rFactor 2 Round 11 Knockhill - Wed Nov 23, 2022

Discussion in 'Austin Mini Cooper S MK1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mini Cooper kop.png

ROUND 11 KNOCKHILL

Knockhill Racing Circuit is a motor racing circuit in Fife, Scotland. It opened in September 1974 and is Scotland's national motorsport centre. The circuit is located in the countryside about 6 miles (10 km) north of Dunfermline. It is the only FIA approved circuit in Scotland.

History
    The circuit opened in September 1974. It was created by joining service roads to a nearby disused mineral railway, closed in 1951, which served Lethans Colliery. The first car race was held on 18 May 1975.

Between 1974 and 1983 the circuit had several different owners which helped to steadily develop the circuit's facilities and attractions. Derek Butcher became the owner in 1984 and since then Knockhill has been developed to a point where it is able to host rounds of most of the major British car and motorbike championships. The circuit hosted a round of the British Touring Car Championships for twelve years until the deal ended in 2002 with the promoters seeking infrastructure upgrades. Knockhill made improvements and the touring car series returned to Knockhill in 2004 with ITV televising the event live. The British Formula Three Championship and British GT Championship returned to Knockhill in May 2005.

In 2008, Knockhill named a corner Leslie's Bend in the honour of race car driver David Leslie shortly after his death in a small jet aircraft-accident at Farnborough.

In 2012, the circuit restarted racing and track days in the counter-clockwise direction. It gained a licence for motorbikes and cars to compete in both directions, the first racing circuit to achieve this in the UK in modern times. As of December 2021 the circuit has an FIA grade 3 licence, the only circuit in Scotland issued with a license by the FIA at this time.

Mini Cooper SMRC Knockhill 10th October 2020, Race 1 & 2

2. John vd Geest

A very good version of Knockhill has come out on Steam. We will use that version.
    You can download it on the Knockhill event page where you sign up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. John vd Geest

4. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

2. Knockhill Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a standing start

3. You can find the password for the race server on the Knockhill event page.

4. You can find the server by first typing sro

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

7. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

8. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

9. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received.

If you have questions, please ask them below.

5. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

I am enjoying this track, the fact that it not only goes left/right but also up and down is a real joy (compare to that last place).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. John vd Geest

Yeah, it's a populair club track for good reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Some of the best BTCC races have been held at this track

• Like Like x 2
  8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sorry, I can't make the race. Great track, but ... miserable mood. I really tried to do some laps but ... didn't wok.
    Have fun

• Like Like x 2
  9. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Time to reinstall rF2.
    I was really looking forward to this one. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2022
  10. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

:( Hope you get it sorted Caitlin

• Like Like x 2
  11. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Stream VOD
    This track was tough... so easy to mess up the chicanes and blind crests and lose momentum!

I went to the grid and chatting about the cars around me, saying to my chat there should be a car appearing next to me... which never appeared! Then the klaxxon sounded and green flag waved and I nearly missed it!!

@Kiril Kirilov made a mistake in the first turns and I sneak passed. I was lucky to keep things steady for the first few laps, 3 minis in a group. He chased me down and dived up the inside. I lost all momentum and the draft and just had to hope for a mistake.

The patience paid off and @Phil Brown would make a mistake I would get passed with just over 6 minutes to go! Heart rate monitor then goes into the red for the last 5-10 mins of the race while Phil chases me down. I was so slow out of the last turn hairpin, I was sure he would get me down the long straight. But it was the chicane... I messed up the exit and Phil was able to get me up the inside, tried my best to stay wide and not run onto the kerb. Lucky I was able to stay in the draft and he left the door open at the hairpin, so I put my car in it! Sticking to the apex as best I could and hoping that my exit wasn't as bad as it had been for the majority of the race, I would be vulnerable on the straight. Crossed the line, crew chief then says "last lap". I look in the mirror, where is Phil? He's in the pits? What happened? Looking at the vid he slowed over the finish. Did you think that was the last lap Phil?

Contrasts... now heading to one of the fastest circuits in the UK, draft will be king here and if lost I'd imagine it's going to be a boring race!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

I didn't have enough fuel for the last lap :(

• Like Like x 2
  13. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

DOH!