rFactor 2 Round 1 Silverstone GT

Discussion in 'World Series Formula V8 3.5 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

DRS is available at this track but only in one part of the track after the exit of T4 on the Wellington Straight. The activation point is after the exit of T4 as shown here:

rF2 Silverstone DRS Start.jpg

To use it you must be within 1 sec of the car ahead at the Detection Point before T3 as shown here:

rF2 Silverstone DRS Detect Line.jpg

Make sure to map a wheel button or key to allow you to use it during the race.

DRS can be used anywhere on the track in Practice and Qualifying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Good race guys! I'm pretty gutted though.

Practice: I did a lot of practice for this race because I saw that Roberto and Paulo were faster than me, but when we got to official practice I found that neither of them were here. I took P1 by about a second, and felt quite guilty about it.

Qualifying: P1 by seven tenths of a second! I was really thrilled by my lap.

Race: I got a good start and pulled the lead margin out to about four seconds in the first ten minutes. Roberto then started catching me, and before long he was in attacking range. I knew I could hold him off though. All I needed to do was stay steady.
    Unfortunately, someone retired about 20 minutes in and this caused a massive screen freeze. When I got my vision back again, Roberto was already ahead of me and pulling away. I then had another screen freeze a few minutes later when a different person retired, and this put me off the road.
    I started catching Roberto again at the end, but it was too little too late and we had been denied a fight for the lead. That's why I'm so gutted about this race.
    Still, congrats @Roberto Balli ! You did an amazing job.

PS, just a polite reminder to members. - If you crash or break down, please go back to the pits and refrain from using live chat. Also, please don't blame others when the collision was clearly your fault, and at least look over the replay first before saying anything to that person. Thank you!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Tried mod 1st time yesterday evening for 5-10 laps and it felt bad ( not the mod, but driving ). Was thinking about quitting the event too since not doing any pace.
    Joined server 1h before Q and did practice runs. Took Henri¨s setup and softened it and put wings low and some minor things and eventually had a nice race.
    Some good racing out there.
    Had fun o/

• Like Like x 2
  5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

That was fun race :D Good fight with Tony and Jason. It wasn't easy to overtake them because I had such a much worse straight speed that I couldn't catch them even on the slipstream :D But with the late braking I got past them anyway. After that something happen to Jason, and he fell far behind, but Toni was chasing me all the time within 2 seconds. Then I think I overheated my tires, and the car started to understeer. Toni got into the slipstream and it was an easy pass for him. I tried to stay close to Toni if he made a mistake, but when I followed him the car was even more understeering, and got a drive through penalty for corner cutting. When I drove to the pit I got 10sec stop/go penalty for speeding :D And Ken passed me then. I still tried to catch him, but the race ended before that :(

Is the DRS button that 'rear flap' or something else? I tried it in practice but it didn't work so I drove without it.

I don't like this car's FFB. I don't know the grip on the tire well, and when you turn too much, the FFB gets loose. But the wells and the curbs FFB shoots in full, and you have to seriously hold on to the wheel if you own Direct drive wheel
    :D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

my game crash at about 15 minutes from the end and I think that caused a freeze.
    forced to do "ctrl alt sup" to exit.

7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Right. It is available when both lamps beside the display on the steering wheel are red, if in use they are green. And DRS is closing automatically if you hit the brake ;)

Bad race for me, ruined my quali effort by going too wide out of Stowe and the lap time was deleted... Damn, with my spin in the lap before I was forced to start from the back.
    Overtaking seemed difficult, Ed got good exits and had also DRS.
    Then I hit trouble because of several lags. Not a freeze or stuttering, everything got very slow with along latency, as I had drunk too much beer.
    They came without a warning, were 5-6 sec long and I had up to eight of them... Sorry if that confused some of you, I tried my best to let you guys by. I´m not sure what caused them and if they are just track/mod specific. I hope this is not a problem for future rounds...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Thanks Henri, it was at 256 kbps, maybe far to low. Hopefully increasing it will help.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Enjoyable return to racing here...a bit frustrating, but enjoyable.

I only came across this series last night when searching out some action for today. Saw it was first round and decided to jump in.
    Spent a few hours with the car last night (had never ran this car) and after some work I felt I had a decent pace.

I knew it was risky, running anything other than high downforce at this track...but, the car was so much better in a straight line with medium d/f pack, I decided to work around it. Spent a while getting it balanced, then went to bed. Woke up this morning, slapped high downforce on the car (didn't even test high pack yesterday) and was almost instantly doing close to the same lap times. Wasn't really happy with it though, felt like it wasn't as good as it could be, so went back to what I'd worked with last night.

By quali, I was at least able to mostly pace with other faster cars.
    Fairly decent start, and seemed that a few behind me bogged slightly, so a bit of gap appeared which helped the nerves on L1. Initially, felt like I was able to hang in there with the leading cars, but after a few laps it was clear that I was going to suffer because of lack of d/f. Car was planted when tires were in optimal range, but cold tires, and especially overheated tires, like driving on glass. It was very slick, and the car was an absolute handful.

Knew it was only a matter of time before it bit me. After the tires fell off, I started dropping back a bit, finally settling it at about P5.
    Thought if I could just hold it in the road, maintain a decent pace, I'd be ok and maybe even score a top 5 in the process. But, all that ended when I got too much curbing somewhere along the line (don't remember where) and combined with a bit of lead foot, around I went. Smacked a barrier with the nose, but damage was not bad, I'd mostly stopped before I touched it. Got moving again, only to realize I'd blown a left front tire. ...off to the pits I went. Got that sorted, then got pegged with a D/T for speeding on pit lane. Carried a bit too much speed over the entrance line, so off I went to serve the D/T, which put me further down.

At that point, was outside the top 10 and feeling pretty low. But, I had fresh tires and some red eyes, so a series of 110% laps it was.
    Realized I could catch, at the least, P10...maybe even P9. Drove hard, slipped a few times, but managed to do so. By the time I got there, another car ahead had succumb to some issues and fell back. So, in the end, P8 after all that...guess I'll take it.

Great pace up front, and grats to Roberto and the podium as well.
    Clean racing from all from my seat, and was good to see some familiar faces.
    Looking forward to Round 2 and plan to attend as many of these as I can.

See you all there, hopefully!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I'll have a look into this. Thanks.

12. Konstantin Bach

Konstantin Bach Pro Driver

Addon Renault 3.5 of 2010 was much better than it is now. To be honest, I'm disappointed with today's one. And the track is not so informative, I did not understand where it starts to cut-off speed limit in the pit lane and 1 DRS zone.

13. Ken Jagger

I don't think I could've illustrated more clearly where the DRS Zone operated than in post #2 above. :confused: