rFactor 2 Round 12 Thruxton - Wed Nov 30, 2022

Discussion in 'Austin Mini Cooper S MK1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mini Cooper kop.png

ROUND 12 THRUXTON

The Thruxton Circuit is a 2.356 mi (3.792 km) motor-racing circuit located near the village of Thruxton in Hampshire, England which hosts motorsport events including British Touring Cars and Formula 3 racing. It is often referred to as the "Fastest Circuit in the UK" where drivers can reach speeds of over 190 mph (300 km/h) and has earned the reputation of being a true driver's track. To illustrate this, Damon Hill drove his Williams Formula One car around the circuit at an average speed of 147 mph (237 km/h) in 1993.

The site also houses the headquarters of the British Automobile Racing Club (BARC)

History
    The site was originally constructed in 1942 as RAF Thruxton, a World War II airfield which was home to both the RAF and USAAF and was used for troop-carrying aircraft and gliders, including operations during the D-Day landings. Also, the paratroopers who took part in the successful Bruneval Raid (Operation Biting), in which German radar equipment was seized on the coast of France, took off from here.

The circuit, which follows the line of the airfield's perimeter road, was established in 1968. From 1950 to 1965, motorbike races had taken place on the runways and perimeter road.

Thruxton CSSC Classic K Mini Cooper S Ollie Streek vs Nick Swift

2. John vd Geest

Server is up.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Alas, I have just been informed of a work's event next Wednesday evening :( (It's that time of the year) So I am OUT for Thruxton </3

Will definitely be back for Blackwood GP and Dundrod!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

2. Thruxton Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a standing start

3. You can find the password for the race server on the Thruxton event page.

4. You can find the server by first typing sro

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

7. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

8. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

9. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received.

If you have questions, please ask them below.

5. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

6. Caitlin Penny

Oh no :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

8. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Guess ;)

9. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Legendary 80's touring car driver and television presenter Mike Smith?

10. Caitlin Penny

Not me! I stuffed it into the wall while trying to pass Kiril for the lead. :(

11. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Stream VOD

As usual.... way off the pace, struggled to keep the momentum up. Maybe too scared to understeer out of the corners and run wide onto grass.
    I knew this would be a drafting track but it's just a pity we had so few drivers.

Up to 2nd early on when @Caitlin Penny made a mistake at the start. Then passed by @Phil Brown and we had a great back and forth battle. It was hard to get an overlap even close in the draft. Had a scary moment when I went up the inside just before the really fast right. I had to use all the road out to the kerb but my spotter still said "car outside". I looked around at my rear left corner to see Phil on the grass at full tilt!
    I was sorry to see Phil spin on entering turn 2.

I caught @Kiril Kirilov near the end, crossing the line just as the clock hit zero... I think he was just bored out in the lead and pacing himself.

At least we will have more corners to create passes at Blackwood, I think it's going to be tough over those kerbs though! I really hope more than 4 drivers turn up though!!

• Like Like x 2