rFactor 2 Round 1 Sebring

Discussion in 'GTD Sportscar USA Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

Hi Ken,would be possible to inclued the "old" gt3 pack as well?I ask because most of the people(if not all of us)already have them and I would love to drive the Vette.Anyway,thanks!

3. Ken Jagger

This series is sponsored by one our members and it was his choice of mod, so no it's not possible for this series. I'm not even sure without further investigation if combining two different mods from different developers would work with our results processing system, which relies on consistent car/class naming within the car files.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Erik Czakoi

Erik Czakoi Pro Driver

I'll be there. "CONFIRMED"

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

To anybody. choosing the Porsche: this car shows temporary overheating after the long straights.
    But: thats nothing, it causes no problems, no harm or less motor power. So you can choose it
    without any troubles.
    All cars are nearly same level, they have their plus and minus on each track. Have fun!

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Ken Jagger

It's looking like I'll have to pass on racing this opening round :( but should still be able to do the race start admin stuff from the server.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ken I Have signed up for this one as Im free for a few weeks ..:rolleyes:o_O:D Is there anyway to up the player count to 32 :D (im on the red list)
    I can admin it if you cant make it ,,I think JVDG is also in it so between the 2 of us we can handle it ..;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

I've increased it to 36
    OK go ahead and look after it for me. Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I was driving FO on the straight, suddenly I was in space in free fall. Couldn't rejoin.

10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I was behind you Darrel, suddenly the car ahead of you was in/on your car. There was quite a lot of warping cars the first laps.

11. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

This is a problem with the net connections, I suppose. I would like to do a race where the cars can't interfer with each other, only the track. It would be interesting and a little distracting driving thru another racer to pass. I'd give it a try though, I wonder if it is possible?

12. Bubán Dávid

Bubán Dávid Pro Driver

Quali: That 5 min was a horror. :D

Race: The rolling start was a chaos, and then everything else was too for the first lap. Someone hit me from behind and I spun and I lost my rear wing so I had to go back to the pit (few more spin at this lap.)
    Then I got lapped but the guys in front of me was much more slower. At least I was able to make it from 28 to 21.

One question: With the normal standing start how much fuel you guys would have at the end? My calculation from the game's avarage fuel consumption per lap (4.3L/lap) I had to get 124-126L to complete the race.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Apologies to all for the 5 min Qualifying session which should've been longer. I think the mistake arose due to previous server settings not being adjusted and also due to my absence recently. No fault of any of our other Admins, only mine.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

The start was indeed chaotic. Out of the last turn I expected everyone to put the power down instead they slowed up. A couple cars shot passed me. I guess some thought the race didnt start until they crossed the line. Then there was a strange effect for me where I kept seeing flashes of cars in front of me like flickering but no cars were actually there. Got pushed off the track during the 1st lap and lost a load of places. I think I was in 16th place but managed to climb back up to 8th. Nearly caught Barrett but my tyres fell apart and a couple of spin settled that. Great to see so many join in maybe a benefit of this strange world we live in now. Stay safe everyone :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry I missed this race, I was busy making a skin for my 720S and did not notice the time :oops:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Hi David, I drove the Audi R8 and I had a consumption of 3.9L/lap (could do almost two more laps). Also the rolling start with low speeds results in less racetime and lower fuel consumption in the end, but I was going to make on fuel even with a standing start.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I was in the Audi end of the race I had 7L of fuel.

18. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

After a bit of a messy qualifying and changing to a formation lap just before the race restart, I was glad to be 5th on the starting grid in the Audi R8 and being swarmed by McLaren 720s. I had a good start and was able to follow Carl for 6 or 7 laps until I noticed my rears started to slide and I had to let him go. During the race the rears lost more and more grip which resulted in a spin in Sunset bend and could just prevent hitting the barriers. Due to the time loss a few McLarens caught up and I could not defend them... Better braking and more accelaration then I had in the Audi with my setup. The final couple of laps I had a 14s gap to the next car and just made sure I would finish in 6th...

I think this is a great series concept with great cars and tracks. CU next time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bubán Dávid

Bubán Dávid Pro Driver

Is there any replay for the race?

20. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 2