rFactor 2 Round 1 Spa Francorchamps

Discussion in 'GT3 Endurance Championship - Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2019
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Series promo video

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nigel Middleton

Nice promo vid as always John :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nigel Middleton

5. Nigel Middleton

This series has a formation lap, On green do not race off the grid stay behind the car in front of you in a single file.

The pole sitter will do the formation lap not exceeding 100 km/h
    On the last corner coming on to the start finish the race will begin.

This will also be announced in the warmup session.

6. Bart Slobodzian

Bart Slobodzian Pro Driver

I have signed up to the series but may have to miss Spa, my girlfriends birthday meal is tomorrow and we could only get a late booking at 8pm so I very much doubt I will be back in time for the race. Absolutely gutted was really looking forward to this one too.
    I may still have a stroke of luck tomorrow.:(

7. John vd Geest

She will be happy that you spend time with her ;).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

I keep getting connection lost...it's my end,I guess?

9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm really sorry guys, I must withdraw from this series :(.
    Have fun guys.

10. John vd Geest

I'm also having connection issue's with this track. The server doesn't connect with me.

11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Lots of guys on there John. Try deleting the race rfmod file in rF2 content tab and try joining again.

12. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Maybe we should restart the server ?

13. Nigel Middleton

Sorry to here that Flaviu :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Early contact with Paul left me with an unbalance and a slight off centre steering, so at my first pitstop I decided to repair damage and I was in for a total of 66 seconds.
    After that it was a lot better. But ....... just before my second pitstop I got my second cut track warning and a stop and go penalty. So I had to do the Stop & go first. When I came out of the pits, I had no more fuel for another full lap. Game over o_O.

I do think this track is a bit harsh on penalties. But then again, if you keep it within the track limits, you don't get them :D.
    Great cars though. I like them very much and I will do all the races. I had fun until the end.

And poor Carl ....... I saw him doing 2 stop and go's and he was pretty high up the order. Shame man!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.02.09 - 14.52.26.82.jpg I all but forgot about this series with all the winter storm crap were having ,Then I saw the server last night & glad I did , I joined with 0 practice the eve before the event & went threw all the cars , I first picked the Aston as a winner :D it burned more fuel but it was quick ,to quick for me apparently as I was all over in it lol , went threw the others & settled with the Porsche ,it seemed more stable for me & that's what I needed .. It just got better & better as the race went on , I knew I had no chance so just started in the back & was looking for consistency .. Any positions I gained were simply from keeping it on the black stuff ! lol I was well off pace but did manage to break into the 22's this was my goal after starting in the 26's ! lol ..
    Loved the 2X gas It really brings strategies into play ! And I did get one track warning ..but no penalty's ..:)
    I see the Aston did win !
    Congrats to the podium !
    Hope to see you all next round !

• Like Like x 3
  16. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Pretty sure in the pit stop menu, you can cancel the stop/go from activating on your pit stop, and instead just take a regular pit stop, and do the stop/go on the following lap.

17. John vd Geest

That was a first timer for me, so good to know. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nigel Middleton

Enjoyed the race and the mod gained places with others mishaps.

Put tyres to no change when sitting on the grid waiting for the formation lap to start made a mistake did not cancel the rears when I got in to my pit box for a split second could not understand why I was having tyres until I looked at my pit menu that cost me 46s.

I also only had 1 track warning but no penalty, Looking forward to Bahrain.
    Grats to Stefano for the win and Roberto and Johnny for there podium places.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Nigel Middleton

My TC does not work online I did notice where I have my ABS mapped to my wheel that is also mapped on my keyboard.

Perhaps TC is as well but can't find it :(

20. Carl Middleton

Carl Middleton Pro Driver

What a nightmare for me Q I forgot to change tyres so i Q with medium tyres on lol and as for race I had 4 stop & goes so that was race over for me plus hit wall about mid race so steering was off so every time I turned left it would want to spin on me lol but decided to just drive with it haha grats everyone that finished and cya next round :)

• Like Like x 1