Round 1 Zandvoort

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Im looking forward to the new 40 min format ! I remember in the last series we had some intense battles here and there are allot of places where its almost impossible to overtake . & that sand ...

We only have 2 custom skin (so far) and allot of you picked default skins .

Here are the 2 custom skins , please download & install ;-) !

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Zandvoort is a nice track last time i raced it that was on Race07.

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

When I look at the laptimes done on the server I still have a feeling people are sanbaggin' Ah well, tonight all will be revealed :)

5. Nigel Middleton

Not done any yet Roy will see how competitive I am tonight probably not at all, As no time for practice.

But saying that I find the default on AC is pretty good will change 2 things brake pressure to 80% wing 3 then will see how it goes :)

6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

1st race of the series has been run. There was a high turnout today with all of the spots taken during qualifying. NICE!
    I have two things that unsettled me a bit.
    1- I did not have the skin I requested :( That alone was reason enough to have a good excuse if I didn't win this one
    2- Qualifying protocol. There were some who clearly didn't read the rules. That can be expected with a lot of new guys in this series.

Right, on to my race report;
    Qualifying; I expected a few people to be in the low 1.46 times. To my amazement I was able to set a 1.46.3 early in the session giving me a "safe" time to have a real go on my second run. That gave me a 1.46.155, enough for pole. What a relief! I knew I had to have a frontrow start to have a chance at winning. Hakan Aslan took 2nd, Sean Devlin 3rd. These btw were the only ones doing a 1.46 lap.

Race;
    My race setup had me on hard tyres with a full 55 liters of fuel. So my first few laps were going to be slowish. That's the reason I needed a front row start ;) I was going for a race with no pitstop.
    I got a very good start and most importantly, a clean 1st corner. At the end of the 1st lap I had a lead of 1 sec. Decided to have a few fast laps to see if I could increase the gap. Seemed I was about 0.7 seconds a lap faster than 2nd (Hakan). On lap 7 I tought I would take it easy having a lead of about 5 seconds, only to see Hakan closing the gap on that lap by 0.3 seconds. Back to a faster, but still safe speed. No worries from then on. Untill around lap 18 when I came upon a backmarker whom I had to pass. He left the door open in the Tarzan corner giving me space to pass him. Nice. 5 laps to go... Then on lap 20 STUPID ME made a mistake. Got the wheels on the grass and spun. Cost me 7 seconds :mad: Got on the gas as soon as I could keeping a close eye on the lead I still had on Hakan. All was good. Took it easy the last 3 laps just to be safe, and finished 1st.
    Result, 1st Roy Cop, 2nd Hakan Aslan, 3rd Sean Devlin.
    A quick look at the replay showed that as far as I could see everyone had a clean race. Great! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

On to the next one!

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

8. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good report. How you can do those times without a pitstop is a mistery to me :p

9. John vd Geest

Had a good bit of practise time for this race, but frontwheel drive cars are a mistery to me. They need a whole different approach in drivingstyle and setup then rearwheel drive. But I did learn a few things. If you dropp a gear before the corner, you're whole laptime goes in the shitter. Or you have to hold it in third gear like it was and it seems to "pull" better out of the corner. But when tirewear sets in, that doesn't work anymore. There is a driving technique here I have to figure out. I only know what I'm doing in rearwheel drive cars LOL.

Anyway, Qual 7 and Finish 5 is still a good result, progress right :D. There's potetial for a podium there!!
    Shame that Roel Postma, my teammate didn't finish higher. He was faster then me and should have been in the top 5 on pace alone. Something must have happend. We will have some good results in the future I'm sure :). Dutchies rule !!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  10. Nigel Middleton

Started the race well from the back of the grid made up places through others mistakes and passed a couple of cars, Decided to go with hard tyres they were working really well.
    Came up to Roger stayed behind for a few laps decided to make my move went slightly off line that put me out of sink for the next left hander went wide spun hit the wall decided to call it a day.

Looking forward to Estoril.
    Grats on the win Roy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Those times were down to going with the hard tyres for this one (they are by far the faster tyre for this track) and having done about 4 races here (with different mods) the last couple of weeks. The fuel saving thing is down to short shifting and coasting where ever possible.
    And last Thursday learnt me that i'm really not that fast because at the SRS race there were people who were a full second a lap faster than me. So I didn't think I was safe for this one.

And last but not least, I love these tin tops :D

12. John vd Geest

It showes. Grats buddy :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Really? You surprise me there:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

BTW guys, will the password stay the same as it was for Zandvoort? I almost couldn't get on the server because the pw changed last minute.

15. Nigel Middleton

No it is changed to race day password about 24 hours before the race or should be.

16. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I understand, but for some reason or other I did not see the new password. Clicked on the track in the championship section and only the standard b***kl***s came up. But next time i'll go online earlier so I have ample time to get the right one ;-)