Round 1 | Spa Francorchamps

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The 2018 Total 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps was an endurance sports car racing event held at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot, Belgium on 3-5 May 2018. Spa-Francorchamps served as the first race of the 2018-19 FIA World Endurance Championship, and was the seventh running of the event as part of the championship.

2018 Total 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps - Full Race

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Weather settings for this race:

[​IMG]

Sunny
    Sky: clear
    Rain change: 0%
    Humidity: 30%
    Temperature: 29 degrees
    Windspeed: 7,2 kph
    Wind direction: east

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. John vd Geest

rF2 Endurance Pack
    Corvette C7.R at Spa.
    Holy crap What a sound !!

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

GTE demo video

5. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I found something weird on Spa. After T1 around the Total banner, my car enter in "slow motion" mode (the speed on board is still increasing, but the car move slowly) and all AI from back hit me, or pass through my car. This happens only in race. In practice everything is fine.
    Can you guys check if you encounter the same issue?
    Before and after rFactor2 update, same problem.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

We have a practice server running with Spa, Usual practice password, I have been on the server not encountered the problem you are having Flaviu 2 more have been on there with no report of a problem.

7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

It will need a couple to be on the server and advance to race and see if the problem you are having Flaviu is there.

8. John vd Geest

The track has been tested by me in the "Race" setting and I did not have that problem. Everything works fine for me.
    Did you perhaps hit the slowmotion button? Please test it again and let me know what happens.

9. Flaviu Bozga

Thank you for your responses guys.
    I'm not home until Monday. Then I will test it again.
    Maybe it is just my computer. It is a little old :(

10. John vd Geest

Does anyone else have this problem with this track. It runs fine for me in race setting.

11. John vd Geest

May sound weird, but I bought the studio 397 DLC Sebring track today, and had the same problem with slow motion replay.
    After I pressed "R" for instant replay, the problem was gone. Try that for Spa.

12. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ahhhh this reminds me .. That R key ! I bet that was it Flaviu that key switches you to live or to your replay default auto save length ,the one that auto records the last 60 sec's or so by default ..

13. Flaviu Bozga

I hope it is R key, Rob :), cause it is easier to push it than change my computer. Tomorrow I will check it.

14. Flaviu Bozga

Just checked and it is ... my comp. In race (offline) with 10 cars - slow mode after T1, with 2 cars OK.
    I hope online will be playable :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. John vd Geest

Press the "R" key for instand replay while on track. That fixed it for me on Sebring.

16. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

One of my most favourite tracks in all of motorsports! Really looking forward to this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flaviu Bozga

Sorry John, didn't solve my problem. I have in plan to change my graphic card. I hope in time for start of series.
    I tried also online and ... NO GO :(

18. John vd Geest

Try "no replay" in options and set instant replay as low as you can. Also reduce the quality settings. Maybe that helps. Sounds like a memory size / buffer problem.
    See if you can find a solution online.

19. Flaviu Bozga

Thank you very much @John vd Geest for your response. I tried everything. Quality settings ... is low from the beginning of time :), and yes, clearly it is (among others) a memory size problem. My card(s) is HD7850 with 2Gb (4Gb in crossfire) in triple screen o_O
    Until now I pulled out the last drops of "performance" form this cards, but unfortunately it is over. I will try to get a GTX 980ti until next month, if not, I will stick to AMS and AC which are still playable.

20. John vd Geest

Hope you get it fixed.