rFactor 2 Round 1 Road America

Discussion in 'Indy Pro 2000 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  2. Ken Jagger

Due to the fixed gearing on the Tatuus PM-18, you will hit the rev limiter three times on the long straights at Road America. After about 7-8 laps of a total 12-13 the engine oil temperature, but not the water temperature) will rise into the red and some smoke will be seen from the exhaust. Original testing did not detect this overheating issue, so it may have been introduced by the last rF2 update.
    Despite the overheating/smoke the engine will survive to the end of the 25 min race/s. We considered changing the car mod but decided it would defeat the series objective of using this car on most of the actual tracks it raced on. We should not experience problems at other track in the series.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jacopo Zaninelli

Jacopo Zaninelli Pro Driver

I think various car settings (or how many times you spin ) can influence how soon you'll overheat, but keeping the air temp at around 22° gives no problem with radiator fully open (=0)

4. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Thank you explain why I "toasted" the engine when I try with 50-200 at the radiator. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

I still got smoke after 7-8 laps with 18c setting, but the engine lasted for more than 13 laps.
    Either the developers got this setting the wrong way around and the options do not increase the radiator size, but reduce it. I'm not sure how you can reduce the size of something by 200% o_O without it disappearing completely :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jacopo Zaninelli

I think it may refer to how much tape in front of the radiator? so 0=no tape

7. Ken Jagger

And 200% = ????.......maybe a double layer of tape covering the whole radiator :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Michele Boffelli

Michele Boffelli Pro Driver

I just plug in my wheel and I find that it doesn't work.
    Seems some cables are damaged and I need to cut and weld them, I can do this work only this weekend because I actually don't have the tools. :mad:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Sorry you can't make it Michele. Hope you get the wheel fixed asap.

10. Ken Jagger

The following members are only registered for race 1. Unless you also register for race 2 you will not be included in the race results.
    Dmitri Buksha
    Sergey Aksentiev
    Hilario Sousa

11. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Gooood moornig SRO !
    Congrats to all podium players great laptimes off you! :rolleyes:
    Thank you admins for all the fun :)

My first RF2 race ever got the Sim a month ago, thank you Gerhard/Michael/Stefan
    to push me in the right direction ;).
    I did a god qualy with 2:00.317 so 4th on grid had a great figth with Ken/Scott
    had some driver error, the result was bad flat spot, the shook me all way down for 6-7laps.
    It was real bad the whole rig rumble like hell, wheel shake all crazy.

Race 2 with a good qualy off 2.00.669 I was 8th :eek: on the grid , got up to 7 when at
    the same curve at the same lap as race 1 :confused::eek::oops::rolleyes: got the result flat spots, so it was back
    rocking like hell. But all i all pleased but all shooked up :cool:

See you

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

both races were..intresting! in race 1 i got caught up in a constantina effect when a car stood still at the start, then in both race 1 and race 2 i got netcoded around turn 2, spinning me off and dropping me down the order, i spent most of race 1 making stupid frustrating mistakes and ultimatly ended up flatspotting the tyres and lossing my front wing, and too top it all off i ran out of fuel!! :(
    so race 1 was a bust!
    race 2 was a little better! again i was netcoded at the start around turn 2, this time i managed to catch up and was battling for around 8th (if i remember correctly) in a pack of 4 cars, and then- like an ameture- i shifted to first under braking by accident and that caused the rear wheels to lock and sent me spinning out the battle (so irritating!), and then i spent the rest of the race trying to recover before spinning due to damange caused by my spin earlier.

TLDR- had pace, but wasnt confident enough to make passes and made ameture mistakes that dropped me down the order and ultimatly cost me both races!
    main take away is to try not to get flustered under pressure, ive only recently got into online races, so my main issue is not wanting to ruin other peoples races which means i dont overtake yada yada yadaa!

on to the next race! hopefully itll be better

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jacopo Zaninelli

my race 1 was pretty similar: got tangled up in turn 1, lost half of my wing and spun something like 8 times until I managed to crawl to the finish in 10th.
    race 2 was great, good qualify but didn't have the pace of the first 3. made a mistake when mariusz came and i sat in 4th place comfortably... until last two laps drama, where I think he crashed and had a badly damaged car. managed to get my first podium, great fun.

see you at the next one!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jacopo Zaninelli

great avatar BTW :D

15. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

last nights race was my first since the RF2 update, when I went in the car setup page to try to adjust my fuel level for the race it was blanked out and said '0' litres. Then when I went out on track there was 20litres in the tank. So I didn't have enough fuel for the race. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

16. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

thank u! found it on a reddit post and knew i had too use it

17. Ken Jagger

No issues for me with the setup pages Stephen.

18. Jacopo Zaninelli

seems like a bug you can report here https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ng-detailed-reports.68017/page-4#post-1055209

19. Ken Jagger

Got to be one of, if not THE closest finishes between three cars at SRO. Michal Mazurek, Michael Schmiedel and yours truly at the finish line of race 2. Gap between us was 0.153 secs.
    20210115003949_1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  20. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

that must have been tense!