel consumption will be the same at race day as it is right now?
    Cheers.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  16. Davide Ricciardi

:confused:

17. John vd Geest

Rob Milliken sets up the server for this series. The practise and race settings should be the same. So ... yeah, I'm pretty sure it is.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

I checked the laptimes at the server and even changing my screen name to Pablo Finotti on the menus, the server registered my steam name, Marion Cobretti. How can I solve this problem?

PS: just entered the racing room and it's okay, including the live timing

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  19. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Don't worry Nigel. I will be behind you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Looking forward to it Larry, We will race each other :)

• Like Like x 1