Automobilista Round 1 Spielberg

Discussion in 'Mini Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Congrats Ramon, well deserved win.

Ken is right, this car is a bit of a miracle. I had no problems to drive it without much sideways moments, but still the pace was not there. Even my tyre management seemed not that good, because others with much smoke didn´t not fall over the cliff. More experience/practice should help. Not in the case of today, after a battle with Ken I was set to finish fifth but I simply outbraked myself and lost the position.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ken Jagger

Before the race when I was testing I had a problem with the car over-steering so much on corner entry, that I tried what I could with the changeable setup options to adjust it, without much success. Just before the race I thought to try and do something with the steering, both in my TM driver and in-game and I thought I'd found the issue with the in-game setting being 270 degrees lock-lock?!?

For some reason this car doesn't allow you to change the in-game steering rotation and it didn't seem to want to accept my driver settings either. After some more testing after the race, I discovered that even when turning off the Controller Steering Auto Rotation, it still wouldn't allow the setup menu steering rotation to be changed. It turne out that when I checked after the race I had been running with 270 degrees!! Not advisable and the root of all my problems.

I've never had any issues with steering adjustments in AMS, or GSCE before it, so I don't know if it's just this car mod that's the problem? With Auto Rotation Off, this is what the setup screen shows. It should allow you to change it but it doesn't.

AMS Mini Challenge Steering 2b.jpg

4. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Thanks guys! :cool:

First victory here, to be honest there's two things that helped me; first one is a fact, the more closed is the setup, the better results I usually achieve, because I usually run with default setups. Mini one is almost a closed setup, so that goes nice for me! :p
    And second, the Mini is by far the mod I've driven most in AMS in other championships in the past. A year ago I did a 1h race here so nothing new. It wouldn't be so easy for me in the next ones, that's for sure.
    The car is pure fun to drive. :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

This is how it looks for me Ken:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

Same as me then. It must be this car mod which has a limited steering adjustment. The only way to do it is with the Steering Lock it seems.

Although it's odd if you set Controller Steering Auto Rotation to off, it sets steering to 270 but still says 900 on the garage setup screen.

7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualy: Not quite a PB but good enough for a front row start.
    Race: Ramon was super fast and I had no chance on battling for the lead as he soon pulled away from me. Didn't know how long the tyres would last as I hadn't done any long runs in practice. So I started to drive as smoothly as I could in the hope I'd make it to the end. The tyres could probably have done another 15 minutes by the end so maybe could have pushed a little harder but it wouldn't have made a difference.

Congratulations Ramon on your first win here at SRO and you did in style. Pole position, race win, and fastest lap. A grand slam. :)
    Well done to those that finished :) and commiserations to those that didn't :(

These cars are great fun. One thing that I found to counter the lift off oversteer was to employ some trail braking. It really helped with the weight transitions. I had no problem with the steering in terms of wheel degrees of rotation.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Big congrats to Ramon, both qualy and race speed was phenomenal, well done :cool:.

Did improve and made PB in qualy over my practice laps, was enough for 3rd which was ok result for me.
    Ramon was sailing away fast, stayed close to Paul a lap or two, then he also slowly drifted away.
    From there it was a lonely race to the end and just set the laps, might pushed it a bit to hard as I was loosing time in end as Csaba was closing in.

This might be the car I have spent less time with in AMS, but it surprisingly fun to drive :)

Had no problem with the wheel rotation either, but I always have to set rotation to match the car (osw).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ken Jagger

Dont know if the OSW wheel allows a built in setting to override either driver or in-game settings like the Fanatec does? The answer for me with my TM300RS seems to be either to set Auto Rotation Off which sets it to 270 degrees and then use a lower steering lock setting, or turn Auto Rotation On which sets it to 900 degrees and use a higher steering lock. After some more testing it doesn't seem to make a difference, at least not at Spielberg, but it could at a much tighter, twistier track like Monaco, where higher steering lock is needed.

10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

No, the OSW don't support setting the steering from AMS (newly added feature in rF2 btw). I always set steering range from the car into the wheel (or more exactly, select suitable profile in Simucube software)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I noticed this behaviour too. Before starting rf/AC or Automobilista I use the logitech driver software to set the steering rotation. Normally to 360 degree, which caused the car to oversteer. But I was able to adapt my driving style by really soft steering. I tested it now with 900 dregee set in the logitech software, that seems to make my work easier, probably also helpful for monaco.
    That is something new for me, I saw that the guys in front produced a lot of smoke, while I produced nearly nothing by rooling through the corners. I should probably change my driving style.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Some Sims override what you set in the wheel driver software depending on the options available in the sim for e.g. specific car/wheel settings. This is called Auto Rotation in the AMS Controller page. If it's set to OFF you will get 270 degrees lock-to-lock irrespective of your driver settings. At least that's my experience. Try setting it this way and then Alt-Tab out of AMS and look at your driver settings. Mine show 270 even though I set 540 before going into AMS.

AMS Mini Challenge Steering B.jpg

13. Ken Jagger

That's my point. With this Mini Challenge mod it only seems to allow either 270 or 900 degrees in-game.

14. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

I missed this race because was away (had to go to stupid old town) but to solve that problem turn off automatic steering in controls / settings

Attached Files:

15. Ken Jagger

I'm not sure what car you had selected when you took that screen grab Luis, but I don't think it's the Mini Challenge, because in my install with Auto Rotation Off (what you called automatic steering) it sets it to 270 not 360. And you can't then change it in the garage menu, only the Steering Lock, not Steering Rotation.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

Well; the first race I had 540 degrees or so... I can't change it... It was almost drivable because my wheel is only 240º rotating.... testing Hungaroring offline now set my wheel to 900 degrees and now for me is impossible to drive; even with maximum value at steering block...

Edit: Changing auto steering rotation on/off doesn't work for me... both force me to 900 degrees