Automobilista Round 1 Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'Super GT500 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Problem
    When I press ESCAPE to return to pits I get a CTD

Solution
    In controller.ini file set following to :-
    Fanatec wheel rumble="0"
    Fanatec brake rumble="0"
    Fanatec accel rumble="0"

Hopefully this is now solved.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

I'm with a huge cold but tried to race even concentration levels weren't o top, so much that I forgot to fill up the gas after qualy...

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

We've all been there, done that Luis. :D

6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Yeah that can happen, not the best race for me, I chose that Honda NSX because it looked good and the first couple of laps felt good.

But as soon as you reach the limit of the car, it is really hard to drive. I had a bad quali, and a terrible start inclusive a collision with Jorge. (Probably Luis caused that with a spin?)
    I couldnĀ“t match the pace of the four frontrunners. And it got worse with tyre deg, I had a couple of spins.

Anyway congrats to the top four, but afterwards I was a bit sceptical, because the difference was huge and they all drove a differen car 3/4 the Nissan GT. So I did that what I should have done before the race, test each car. The result, I drove all other car with the default set up:

[​IMG]

First of all, huge respect for @Csaba Lako. That Lambo is such a nervous car and does not want to turn. Only the McLaren seems to be more difficult. On the other side, if you need only two flying laps with the Nissan GT R35 with default set up, and you are nearly a second faster than with the NSX, well
    Is it too late to change to another car? If not I would prefer a Toyota over a Honda :oops:

7. Ken Jagger

Its interesting how individual tests show different results. I got 1.15.276 best in the McLaren F1 and 1.15.306 in the Lexus SC430 but overall I liked the balance over several laps in the GTR best, which is why I chose it. I never did get close to my pre-race 1.14.682 PB in it during the race. :)

8. Ken Jagger

In the interests of fairplay Philipp and because we all had chance to test before choosing a car, it would be unfair to allow car changes now.

9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

A suggestion : So we don't loose people who are now stuck in cars they don't want to drive can we not say that for all races we must choose a different car. Makes it more interested and as I said we don't run the risk of loosing people. To be nit picky here there was no rules stating that we had to choose a car and stick with it although choosing a car skin did suggest this and it was mentioned once a question was asked.

10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Matched my PB to get pole. :)

Race
    Got a great start and by the end of the first lap I had a 2 second lead. To get a good lap time here you really have to attack the curbs through the esses (how to you spell esses). This runs the risk of hitting the square sausage curbs which will bring the car to an abrupt stop and as the Ferrari found out it can be really difficult to get off them. Well done for perseverance :). So I switched off all screen data and concentrated on the laps. By midway my tyres were barely used so my concern over tyre wear went away. I was now over 20 seconds ahead so I could now drop my pace slightly and get to the chequered flag.

Well done to my team mate Ken for second for maximising the team points and for Fabricio for 3rd.

This mod has improved quite a lot since the last time I drove it but it still has issues. I guess this mod was a merge of 2 rF1 mods that being a GTR2 conversion (did GTR2 have a McLaren maybe 3 mods then) and the GT500 mod. I don't think they have the physics right yet as the European cars drive differently to the Japanese cars certainly the FFB seems a lot different. The Euro cars are more difficult to drive so respect to Csaba who drove the Lambo and Jorge who drove the obviously very low Ferrari. The graphics need to be revamped as well as they are showing there age. The GT500 cars when they first came out for rF1 were awesome but times change and the graphics have improved 10 fold since. I guess this revamp won't happen. I do hope when AMS2 comes along these mods will find there way over but I am not very confident on that because of the change to the Slightly Mad engine. Looking forward to it and hopefully we will use AMS2 here :)

On to Virginia. Not a favourite track of mine.

11. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Sorry guys I couldn't race yesterday due to some work.

Honestly given that I couldn't drive european cars at all, just choose a jap car by the look of it, so that was the HSV. But seeing Philipp timetable, I think I'm going to repent for the next race. :D

12. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Well it is not that bad, most of the cars were capable of doing 15 something times, my laps are pobably an indicator how difficult this would be, dependent on your driving style. In the end I chose the NSX knowing that it would be slower than some cars. But after my test drive I thought that would be less bad in race trim... Not enough time to drive a race simulation, that backfired.

As it is as it is (Pauls plan sounds interesting but it is difficult to implement it afterwards and to monitor) I hope at least you Ramon will join me in a middlefield battle, who of us is the best Honda. As I know now that I cannot drive every race, it is not about the championship or winning, it is was just boring to drive on my own. Maybe at some point the front runners will get tired lapping us, but that is the price they pay :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Once race result doesn't mean that's how it will be for all the series Philipp and I for one do not expect to be always running so well in the remaining races. :)